Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do anyone ?

Options
  • 14-04-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Im looking for ideas of things to do with my gf I want to keep the relationship going so I dont want us sitting in every weekend incase she gets bored ! but cant think of anything to do on the weekends besides cinema or eddie rockets and drinking in a bar, happy to hear any ideas for coupley things to do out there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Im looking for ideas of things to do with my gf I want to keep the relationship going so I dont want us sitting in every weekend incase she gets bored ! but cant think of anything to do on the weekends besides cinema or eddie rockets and drinking in a bar, happy to hear any ideas for coupley things to do out there

Museums, Zoo, Walks in the park, beach, Visit opw sites. Go somewhere for a weekend. Plenty to do, you just need to make the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

bumper234 wrote: »
    Museums, Zoo, Walks in the park, beach, Visit opw sites. Go somewhere for a weekend. Plenty to do, you just need to make the effort.

As does she! Strange post OP, maybe head over to Personal Issues first to work out the one-sided relationship issues first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

If the weather is any way decent my favourite places would be...

Botanic Gardens
    Iveagh Gardens
    Stephens Green
    Trip to Bray
    Any of the beaches
    Cycle around Phoenix park (rent bikes if you don't have some)
    (bring a picnic to any of these)

If it's the weekend, then take in some of the great markets around Dublin (indoor and outdoor) like the one at meeting house square, the ferocious mingle marcade etc.

I would say pick up a free copy of 'Totally Dublin' somewhere in town (it's always in the epicurean, the ifi, the lighthouse cinema, etc), that is great for event listings, both regular listings and more one-off type stuff. It comes out every month.

Even just with eating, go somewhere different, try new places, not just empty pockets :P

With nightlife, also try new things, maybe a comedy club, a gig, try new bars and restaurants you haven't been to before, even try a different cinema (I really love the lighthouse, nice cafe, bar, great screens, comfy seats, more grown-up type atmosphere in general, more alternative films).

Your budget does not have to be big, it's just about sharing new experiences.

An example of some things I did last weekend with my bf.....

-Caught some films at the Japanese Film Festival
    -Went to Umi Falafel (first time)
    -Wandered around Sth William St/Georges St/Drury St area, nice outdoor seating around this area, bit of people watching, bit of browsing around, it's quite a 'pretty' part of the city.
    -Had coffee at the top of Stephens Green, sat upstairs by the window and watched the street performance artists below, great craic, love a bit of people watching + you're in from the cold! Great buzz around this area at the weekend with street performance artists, grafton street shoppers, people going into the park, rickshaw drivers etc. Top of Bewleys cafe by the window is another good spot for this. Just hanging out and having fun, enjoying the simple things, doing something rather than nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

National Art Gallery, Natural History Museum, Dublin Castle, Viking Splash Tour, Glasnevin Cemetary, Scuba Diving, Rock climbing, Kayaking, hiking, comedy clubs, theatre, mass

Jesus man you are in a capital city. There is plenty to do. What do you enjoy? Work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

--LOS-- wrote: »
    If the weather is any way decent my favourite places would be...

Botanic Gardens
    Iveagh Gardens
    Stephens Green
    Trip to Bray
    Any of the beaches
    Cycle around Phoenix park (rent bikes if you don't have some)
    (bring a picnic to any of these)

If it's the weekend, then take in some of the great markets around Dublin (indoor and outdoor) like the one at meeting house square, the ferocious mingle marcade etc.

I would say pick up a free copy of 'Totally Dublin' somewhere in town (it's always in the epicurean, the ifi, the lighthouse cinema, etc), that is great for event listings, both regular listings and more one-off type stuff. It comes out every month.

Even just with eating, go somewhere different, try new places, not just empty pockets :P

With nightlife, also try new things, maybe a comedy club, a gig, try new bars and restaurants you haven't been to before, even try a different cinema (I really love the lighthouse, nice cafe, bar, great screens, comfy seats, more grown-up type atmosphere in general, more alternative films).

Your budget does not have to be big, it's just about sharing new experiences.

An example of some things I did last weekend with my bf.....

-Caught some films at the Japanese Film Festival
    -Went to Umi Falafel (first time)
    -Wandered around Sth William St/Georges St/Drury St area, nice outdoor seating around this area, bit of people watching, bit of browsing around, it's quite a 'pretty' part of the city.
    -Had coffee at the top of Stephens Green, sat upstairs by the window and watched the street performance artists below, great craic, love a bit of people watching + you're in from the cold! Great buzz around this area at the weekend with street performance artists, grafton street shoppers, people going into the park, rickshaw drivers etc. Top of Bewleys cafe by the window is another good spot for this. Just hanging out and having fun, enjoying the simple things, doing something rather than nothing.

Thank you for the constructive helpful tips you have opened up my mind a bit more. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Go to the Tea Garden and smoke shisha pipes

Advertisement