Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenroyal classes

Options
  • 14-04-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

What are the classes like? I can see the timetable, but what are the actual classes themselves like? Are the instructors the same each week or do they change? Which ones are 'the best'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

What are the classes like? I can see the timetable, but what are the actual classes themselves like? Are the instructors the same each week or do they change? Which ones are 'the best'?

Really good for the most part. I've done several of them and my preferred ones are Barbell Blast and Boot Camp so I think they are the best. Yogalates is also really good.

It really depends on what you're in to so I'd advise you to try out a few. There's a begin to spin class which is good for beginners to give you a taste of what you're getting yourself in to.

Instructors change from week to week and some are better than others but when you get to know who is who you can ask who is taking the class when you book so you can choose to go or not. The same people tend to go to the same classes so you'll build up a relationship with them and there'll be people of all different fitness levels so don't worry about not being able to keep up.

I'd definitely recommend them but make sure you book as soon as the slots open (2 days before the class) as some classes are extremely popular and will fill up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thank you. What's involved in the boot camp.is it like circuit training? Any knowledge on the aqua aerobics or zumba in the water?

Its a little disappointing that the instructors change as some are better than others at different classes.

Yeah, it's pretty much like circuit training. The exercises depend on the instructor. Lots of bodyweight squats, lunges, burpees, push-ups etc.

Sorry, no knowledge of any of the water based classes or any of the step or aerobics (I'm hideously uncoordinated!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thanks for your replies. Very helpful. Might just have to bite the bullet & sign myself up for a few classes!

Go for it and enjoy! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement