Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOM-DoC 13; Unlucky for some. May 3rd- IJ/UMvC3/MK9-Nidhogg

Options
  • 14-04-2014 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Day Of Champions 13
    3rd of May
    IJ and UMvC3 as main tournaments, MK9 as a side tournament, and Nidhogg as the Nom-Con Special.
    PS3 for IJ, MK9, and Xbox for UMvC3.
    Doors open normal hours for XGC, Starting roughly 1-1.30pm ending roughly 7-7.30pm
    Map to venue: http://goo.gl/maps/jS36C
    5 euro entry fee, 5 into 1 tournament (except MK9). While Nidhogg WILL have a tournament fee, it will not have a prize pot. MK9 will NOT have an entry cost, but will not have a prize pot either.
    The entry fee exists to cover costs towards the XGC.
    Running order will be IJ and UMvC simultaneously, with MK9 run after IJ. We will be running Nidhogg after both main tournaments have concluded. We will attempt to have top 4 for all games recorded, but all other recordings are not guaranteed. Sorry about this, but there's just not enough time in the day.

We will most likely not include pools for these games, given the slightly lengthier nature of the rounds involved.

MK9 seeding will be random, as will Nidhogg.

Since this is being done in conjunction with Nom Con, prizes for the “Special” tournament itself, and the series of “Special” tournaments run with them, will be dictated by Nom Con. These prizes may include, and are not limited to; mystery games, passes into the convention itself, and larger items.

Over the following months, we will be running a tournament on the first weekend of every month up to August. If you have a game that you believe could use a tournament, please feel free to PM me with recommendations. We will do our best to not have any repeat games crop up for the duration.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. UMvC3 will be played best 3 of 5 games. Any game with with a different rule sets will be played according to its tournament standard type.
    Nidhogg will be BoF1 until its semi-finals (this may be subject to change depending on time constraints.)
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs, or larger con tournaments, will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly/"best-fit" seeded.
    In the case of pools, there will be an attempt at splitting up seeds evenly, and filling in the remainder of the pool evenly as well.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. Participation in the event is taken as giving permission that you accept that you may be recorded as part of the tournaments. Should you wish to participate and not be recorded, you will need to make this known to a tournament admin at sign up.

11. No white track suits please.

As a side note; because of the smaller nature of the tournaments being run, we have no objection to casuals (including melee) being played along side these tournaments, but we ask that players be understanding that tournament matches have priority, and Voa will flip his lid if games are not played in a timely manner.

For those attending for MK9, I would appreciate a console being brought on the day, as we have no consoles at the XGC with DLC or characters.
    If you wish to have my phone number for the day itself, please PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Can't make this weekend, looking forward to the Nidhoggs vids though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Told myself I'd definitely make the next one after missing the last one but I hate all the main games soooooo.... next time. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Showing for Marvel.

AND NIDHOOOOOOOGGGGGG.

Because one of those games are going to be available at Evo, and I gotta get you guys to break any bad habits with that game asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

lar,luke,coffee and ian all up for it from talkin to them.will message the other inj guys who keep tellin me they'll next one aswell :/

will send info to mk guys who dont play injustice also. RAZER U ASKED FOR THIS SO DONT MISS IT!!!!

also seems theres a yearly tourny is blanch that noone in ifgc seemed to know about. inj/mk got 30 entrants so im going to emal guy who ran it when get chance

also voa dont worry bout consoles, we got ya sorted

• Advertisement

Letters, could you give Razer a message from me?

He promised me Von Rojas is I got him an MK tournament!

That is all :)

what the fudge is von rojas? google image search has not come to my aid this time.

already messaged him but ill send another to remind him of that :)

what the fudge is von rojas? google image search has not come to my aid this time.

I'll tell you in person, it's complicated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

Will Injustice be 3/5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

TurboTaco wrote: »
    Will Injustice be 3/5?

3/5 on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Would like to show for this, but exam season is mad hype yo, will see what i can do

Nutrient wrote: »
    3/5 on PS3

Awesome, I'll have to get an adapter though because I play on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Unless we can field more than 3 consoles, I don't feel comfortable running IJ 3/5. If we can get more of the systems in the XGC patched to the point of usability, I'd be glad to.
    Keep in mind if you need DLC characters, those are limited by accounts as well on PS3. I think the use of them is pretty prevalent too, so worries are on that as well.

I know this seems harsh, but time constraints are a concern for me at this time and we do need to finish by 7.

Voa wrote: »
    Unless we can field more than 3 consoles, I don't feel comfortable running IJ 3/5. If we can get more of the systems in the XGC patched to the point of usability, I'd be glad to.
    Keep in mind if you need DLC characters, those are limited by accounts as well on PS3. I think the use of them is pretty prevalent too, so worries are on that as well.

I know this seems harsh, but time constraints are a concern for me at this time and we do need to finish by 7.

So what you're saying is, people bring patched consoles, you'll get 3/5 :)

Voa wrote: »

im bringing my console, luke said he'll bring his and there two xgc consoles with it so should be no problem.
    not harsh at all, you running the show so we''ll do the best we can to make it as easy for u as possible. :)

with 4 we'd well finish the whole tourny prob before marvel even finished so hopefully just cause we'll have good few consoles there that most of it wont get played off stream :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

Here's a link to the facebook event if anyone wants to RSVP there, just so we get a good idea of numbers:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/866945236654795/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_user_joined

PEACE!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

i think ill give mk a shot
    I'll probably lose but who cares

SuperChar wrote: »
    i think ill give mk a shot
    I'll probably lose but who cares

pick kano,
    all you need is knife and upball.
    down forward triangle, down back triangle.
    and all your meter is used for xray which is a grab that does near half life

Hells bells, this weekend!

GET DAT SWORD IN THERE.

• Advertisement

My usual pre tournament call to people to bring games if you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I didn't see this thread until now. Kombat? Where did that come from? I'd love to show up and break out the old Edenian princess, but it's too short notice for me now. My own fault though for not seeing it in the thread title earlier. I hope it goes well, and there's plenty of blood and guts for the people.

deathrider wrote: »
    I didn't see this thread until now. Kombat? Where did that come from? I'd love to show up and break out the old Edenian princess, but it's too short notice for me now. My own fault though for not seeing it in the thread title earlier. I hope it goes well, and there's plenty of blood and guts for the people.

did u not get a message on your psn bout this while ago? would of come from my spookykid one rather than the other. was wondering why i havnt heard back from ya bout it.

did u not get a message on your psn bout this while ago? would of come from my spookykid one rather than the other. was wondering why i havnt heard back from ya bout it.

I never got that message, bro. Pity though, I would have loved to hit that gig!

Swoooooooooooooooords. IJ and MK!

Also, Marvel, I guess.

I'm not gonna be able to make it, my exams start on Tuesday and I have too much work to do. Sorry guys.

What's the results, lads? I'm interested to hear how MK went.

deathrider wrote: »
    What's the results, lads? I'm interested to hear how MK went.

mk was
    1m3l(cyrax)
    lar(radien)
    nutrient(cyrax)

inj was
    1m3l(scorpion)
    lar(mmh)
    irish mantis(zod)

i THINK lee won marvel
    im unsure on nidhogg???
    was to much hype in that game to remember who won lol

thanks to voa & team as always :)

mk was
    1m3l(cyrax)
    lar(radien)
    nutrient(cyrax)

inj was
    1m3l(scorpion)
    lar(mmh)
    irish mantis(zod)

i THINK lee won marvel
    im unsure on nidhogg???
    was to much hype in that game to remember who won lol

thanks to voa & team as always :)

A deadly. Fair play. Still sick that I couldn't make it.

• Advertisement

Sorry I didn't get these up last night, but:

MvC3
    1st; Lythero
    2nd; Voa
    3rd; Nutrient

IJ
    1st; 1Man3Letters
    2nd; Lar
    3rd; MantisCrash

MK9