Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaks during a bottle feed

Options
  • 14-04-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

My 3 month old has been a very hungry boy since birth. The only time he cries/whinges is when he is hungry and if you take him off the bottle to wind him. He takes 7 ozs bottles 5 times per day.
    In the last day or 2, he cries/whinges for his bottle and will wolf the first couple of ozs but then when you take him off the bottle to wind him, he'll refuse the bottle and and just wants to play for a while. Then once he gets bored of playing, he'll look for the rest of the bottle. He is a happy wee man and doesn't seem distressed or unwell when refusing the feed and he doesn't do this on his night feed just during the day. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice/reassurance? Thanks x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My 3 month old has been a very hungry boy since birth. The only time he cries/whinges is when he is hungry and if you take him off the bottle to wind him. He takes 7 ozs bottles 5 times per day.
    In the last day or 2, he cries/whinges for his bottle and will wolf the first couple of ozs but then when you take him off the bottle to wind him, he'll refuse the bottle and and just wants to play for a while. Then once he gets bored of playing, he'll look for the rest of the bottle. He is a happy wee man and doesn't seem distressed or unwell when refusing the feed and he doesn't do this on his night feed just during the day. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice/reassurance? Thanks x

Yep, my lo does exactly this! Once they start noticing things around them more, they become nosey and want to explore! The bottles last outside the fridge for 1-2 hours (I've read different things) so it's perfectly ok to let him do that :)

Advertisement