Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown Live Line Up

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No dress code as mentioned. I work nearby and you see loads of young women all dolled up going in so I guess some people might have gotten the impression its enforced. There is some best dressed ladies prize

http://alisoncanavan.com/news-and-events/bulmers-live-at-leopardstown-with-brown-cow-beauty-boutiques/

Group-shot-e1406239371454.jpg

But heres a crowd shot at the gig
    BL%20Crowd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Should there be tickets for sale at the gate for this evenings gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Should there be tickets for sale at the gate for this evenings gig?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

If Jim Carroll is to be believed, you know ticket sales are down when the artist appears on local radio in the run up to the gig.

Johnny Marr did a 45 minute segment on Tom Dunne the other night. It was enjoyable, but Tom Dunne was just a bit too... almost patronising (that's appearing to talk to someone nicely, but actually being dismissive, by the way ;) ) to make it great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Johnny put on a great show last night it must be said. Thought we'd get an hour, but he must have played for an hour and a half. He seemed to enjoy playing too which was surprising considering he was playing at the back of a racecourse in the middle of nowhere.

Definitely the best value €15 I've spent this summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

AdMMM wrote: »
    Johnny put on a great show last night it must be said. Thought we'd get an hour, but he must have played for an hour and a half. He seemed to enjoy playing too which was surprising considering he was playing at the back of a racecourse in the middle of nowhere.

Definitely the best value €15 I've spent this summer!

What was the atmosphere like at the gig? Heading to the Charlatans, and hoping there will be more fans there than disinterested punters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

UsedToWait wrote: »
    What was the atmosphere like at the gig? Heading to the Charlatans, and hoping there will be more fans there than disinterested punters...

I'd say it will be good, I was at the Happy Mondays up there last year in the lashing rain and it was still hopping.

As was said, easily the best value for money gig I have been to, probably ever! Great performance, was a bit worried the crowd wouldn't take to him but I really was pleasantly surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Those who are interested will inevitably make their way up towards the front so there'll be a good atmosphere there, those who are disinterested will hang back in the marquee which is about 20 rows back from the stage. The bar is at the back of the marquee so people hanging back there talking won't be heard at all from near the front which is really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would say the Charlatans will get a lot of people going just to see them, i.e. no interest in the racing at all.

Dunno if the gigs ever sell out, I was thinking the happy mondays might as they had not played in a while -and it being so cheap.

It was funny to see the mix in the crowd. There was some guy in front of me with presumably his mother in her 50's or 60's beside him right at the front. Bez was coming down doing his dancing in front of her. I was imagining her going into work saying "oh I was at the happy mondays last night, right down the front, that bez fella seems a lovely chap", and some young lads jaw dropping who didn't even know they were playing.

• Advertisement

Absolutely storming show last night. I look forward to getting the recording of that.

It was the best I've seen him out of his performances in Leinster over the last 18 months. Can't believe how good the value was.

It was also nice and busy last night. As busy as for the Happy Mondays. I was at Peter Hook last month. Another great show, but there were all of about 50 people at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

Absolutely storming show last night. I look forward to getting the recording of that.

It was the best I've seen him out of his performances in Leinster over the last 18 months. Can't believe how good the value was.

It was also nice and busy last night. As busy as for the Happy Mondays. I was at Peter Hook last month. Another great show, but there were all of about 50 people at it.

Completely agree re last night. Top stuff from johnny I really like the new single easy money . Super atmosphere and weather to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Just wondering, for future reference, what transport did ye get out to see Johhny Marr last night.

What Dublin Bus service goes out to the racecourse?

Where is and how far is the nearest Luas stop to the racecourse?

Once you get in to the racecourse area, is it like Marlay Park - in that at Marlay Park, there is a further 20 odd minute walk to the concert area,

Just curious what time the Leopardstown gigs end and about how long it'd take to get back to the nearest bus stop and Luas stop and then how long it'd take to get back into town afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Just wondering, for future reference, what transport did ye get out to see Johhny Marr last night.

What Dublin Bus service goes out to the racecourse

Where is and how far is the nearest Luas stop to the racecourse.

Once you get in to the racecourse area,is it like Marlay Park - in that at Marlay Park, there is a further 20 odd minute walk to the concert area,

Just curious what time the Leopardstown gigs end and about how long it'd take to get back into town afterwards?

We got the luas to sandyford and there was a free shuttle bus which dropped us right to the door. Have to say it was one of the best organised events ive been to. Cracking gig as well. Ended at about half10 I think. We stayed at the bar for an hour then got a taxi to our local. No hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Great gig last night great day out altogether really! Surprised me taught it be good but ended up being great! For less then 15 euro bargain.

An alternative, if you are looking to have a drink before having to drink Becks in the arena, is the luas to Sandyford and walk to the Lep Inn on Brewery Road. I'd usually do that before Leopardstown gigs.

There are also a couple of pubs near the Beacon, but it's a further ten minute walk away. If I'm not mistaken, Foxrock doesn't have any pubs!

If you miss the shuttle bus, it's still only a ten minute walk to the entrance, and maybe another ten to the point where they check your tickets. Someone has said that the stop after Sandyford is actually closer to the racecourse, but if it is, I don't know how to get from the stop to the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

An alternative, if you are looking to have a drink before having to drink Becks in the arena, is the luas to Sandyford and walk to the Lep Inn on Brewery Road. I'd usually do that before Leopardstown gigs.

There are also a couple of pubs near the Beacon, but it's a further ten minute walk away. If I'm not mistaken, Foxrock doesn't have any pubs!

If you miss the shuttle bus, it's still only a ten minute walk to the entrance, and maybe another ten to the point where they check your tickets. Someone has said that the stop after Sandyford is actually closer to the racecourse, but if it is, I don't know how to get from the stop to the arena.
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    We got the luas to sandyford and there was a free shuttle bus which dropped us right to the door. Have to say it was one of the best organised events ive been to. Cracking gig as well. Ended at about half10 I think. We stayed at the bar for an hour then got a taxi to our local. No hassle at all.

thanks for the details, it sounds like it wouldn't take as long to get in or out as it can sometimes at Marlay Park!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Really looking forward to The Charlatans tonight. Seen them twice before, both excellent shows. Hopefully the weather plays ball.

First time seeing them. I'm really looking forward to it.

It can't be as wet as the Happy Mondays last year... can it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

mate of mine was at the happy mondays last year and was saying it was mostly a race crowd and not many were into the music at all. Hopefully its better tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Forecast looks grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Forecast looks grand.

Was a bit chilly but otherwise perfec. Really enjoyed the gig too. The charlatans never let you down, with such an amazing back catalogue how could they I suppose!

Advertisement