Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part work magazines

Options
  • 14-04-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I remember years ago when i used to get "Ready Steady Cook magazine that there was a newsagent in Dun laoghaire that had always had back issues of lots of part works. It was chaos with magazines everywhere. I can't imagine that in this current economic climate a shop like that could survive. Now I'm collecting the "something sweet" magazine and I'm missing two issues. does anyone know whether the shop still exists? and if so do they still keep all the back issues like they used to? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Wouldn't know about Dun Laoghaire but I know that Chapters in Dublin used to have tons and tons of old National Geographic mags and others too, maybe give them a shout and they could have some.

Other than that, try ebay and make sure and click the 'search worldwide' option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 silly old bear

Thanks but this is a very current series so I'm not sure it would have made it to chapters yet. i can try though. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Thanks but this is a very current series so I'm not sure it would have made it to chapters yet. i can try though. Thanks for your help

It's still there, its called the corner shop - I was only looking at it on Sunday - they have a great idea - the guarantee to keep all Dailys for a week and all sun days for two weeks (If I missed the ST on Sunday - i could drop in there tomorrow and pick it up). Give them a bell and see if they have what your'e looking for.

Fine selection of regionals too.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 5 silly old bear

Thank you. thats the place i was thinking of.
    i looked it up and found a photo on yelp. Its just as i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭doublej

Which issues are you missing and where do you live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

IRE60 wrote: »
    It's still there, its called the corner shop - I was only looking at it on Sunday - they have a great idea - the guarantee to keep all Dailys for a week and all sun days for two weeks (If I missed the ST on Sunday - i could drop in there tomorrow and pick it up). Give them a bell and see if they have what your'e looking for.

Fine selection of regionals too.

C

I reckon they say that because they're too bloomin' disorganised to sort out the old titles. Messiest shop in Dublin!

Advertisement