Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile 4G Speeds

Options
  • 14-04-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the average 4G download speed should be on eMobile??

I'm using the new HTC One with a 4G plan and I'm bang in the city center of Dublin yet the fastest I've gotten is circa 11Mbps concurrent.

Surely 4G should be hitting over 20M every time??

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

skeg16 wrote: »

I'm using the new HTC One with a 4G plan and I'm bang in the city center of Dublin yet the fastest I've gotten is circa 11Mbps concurrent.

Thanks
    Hi skeg16,

Have you set up your phone to connect to 4G? Are you able connect to 4G in other locations?

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Thanks
    Hi skeg16,

Have you set up your phone to connect to 4G? Are you able connect to 4G in other locations?

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Yes I have a 4G enabled phone and the 4G symbol at the top when I'm within 4G coverage areas.
    I changed my APN details to data.eircom.ie (it was previously set to meteor apn) and it slightly improved performance but I'm still not impresses as I could of reached these speeds with 3G or HSDPA. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Can someone come back to me on this :) 

Thanks
    Hi skeg16,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Yes I have a 4G enabled phone and the 4G symbol at the top when I'm within 4G coverage areas.
    I changed my APN details to data.eircom.ie (it was previously set to meteor apn) and it slightly improved performance but I'm still not impresses as I could of reached these speeds with 3G or HSDPA. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
    Hi skeg16,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I will get this checked with our technical team.

Gráinne

Thanks
    Hi skeg16,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks
    Hi skeg16,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Could you PM your mobile number and PIN I will get this checked with our technical team.

Gráinne
    Hi Gráinne,

Any updates on this case, I'm wondering if its a simple APN issue or the 4G Module in the phone is throttled or something.

Thanks,
    patrick 

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Hi skeg16,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks
    Hi skeg16,

Gráinne
    Hi Gráinne,

Any updates on this case, I'm wondering if its a simple APN issue or the 4G Module in the phone is throttled or something.

Thanks,
    patrick 
    Hi Patrick,

Due to several variable speeds on a mobile phone we would be unable to advise what exactly the speeds would be on a specific handset.

Grainne

Hi Grainne,

This is proving very difficult to get a rough answer. I rang multiple stores yesterday and of the 2 stores that answered the phone both individuals were clueless.

Surely you or one of you colleagues can humor me and run some speed tests on your 4G network and post the average DL speed. eMobile would have first promoted the new 4G network by displaying their fast speeds of up to xMbps.

Thanks

Hi All,

Can someone please assist me with this thread, I'm only getting speeds of circa 10Mbps:

HTC One M8
    eMobile 4G plan
    4G symbol a the top of the phone
    APN = data.mymetoer.ie (I have also tried [font=Arial, sans-serif]Data.eircom.ie[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]  but no luck[/font])
    I'm located just across from the docklans i.e. smack bang dublin city

Any help is welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi All,

Can someone please assist me with this thread, I'm only getting speeds of circa 10Mbps:

HTC One M8
    eMobile 4G plan
    APN = data.mymetoer.ie (I have also tried [font=Arial, sans-serif]Data.eircom.ie[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]  but no luck[/font])

Any help is welcome
    Hi skeg16

Are you getting this speed everywhere or just at the location where your address is?

Can you PM me your address & I'll look in to this further for you?

Al

Hi All,

HTC One M8
    eMobile 4G plan

Any help is welcome
    Hi skeg16

Are you getting this speed everywhere or just at the location where your address is?

Al
    Hi Al,

This is my work place. I'm from the midlands so no hope of getting EDGE down there never mind 4G :pac:

I'm right beside the grand canal docks pearse st. D2

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi All,

HTC One M8
    eMobile 4G plan
    APN = data.mymetoer.ie (I have also tried [font=Arial, sans-serif]Data.eircom.ie[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] but no luck[/font])

Any help is welcome
    Hi skeg16

Al
    Hi Al,

This is my work place. I'm from the midlands so no hope of getting EDGE down there never mind 4G :pac:

Cheers

Hi skeg16

Thanks for that :)

Although you are not getting the full bandwidth 4G can offer, it is also much more than what 3G offers & is reflective that the 4G is working, speeds are also advised as 'up to' - however I'll check with technical support to see if there is a coverage issue in that area, in the meantime can you confirm if any of your colleagues are getting faster speeds on 4G at the location in question?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Cork981

I get 44 down 21 up in cork city centre.

Cork981 wrote: »
    I get 44 down 21 up in cork city centre.
    Thanks good Cork981 :)

Al

Hi All,

HTC One M8
    eMobile 4G plan

Any help is welcome
    Hi skeg16

Al
    Hi Al,

Cheers
    Hi skeg16

Can you confirm if any of your colleagues are getting faster speeds on 4G at the location in question?

Al

Hey Alan,

One of the guys got over 40Mbps but that's with Vodafone, unfortunately I seem to be the only on in the office on eMobile :(

I will keep trying speed tests as I recently seen there is 4G coverage in tyrellspass (near where I live).

Have you heard anything back regarding coverage issues.

Skeg

Hey Alan,

One of the guys got over 40Mbps but that's with Vodafone, unfortunately I seem to be the only on in the office on eMobile :(

I will keep trying speed tests as I recently seen there is 4G coverage in tyrellspass (near where I live).

Have you heard anything back regarding coverage issues.

Skeg

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi skeg16

Yes, I've been advised that there is no issues in this area and masts are fully operational. I've also been advised that there are a number of things that can affect signal such as infrastructure interference (eg. Reinforced steel walls etc) - although this is impossible for emobile to recognise.

Al[/font]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ive had the just shy of 32 Down and 19 Up just off the Burlington Road 

Ive had the just shy of 32 Down and 19 Up just off the Burlington Road 
    Hi pistolpetes11

That's good, I've heard of some good reports on 4g from there before..

Al

Advertisement