Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook/Twitter buttons in threads?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else seeing Share buttons appearing for Facebook and Twitter in threads today next to the Follow Thread option?

Assuming it's not just me, can this be turned off somewhere? Not everyone feels the need to live or post details of every minute of their lives online.

Cheers!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing Share buttons appearing for Facebook and Twitter in threads today next to the Follow Thread option?

Assuming it's not just me, can this be turned off somewhere? Not everyone feels the need to live or post details of every minute of their lives online.

Cheers!

father-dougal-presses-the-button.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cheers!

Just don't press the button...?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Just don't press the button...?

Well yea.. and maybe in a few days I won't notice them at all, but the idea behind it kinda annoys me as well to be honest.. another step in the wrong direction for this site IMO

EDIT: Work-around found.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

another step in the wrong direction for this site IMO
    Popular discussion forum offers optional integration with popular social media - what folly is this?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

They've been there for weeks... They're on a part of the screen that was previously blank, so they're not over-writing anything. There is no reason to click on it if you don't want to, so why is it an issue?

I'm genuinely curious as to why you feel it's a "step in the wrong direction."

Advertisement