Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepa issue - customer service a joke

Options
  • 14-04-2014 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Ok so rang on saturday to clarify the issue with my direct debit payments

Was told by one rep that the january bill was sepa issue, but the the failure for the other direct debits was my fault and i should get onto the bank

Rang the bank was told that eircom had tried to get the payment but because they hadnt issued a mandate that the bank didnt pay out

Back onto customer service, was told no that the direct debit issue was an eircom fault that they would refund the fees, was told she would transfer me to sepa "squad"

Transferred, was hung up on - rang back oh they dont work on saturday ring back on monday press 1 and 2 and you will be straight through

Ring monday spend 3 ten  minutes calls waiting on 1901 with no answer

ONto twitter told to ring a 1800 number - which said your call would be answered within 5 minutes - 15 minutes later still no answer

Getting sick of having to ring up waiting listening to music due to an issue that is of no fault of the customers

Its terrible service and obviously not enough manpower has being directed to deal with the issue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

skydish79 wrote: »

Was told by one rep that the january bill was sepa issue, but the the failure for the other direct debits was my fault and i should get onto the bank

Rang the bank was told that eircom had tried to get the payment but because they hadnt issued a mandate that the bank didnt pay out

Back onto customer service, was told no that the direct debit issue was an eircom fault that they would refund the fees, was told she would transfer me to sepa "squad"

Transferred, was hung up on - rang back oh they dont work on saturday ring back on monday press 1 and 2 and you will be straight through

ONto twitter told to ring a 1800 number - which said your call would be answered within 5 minutes - 15 minutes later still no answer

Getting sick of having to ring up waiting listening to music due to an issue that is of no fault of the customers

Its terrible service and obviously not enough manpower has being directed to deal with the issue

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi skydish79

I believe I may have been speaking to you over twitter, I had advised that a specific helpline has been assigned to SEPA issues which can be contacted on free phone 1800 303 432. You had advised me that you had been on hold 15 minutes and could not wait any longer - I understand this is a long time to wait however the there can be a large volume of calls from time to time.

I can understand your feelings with this and I will of course provide your feedback to operations.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hi skydish79

I believe I may have been speaking to you over twitter, I had advised that a specific helpline has been assigned to SEPA issues which can be contacted on free phone 1800 303 432. You had advised me that you had been on hold 15 minutes and could not wait any longer - I understand this is a long time to wait however the there can be a large volume of calls from time to time.

I can understand your feelings with this and I will of course provide your feedback to operations.

Thanks
    Al
    Thats just a cop put " time to time" . It was bloody most of the day yesterday and it loks like the same today

There must be a "large" volume of calls all day because I rang yesterday evening every hour only to be told you would be waiting over 10 minutes

I have better things to be doing than waiting for an operator who may or may not answer the call in 10 minutes

Also getting the same lame excuse message this morning - 10 minutes etc

There clearly after enough operators to deal with the issues

Why dont you give option and let customers leave contact details for eircom to contact them

It is after all YOUR issue

Hi skydish79

Thanks
    Al
    Thats just a cop put " time to time" . It was bloody most of the day yesterday and it loks like the same today

There must be a "large" volume of calls all day because I rang yesterday evening every hour only to be told you would be waiting over 10 minutes

I have better things to be doing than waiting for an operator who may or may not answer the call in 10 minutes

Why dont you give option and let customers leave contact details for eircom to contact them

Hi skydish79

I appreciate your views on this and I will provide your feedback to operations.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hi skydish79

Thanks
    Al

Hi skydish79

Thanks
    Al
    have lodged a case with comreg and sent an email to complaints in eircom, something you never advised me of

Hi skydish79

Thanks
    Al

Hi skydish79

Thanks
    Al
    have lodged a case with comreg and sent an email to complaints in eircom, something you never advised me of
    No worries skydish79

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

I'm hand delivering my letter of complaint to Eircom head office tomorrow morning, on this very issue of their errors in handling direct debits. I checked the comreg website. It said use your suppliers code of practice for complaints, which is probably on their website. I couldn't find any such code of practice on Eircom's website, just a broken link.

Their email form just allows something like 400 words or characters. I find I've a little more to say on the topic than that.

I'd be glad if you could provide a link to where this code can be found, or confirm if it doesn't actually exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I'm hand delivering my letter of complaint to Eircom head office tomorrow morning, on this very issue of their errors in handling direct debits. I checked the comreg website. It said use your suppliers code of practice for complaints, which is probably on their website. I couldn't find any such code of practice on Eircom's website, just a broken link.

Their email form just allows something like 400 words or characters. I find I've a little more to say on the topic than that.

I'd be glad if you could provide a link to where this code can be found, or confirm if it doesn't actually exist.
    Hi GCU
    Sorry that you found a broken link on our website. This link is to our Terms and Conditions and covers
    our business practice. I hope this offers the information you are seeking.
    Though the online form is restricted to 400 characters, this does allow for a full outline of most cases, however we would follow up on this online complaint and offer the opportunity to expand on any issue.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

Hi GCU
    Sorry that you found a broken link on our website. This link is to our Terms and Conditions and covers
    our business practice. I hope this offers the information you are seeking.
    Though the online form is restricted to 400 characters, this does allow for a full outline of most cases, however we would follow up on this online complaint and offer the opportunity to expand on any issue.
    Tony
    Hi Tony

Thanking you for replying. Note that the page you're linking to has one of those "session ID" things in it, so it also brings back an error page when I click on it. However, I think I've already seen that page and, unfortunately, doesn't lead me to the information I'm seeking.

I'll explain the issue. If I take the T & Cs relating to bundles:

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/Pt4.1.9.pdf

I find a document that includes this statement:
    eircom will try to resolve any dispute with the Customer as quickly as possible. All complaints received by letter, fax or e-mail will be acknowledged within two working days of receipt. The Customer will be provided with a unique reference number and advised ofthe expected investigation and resolution timelines. Details of our complaint handling procedures and how tolog a complaint are set out in eircom’s Customer Care Code of Practice forComplaint Handling, which can be viewed by visiting www.eircom.net/codeofpractice
    When I trying to view www.eircom.net/codeofpractice (or www.eircom.net/codeofpractice/), I get an error page. What I'm looking for is the Customer Care Code of Practice for Complaint Handling.

Incidently, Comreg say
    ComReg has established frameworks on a Code of Conduct for the handling of consumer complaints by telecommunications operators. Each operator's code sets out the procedure for making a complaint and the level of service that you as a customer can expect. Operators should provide a copy of their code of conduct to any customer who requests a copy. Most operators have a copy available on their website.

- See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints%5fand%5fqueries.51.LE.asp#L311
    What I've done is hand delivered my letter of complaint to Eircom head office on John's Road. I've filled in the online form, simply stating that I've left the letter in. (I have a feeling the chances of those two contacts connecting is low, but maybe I'll be surprised). Finally, I've emailed my letter to ccm@eircom.ie, which is an address I found on one of the threads here.

Advertisement