Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF Eircom?

Options
  • 14-04-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

It's now going on nine weeks since I ordered phone /broadband.
    When I ordered I was told it would be 10 working days until anyone came out because of the storms. Fair enough I said.
    On the eleventh working day I get a call saying someone would be at the house that afternoon. I was at work so I couldn't make it.
    Two days later I was told that someone would be off on the following Thursday. I took the day off and nobody turned up. Rang up and was given some excuse and told it would be a further seven working days until someone came out.
    Seven days later I get a call saying someone would be out the next day. I took another day off and one of your technicians turned up and set up the line, tested it and went home.
    That was fine until I got a phone and plugged it in and nothing happened.
    Rang eircom and loe and behold it would take seven working days until someone could call out.
    I was driving home from work two days later and I happened to see the same technician who installed everything. I pulled over to him and he followed me down to the house and had a look.
    He found that some other gosh!te had come along and cut the connection to my housemaid used the terminal for someone else's place. He told me that he couldn't do anything about it because he didn't have any cables with him.
    So about five days later the I get a call from a guy saying he'll be at my house in an hour. I was at work so needless to say I was less than impressed.
    I told him the problem and he went to the house himself and went to the electricity poll where the connection was a attempted to fix it.
    Unfortunately he hadn't enough cable with him so he couldn't complete the job.
    He told me to ring eircom and tell them, which I did, and u was informed that it would be ANOTHER seven working days until someone came out.
    So here I am, going on nine weeks with no connection.
    Can someone please help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

matt360 wrote: »
    When I ordered I was told it would be 10 working days until anyone came out because of the storms. Fair enough I said.
    On the eleventh working day I get a call saying someone would be at the house that afternoon. I was at work so I couldn't make it.
    Two days later I was told that someone would be off on the following Thursday. I took the day off and nobody turned up. Rang up and was given some excuse and told it would be a further seven working days until someone came out.
    Seven days later I get a call saying someone would be out the next day. I took another day off and one of your technicians turned up and set up the line, tested it and went home.
    Rang eircom and loe and behold it would take seven working days until someone could call out.
    I was driving home from work two days later and I happened to see the same technician who installed everything. I pulled over to him and he followed me down to the house and had a look.
    He found that some other gosh!te had come along and cut the connection to my housemaid used the terminal for someone else's place. He told me that he couldn't do anything about it because he didn't have any cables with him.
    So about five days later the I get a call from a guy saying he'll be at my house in an hour. I was at work so needless to say I was less than impressed.
    I told him the problem and he went to the house himself and went to the electricity poll where the connection was a attempted to fix it.
    He told me to ring eircom and tell them, which I did, and u was informed that it would be ANOTHER seven working days until someone came out.
    Can someone please help?
    Hi Matt360

Very sorry to hear this - apologies for the delays and of course for the disappointing communication surrounding this issue so far.

Please PM me the order number and I will request clarification on this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Ahh, sounds familiar...signed up myself for e fibre 10 days ago and was told "technician" would call yesterday between 12 and 5 ,so make sure someones there wont ya.....took half day from work and would'nt ya know it,despite having two mobile contacts and house phone they had'nt the decency to call and say they were'nt coming....just sit around like a fool for eircom ya....all the sales pitch baloney sh*te and they cant get it  right on day one..looks like vodafone again for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

The icing on the cake was yesterday when I got a bill for €51!!! Can you believe that?
    €51 for what?
    Someone was meant to ring yesterday. Didn't hear anything. Time to look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭cathalomurchu

I ordered eFibre in December... and have heard nothing from them since the day of ordering. Just go with Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

matt360 wrote: »
    Can someone please help?
    Hi Matt360

Very sorry to hear this - apologies for the delays and of course for the disappointing communication surrounding this issue so far.

Please PM me the order number and I will request clarification on this.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Matt360

I am still awaiting confirmation of a date for when we can have this resolved for you. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing however I will let you know as soon as I have news on this.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement