Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bringing the Queen Bee for a spin....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

let me know if you help reaching the biscuits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Pfft, I am the Queen Bee. :D

I wouldn't carry a pillion, doesn't matter who they are. I much prefer going out with people who have their own bikes and then going on spins, it's way more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Poll is quite close all the same, everyday/week spins no way the other half is tagging along. She has not even sat on my new bike yet, but if I got the ankle biters minded for a week or two I would head off to Europe with her on the back and see the sights etc no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

just call social services the will take them for the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

My new lady is mad for me to take her out for a spin. She rode scooters quite a bit when she lived abroad and she's thinking about getting a Vespa or similar. I have to ring around to get some gear together for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

cantdecide wrote: »
    My new lady is mad for me to take her out for a spin. She rode scooters quite a bit when she lived abroad and she's thinking about getting a Vespa or similar. I have to ring around to get some gear together for her.
    I used to know a guy with a gsxr who bought his wife a vespa, alls I know now is he doesn't have a gsxr anymore and has been seen riding a white vespa around followed by a pink one......

Dont do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

My missus rides a hornet so its grand she's never on the back of mine lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Even though my missus has a nice Gixer I've mysteriously looking at comfy seats and sissy bars for the past two weeks !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have also wondered if its the type of bike you currently own that stops you bringing out the OH....bringing pillions on super sports bikes is not ideal. And would/could put off both the rider and certainly the pillion. If that same couple had the use of a Pan European for the weekend they would prolly love it (the spins not necessarily the bike per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have also wondered if its the type of bike you currently own that stops you bringing out the OH....bringing pillions on super sports bikes is not ideal. And would/could put off both the rider and certainly the pillion. If that same couple had the use of a Pan European for the weekend they would prolly love it (the spins not necessarily the bike per se.

I only ever had the misses on the 600rr twice and covered only maybe 30 miles. I have the vfr1200 about 3 weeks and she has been on it probably 5 times and covered about 300/400 miles.

So I would say your spot on the money with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

As an anniversary/Bday present told the mrs. I booked her in for flight lessons (she's mad in to it!) and that we were going to go to it on the bird rather than her car. She was a bit apprehensive as its been over a year since she was on the back of a bike, and at the time it was the Fazer 600. Also my first pillion on the Bird.

I put the top box on so she could lean back and have some comfort. Took it nice and handy going to the airport so she could get settled in.
    Got to the airport but she wasn't getting a flying lesson, I booked her in for a tandem skydive from 10K :D. She thought it was the best thing ever, were going for another jump towards the end of the summer.

After the jump, back on the bird and off the back roads for some twisty fun! Let's just say I got my chicken strips even further down and she loved every second of it. It's all about being extremely smooth to make it enjoyable for both, got a great kick out her leaning in to corners with me in sync. I'm actually looking forward to brining her out again :D

The only thing that annoyed her was that she was sliding back and fort on the seat due to the textiles she was wearing and the seat fabric, definitely going to get some of that non-slip seat

Anyone else took the plunge and brought their OH for a spin recently?

The only picture I have from the day, we were too busy having fun to be stopping for pictures!
    14204948111_3397cc1102_c.jpg

Advertisement