Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fergus Bourkes work on display.

Options
  • 14-04-2014 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I was recently in Matt Molloys pub in Westport and came across 2 pictures of Fergus Bourke. One was Fierce Fighting in Gurteen and the other was killorglin, Co. Kerry. Upon seeing them, it made me think, where else in the country is his work?
    I know of 3 other places around the country where there is some on display. Kennys bookshop in Galway, where there is a number of portraits. A chipper across the rd from the main abbey theatre entrance, where there is more portraits. And finally there are some small prints, not original but still some prints of old abbey footage in a hotel called the Clifton Court Hotel, around the corner from the Abbey.
    Has anyone else spotted any more of his work around the country?

Thanks,
    Dan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the gallery of photography had a big exhibition of his a few years ago -

as a side note, anyone who knows me , know I'm not a great fan of landscape photography - anyway, one night I was in this friends house , who has a pretty decent art collection , and this landscape image which I thought was a painting really caught my eye , I asked my mate who was the artist - and it was none other than a Fergus Bourke landscape photograph - great great photographer.

Advertisement