Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

From one iPod to another...

• 28-11-2004 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me. I've just upgraded to a 60GB iPod photo, and I'm just trying to figure out how to transfer all my music from my old 20GB iPod over, within iTunes? Is this possible? Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

www.ipodlounge.com has some good tips on transferring music round the place.
    Have a look-see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Surely all your music is on the pc anyway?

If not, enable the pod as a portable HD, go into it. view hidden folder. There should be about 80 more folders where all the music is stored, its all stored randomly though.

Click and drag onto your pc, then pop in your 60gb and load her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭johntf008

Thanks guys, er, all the music is on the computer, but a lot of it is in wma format, so it's a bitch to convert it all again - can I ask you how to enable the 60gb as a hard drive? Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

iTunes.

Select the iPod, in the bottom right corner theres a button for iPod options. Its in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When I got my iPod, I just let iTunes convert all the .wma files overnight. I started the process before I left for the evening. Took about two evenings though.

• Advertisement

Ah thanks guys, I just got Anapod from Red Chair, that should do the trick. I can't believe I bought an iPod, I promised myself I'd go back to Creative or onto iRiver after the last one. Ah well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

another reason Ipods are ****.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

don't enable the 60GB as a hard drive, apparently it screws it up, and you've to reset the whole thing. Only move music through Itunes, not windows or mac os

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Download ephod
    It will allow you to transfer all your songs to your pc, then change the ipod to
    the new one and transfer them all back again
    Simple as that really

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me. I've just upgraded to a 60GB iPod photo, and I'm just trying to figure out how to transfer all my music from my old 20GB iPod over, within iTunes? Is this possible? Cheers!

iPodRip is a great bit of software for this. It can be found here http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/application.php?app=iPodRip ;)

• Advertisement

atlantean wrote:
    iPodRip is a great bit of software for this. It can be found here http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/application.php?app=iPodRip ;)

Thanks a lot, but that Ephpod program has finally done the trick!

Advertisement