Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSPCA travel query

• 14-04-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am going on holiday in 2 weeks for 4 days, and had pre-arranged to leave my cat with my parents. Despite this, last night they decided to go away for a few days themselves at the same time as me, which has caused me a lot of stress because I can't leave my cat with anyone else (my friends are either allergic, or they have dogs) and even though I love my friends I don't feel comfortable about them coming to the house to feed my cat incase she gets freaked out about a new person coming in and escapes. So I have decided to leave her with the DSPCA animal shelters. However I live in East Wall area, and they are in Rathfarnham. I don't have a lot of money so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cheap way to travel out there? Or would anyone know of a taxi company that would charge a 'flat-rate' rather than metred (as meters could be horribly expensive depending on traffic etc)?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I think that your cat would be less freaked out by someone that she doesn't know going in to her own home to feed her, than by going into a cattery with lots of different sights, smells and noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thesiren

muddypaws wrote: »
    I think that your cat would be less freaked out by someone that she doesn't know going in to her own home to feed her, than by going into a cattery with lots of different sights, smells and noises.

I'll be away for a week, and given that my friends aren't fans of cats (all prefer dogs), they would literally just go in, feed her, change litter and that would be it, I would prefer the idea of someone spending some time with her each day and playing with her, as she really likes affection/attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

OK, sorry, in your initial post you said you were away for 4 days :) Hope you work out how to get her over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thesiren

muddypaws wrote: »
    OK, sorry, in your initial post you said you were away for 4 days :) Hope you work out how to get her over there.

sorry total butterfingers today, meant to type 7 not 4. Sorry about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Theres a bus that goes most of the way up to the shelter so you could get that and walk for a super cheap option. Though the road is no more than a country lane and could be a long walk carrying a cat

You could alternatively get the bus and then get a taxi from the bus stop which shouldn't cost more than €10

• Advertisement
Advertisement