Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi query - Dublin city

Options
  • 14-04-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi there, hope it's ok to post my query here:

Could anyone recommend whether there is a decent Dublin city based taxi company that is *not* metred? I will have to travel from East Wall area to the DSPCA in Rathfarnham in a few weeks (it's not easily reachable by public transport), and because that's a significant distance I get the feeling that Hailo and similar companies would be very expensive.

I used to live in Dublin 8 and used a taxi company based on Cork Street who would give me a quote if I let them know my destination in advance and would not put on the meter, but I'm not sure if that was regular policy or just because I was living 2 mins away from them at the time.

Many thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

All taxis can give a fixed fare quote for a journey. If they refuse just move onto the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

enda1 wrote: »
    All taxis can give a fixed fare quote for a journey. If they refuse just move onto the next.

this is true, have a friend who was getting a taxi to lusk from town one evening and literally went to a couple of different taxis in the rank and played them off each other. He got an absolute bargain!

Advertisement