Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigrating to Canada

Options
  • 14-04-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in a fairly good position regarding moving to Canada. I've in the process of going through the second round of the IEC working holiday visa.
    I'm already been offered a good job in my area of employment and they wand me to move over as soon as possible and my girlfriend who I have been with for the past two years is Canadian (we fly back and forth).

Can somebody who is working in the IT sector in Canada and has emigrated previously possibly answer the following questions :

1) Can you recommend a company for moving your household items over to Canada. I'm thinking of slow shipping.
    2) With respect to SST and retirement pension contributions - my understanding is that in full time employment I would be eligible to pay a contribution to a retirement savings programme while on the IEC program ?

My partner and I need to have co-habitated without a 3 week break for a year before I am eligible for permanent residency as her partner. We're hoping that the WFH can be used for this purposes but effectively I'm moving with the intention of setting up a life with her so want to move as much of my stuff over as soon as possible.

Any advice/tips from people who have found themselves in the same boat and turned an IEC/WHV into a permanent residency ?

Thanks,

r1_2010

Advertisement