Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa chargeback time

Options
  • 14-04-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hello, I ordered an item online 7 weeks ago, which was never delivered and the vendor is ignoring all contacts. I submitted a Visa dispute form to Bank of Ireland 3 weeks ago. 

Can you give me an estimate of how long a simple case like this should take? 

I'm fearing that the longer its left the more chance this company can steal my money and get away with it.

Thanks

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi keno-daytrader, 

Many thanks for your post. 

There is no set time for a Visa Chargeback as no two cases would be the same. If you call your branch, a representative will ask for an update from the Chargebacks Team. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi keno-daytrader, 

Many thanks for your post. 

There is no set time for a Visa Chargeback as no two cases would be the same. If you call your branch, a representative will ask for an update from the Chargebacks Team. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy
    I called my branch, they said the chargeback "team" is working on disputes received 30 days ago. A month long backlog may show you need more people on the chargeback team?

Its been almost 8 weeks now since this money was taken from my account. 

Very poor customer service on BOI's part I must add, I hope the delay doesnt let these thieves away with my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi keno-daytrader,

We are sorry to hear of this delay. Please be assured that the charge back team are working through disputes on a case by case basis and will process your request as soon as possible. 

If you need help with any further query please just ask us. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi keno-daytrader,

We are sorry to hear of this delay. Please be assured that the charge back team are working through disputes on a case by case basis and will process your request as soon as possible. 

If you need help with any further query please just ask us. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah, I now realize that "as soon as possible" means at least 30 days after we receive your form we will look into it. 

This sort of approach to customer service leaves me with little confidence when using my Bank of Ireland credit cards as to, will I be protected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi keno-daytrader,

Some charge back cases can take longer than others, depending on the complexity of the case. 

Please be assured that credit card security and protecting our customers' cards is of paramount importance to Bank of Ireland. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi keno-daytrader,

Some charge back cases can take longer than others, depending on the complexity of the case. 

Please be assured that credit card security and protecting our customers' cards is of paramount importance to Bank of Ireland. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah, if "protecting our customers' cards is of paramount importance" why is there a backlog of at least 30 days to even look at your customers dispute form for the first time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi keno-daytrader[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you are still awaiting an update on your dispute. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]We do appreciate your concerns and will certainly forward these on for you.  Although we have no account access here, you can contact Bank of Ireland 365 to reiterate your concerns and they will liaise with or put you in contact with our Charge Back Team.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can call on 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000. Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-12 midnight, Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We do hope your query is resolved shortly for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement