Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mallorca

• 15-04-2014 6:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Heading to Mallorca next month with my girlfriend for the first time so I'm just wondering as to what are the must see's and must does?

I'm aware of the clubbing aspect, but anything cultural would be great.

Also so hoping to shoot a round of golf too!

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Hi guys

Heading to Mallorca next month with my girlfriend for the first time so I'm just wondering as to what are the must see's and must does?

I'm aware of the clubbing aspect, but anything cultural would be great.

Also so hoping to shoot a round of golf too!

Cheers :)

Where are you staying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You staying north or south?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Staying in South Mallorca, Santa Ponsa, although I don't want to do all that clubby bollocks and an open to going elsewhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Staying in South Mallorca, Santa Ponsa, although I don't want to do all that clubby bollocks and an open to going elsewhere :)
    First off, it's a beautiful island. Been there many times. Normally stay in Palma nova. Beach to die for. Your beach, although good to a first timer, hasn't a patch on Palma nova or maguluf stretches.

To do:

Golf. 2 dozen courses to choose from. You get ehat you pay for. Push the boat out and hit Son Gual if you're carrying a wad. 100€ per round I reckon. Heaven on earth. 1/2 hr from your place.

Porto christo, East Coast. Visit the caves.
    Cap de formentor - northern most point. To die for scenery from waayyyy up.
    Festival village - binssalem. Centre of Island. Shopping outlet, bars, eating holes
    Palma- capital. Shopping, cathedral. Get the boat from your base to Palma. Bout 30€ for 2 adults. 50€ with 2 ankle biters.
    Hire a car for 3 days(cheap). And scour the land. Easily reach end to end in 1-1.5hrs.
    Inca - markets (not every day)
    Alcudia - beautiful. Beaches, again, to die for
    Porto pi- shopping centre on your side of Palma. ETA 25 mins on bus. Taxi will be about 30€ each way.
    Western water park - magalluf. YOU MUST DO THIS.
    Pirates show - magalluf. MUST DO THIS. If no kids, do the adult show.

Taxis are sound. You won't be ripped off. About a tenner to magalluf/Palma nova

You might have a welcome meet if you booked through ageny which will pass on booklets galore, all hotels will have the places to go info

You'll love it. It's a beautiful place and I'll miss it this year. Daughter doing leaving and costs when schools out is crazy. Would have taken them both out for a week if there were no exams on. Enjoy it:D

If you need any more info, fire away.

iPad typing annoying sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Soller an absolute must see also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

dodzy wrote: »
    First off, it's a beautiful island. Been there many times. Normally stay in Palma nova. Beach to die for. Your beach, although good to a first timer, hasn't a patch on Palma nova or maguluf stretches.

To do:

Golf. 2 dozen courses to choose from. You get ehat you pay for. Push the boat out and hit Son Gual if you're carrying a wad. 100€ per round I reckon. Heaven on earth. 1/2 hr from your place.

Porto christo, East Coast. Visit the caves.
    Cap de formentor - northern most point. To die for scenery from waayyyy up.
    Festival village - binssalem. Centre of Island. Shopping outlet, bars, eating holes
    Palma- capital. Shopping, cathedral. Get the boat from your base to Palma. Bout 30€ for 2 adults. 50€ with 2 ankle biters.
    Hire a car for 3 days(cheap). And scour the land. Easily reach end to end in 1-1.5hrs.
    Inca - markets (not every day)
    Alcudia - beautiful. Beaches, again, to die for
    Porto pi- shopping centre on your side of Palma. ETA 25 mins on bus. Taxi will be about 30€ each way.
    Western water park - magalluf. YOU MUST DO THIS.
    Pirates show - magalluf. MUST DO THIS. If no kids, do the adult show.

Taxis are sound. You won't be ripped off. About a tenner to magalluf/Palma nova

You might have a welcome meet if you booked through ageny which will pass on booklets galore, all hotels will have the places to go info

You'll love it. It's a beautiful place and I'll miss it this year. Daughter doing leaving and costs when schools out is crazy. Would have taken them both out for a week if there were no exams on. Enjoy it:D

If you need any more info, fire away.

iPad typing annoying sometimes.

Thank you so much. Will show this to my other half when I get home, and if she has any more question I'll ask :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Scenic train journeys from Palma to Soller and Soller to Puerto Soller on antique trains
    Rose window in Palma cathedral
    Walking and hiking on north west coast, stunning mountains and coastline

Advertisement