Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBT Training Cork

• 14-04-2014 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I bought a Yamaha Virago 250 a while ago, but have it stored for the winter. With the great weather about my mind has turned to getting it on the road.

Any recommendations for IBT training in Cork?

I phoned a few but the prices seem very high. are they all the same?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

What do you consider to be expensive? Do it shared with someone and it will be cheaper. If you are 24 view it as a one time expense and do it with someone else to keep costs down. If you are in any way proficient you'll get a grade 4 insurance assessment which will pay for your IBT out of your insurance within 2 years or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GreenGrey

Ah I never new about the grading thing. I'm not too bad and know the basics of bike riding.

So hopefully will save on insurance.

Anyway really want to get it done for the summer

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Go with bikecraft.ie .. Best value guys, great training and I was just short of a grade 2 assessment which gave me a 25% insurance discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

I never had to do IBT but I did a few pre test lesson with Declan O Donovan from two wheel training. Couldn't recommend him enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

AD! wrote: »
    I never had to do IBT but I did a few pre test lesson with Declan O Donovan from two wheel training. Couldn't recommend him enough

From all accounts I've heard, he is THE guy to go to in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GreenGrey

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I got in just before IBT was mandatory but had to get a grade 2 so I could insure my bike of choice. At the time I used Bikecraft and was very pleased with them- they work you for sure! However, they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth tbh. Everyone I know that has had training since has been with Declan O'Donovan and everyone is unanimous in singing his praises.

Advertisement