Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Good And Evil 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I snarked before that it looked like a generic Ubisoft Sandbox Game and still hold to that dismissal; some evocative art-style but it just looks like another polished AAA game stuffed with repetitive busywork masquerading as gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The radical change in tone from the previous game along with looking so much like the usual Ubisoft open world format is not helping. It would be like Nintendo making the next Mario game a gritty Dark Soul's clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I dunno, I liked what I saw in the most recent gameplay trailer. I'm not judging it yet, want to play it myself before I decide if it's a generic open world Ubi title. They did a fantastic job with Odyssey, so i'm gonna give them wide berth on this. I'm interested, just not launch interested yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I remember vehicle sections being one of the more tedious parts of the first game.
    This kinda reminds me of Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts where you have been waiting a long time for something but when it arrives it's not what you were imagining when they throw in vehicles that nobody asked for.
    Honestly this looks like a game they just tacked the BG&E name to after development started.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It doesn't look bad or anything, it just looks spectacularly ... there. Mundane, and given the climate of AAA gaming, incredibly boilerplate. BG&E felt more akin to a 3D Zelda game than anything and a curated, action-story-focused experience would have been more enticing than yet another sandbox game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement