Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bulgarian Split Squats

• 15-04-2014 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just looking for some feedback...

What are ye're thoughts on Bulgarian Split Squats as a leg exercise?

Doing it free weight would be good for stability and hips core etc?

Doing it on a smith machine: Firstly would it be a good one to do on smith machine, and does in target hams more than quads or the other way around?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Bulgarian split squats are the devil! But a great exercise. Really hammers your glutes and quads. Prepare for DOMS is all I gotta say.

You mean the inverted row machine ;). I wouldn't use a smith machine for anything involving loading weight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Just do another squat session for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Yeah just saw you're 1RM is below 100kg. Stick to regular squats and get your numbers up a bit before mixing in single leg work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Yeah just saw you're 1RM is below 100kg. Stick to regular squats and get your numbers up a bit before mixing in single leg work.

1rm is 100kg...down from 120kg:(

The bulgarian splits are something i'm looking at once i get my 1rm back to were i want it, just asking now

Advertisement