Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unknown charge

Options
  • 14-04-2014 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi now that accounts are back to normal might there be unnecessary charge amount that may have occured during the system fault from friday cause i just checked my account there is money missing in it? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi crookes1 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Due to essential maintenance to our Lodgement ATM devices on Friday there was a delay in crediting some lodgements to accounts.

As a result, there may be a small number of cases where items have been unpaid due to timing differences. If this occurs the Bank will refund fees if applicable and will ensure the account is rectified as quickly as possible.

If you have been impacted by any charges as a result of this, please let us know.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 24 crookes1

okay i might have been charged among that fault i know its a very small amount but i checked the account today before i paid a late bill there is a charge amount of 9 euro but i had more than that before this charge appeared will i be getting this back?

i haven't got a response to my message yet has anyone's accounts been given money back that was caught up in the system fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi crookes1,

Apologies for the delay. If you check your transactions under the Recent Transactions tab online, this will display the narrative on any debits or credits. If you have had an unpaid or overlimit fee applied to your account, which you feel is on foot of the Lodgement ATM maintenance, please contact your branch and a representative will be more than happy to review this for you.

Thanks
    Tara

thanks il be in contact during the week about this to see if i have an unpaid fee or i've been over charged for no reason 

• Advertisement

crookes1 wrote: »
    thanks il be in contact during the week about this to see if i have an unpaid fee or i've been over charged for no reason 
    hi i made a transaction last night at tesco and i checked on my account today found out i was charged twice for the same thing what is going on there sort this out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

hi i made a transaction last night at tesco and i checked on my account today found out i was charged twice for the same thing what is going on there sort this out??
    Hi crookes1,

Thanks for your post.

This sounds like it may be shadow posting. This can occur if a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale after we have authorised it. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account. This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time.

You should see one of the transactions fully update on your account. The second one will not update and will keep moving to the next working day until it is eventually removed. If the two transactions fully update you need to contact the retailer for a refund.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement