Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a good Chinese

Options
  • 14-04-2014 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Went for a chinese meal in Royal Park last weekend. Two hours later we were still waiting for main courses to arrive despite being told several times it "is coming soon". Eventually we asked for the bill as we were fed up waiting while watching people constantly leaving with takeaways. (To add insult to injury we got a ridiculous bill for the small starters that we did have) The place has gone seriously downhill from when we last ate there about 3 years ago. Can anyone recommend a good chinese restaurant (either takeaway or sit down) where it doesn't take ages to be served?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Does it def have to be chinese?

Personally i think the chinese places in Greystones are sub standard.. :o

Indian / thai are far better...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bennys in Little Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

i've been to the Royal Park recently and over the years and had nothing but good service...
    Did you explain your gripe to them?... Im sure it was just a once off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Dunno about sitting down to eat in the Royal park, but personally I wouldnt be a fan of their take away... the use the *crappy* chicken processed from a bag for the chicken dishes Ive had there - not real chicken breast - thats my experience anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

They really should review their pricing, the mains are too expensive for what you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

It's not too local, but we've recently had takeaways from New Palace (it's takeaways only there) in Newtownmountkennedy, which were pretty good, especially the curries and sprint rolls. Not sure how pricing compares, though.

Advertisement