Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged while phone/BB disconnected

Options
  • 14-04-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My phone/BB was disconnected on Monday 18 March of this year.
    Due to some family issues I was unable to pay the bill of €191 on time.
    I have just received a bill from Eircom this morning with another months rental on it coming to a total of €248.14.
    The rental period is from 4 April to 3 May??
    I had no service from Eircom during this period and have even received a letter from Eircom informing me of this termination.
    The letter, which I felt was quite threatening in tone informs me that even though I have been an Eircom customer for many, many years and this is the first time that this has happened I will still be subject to full installation connection fees when I want my service restored.!!
    What I really think is remarkable is the fact that they want me to return the crusty old 3347 router which I've had for at least 10-12 years....

I would be grateful if you could please look into this matter.
    I have no problem paying off on my bill but there is no way that I will pay for a months service that I did not receive or full installation costs.
    I am quite serious when I say that I will just switch to UPC.

Kind regards,

IM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi,

My phone/BB was disconnected on Monday 18 March of this year.
    Due to some family issues I was unable to pay the bill of €191 on time.
    I have just received a bill from Eircom this morning with another months rental on it coming to a total of €248.14.
    The rental period is from 4 April to 3 May??
    I had no service from Eircom during this period and have even received a letter from Eircom informing me of this termination.
    The letter, which I felt was quite threatening in tone informs me that even though I have been an Eircom customer for many, many years and this is the first time that this has happened I will still be subject to full installation connection fees when I want my service restored.!!
    What I really think is remarkable is the fact that they want me to return the crusty old 3347 router which I've had for at least 10-12 years....

I would be grateful if you could please look into this matter.
    I have no problem paying off on my bill but there is no way that I will pay for a months service that I did not receive or full installation costs.
    I am quite serious when I say that I will just switch to UPC.

Kind regards,

IM

Hi Iomega Man

I can confirm that the rental charges would still apply if the service is temporarily taken off service until payment is made - If in the event your account has been fully closed then all rental charges will run up to the date of when it was closed and if a contract exists then this will be imposed via early cessation penalty charges. If the service has been temporarily taken off service until payment then there is a reconnection charge of €24.99 however if the account is indeed fully ceased and you wish to be reconnected then full installation charges will apply - Please PM me your account number and I'll check which is the case.

I can appreciate your feelings on this situation In light of your continued custom with eircom in the past however such procedure is set in eircoms terms of service and must apply to all customers. If your service is only temporarily taken off service you might be able to discuss a reconnection with a payment plan with eircom accounts on free phone 1901 however I will be unable to agree to such plans here.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement