Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plex - Various Artists/ id3 tag issue

• 15-04-2014 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I just recently installed Plex on my Ouya and its working well so far streaming music from my laptop (I have the plex server running on my laptop)

One problem I have however is that alot of my music is getting cataloged into the 'Various Artists' folder. But I cannot understand why this is. When I look at the individual id3 tags of the mp3s, they have a single artist and song name. So why does Plex sort them into the 'Various Artist' folder?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Hi
    I just recently installed Plex on my Ouya and its working well so far streaming music from my laptop (I have the plex server running on my laptop)

One problem I have however is that alot of my music is getting cataloged into the 'Various Artists' folder. But I cannot understand why this is. When I look at the individual id3 tags of the mp3s, they have a single artist and song name. So why does Plex sort them into the 'Various Artist' folder?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Is the albumartist tagged as various artists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Is the albumartist tagged as various artists

Do you mean on the id3 tag or?
    If I open up the id3 tag in Winamp, I have the the TITLE and ARTIST fields populated. The album is blank.

If I open up the file within Plex, it has the same 2 fields populated. There is no Album field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Do you mean on the id3 tag or?
    If I open up the id3 tag in Winamp, I have the the TITLE and ARTIST fields populated. The album is blank.

If I open up the file within Plex, it has the same 2 fields populated. There is no Album field.

Yes, there should be many fields including artist, albumartist, album etc. Without albumartist they could be classed as various. What tagged the songs? Sounds like you need to tag them better

Advertisement