Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet access in Maynooth

Options
  • 14-04-2014 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Dear all,

I live in Maynooth in the house where there is no internet. I would like to know the places where I can sit with my laptop and have fast internet connection with a possibility of downloading big volumes of data such as film or make an update of my linux system for example (can take up to 1Gb). I know I can use such connection in the temporary accommodation, but I have to pay and stay in the hotel for that reason.

Maybe some internet club? Or maybe close to University facilities? Once I was in a library and internet there is useless - limited number of websites can be visited and speed is making me asleep instantly.

Thank you for any recommendation,
    Si

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you are a student/staff in the university then it would probably be the best place or at work if you are not.
    Mc Donalds has internet access and there are loads of Eircom hotspots that you could possibly tether from around the town.
    No idea of anywhere that would be good for downloading isos though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

simoon86 wrote: »
    Dear all,

I live in Maynooth in the house where there is no internet. I would like to know the places where I can sit with my laptop and have fast internet connection with a possibility of downloading big volumes of data such as film or make an update of my linux system for example (can take up to 1Gb). I know I can use such connection in the temporary accommodation, but I have to pay and stay in the hotel for that reason.

Maybe some internet club? Or maybe close to University facilities? Once I was in a library and internet there is useless - limited number of websites can be visited and speed is making me asleep instantly.

Thank you for any recommendation,
    Si

Can't imagine there are any free options - but it's worth asking!

Advertisement