Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fasttech Kayfun and Nemisis clones incompatible?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Kayfun 3.1 and Nemesis clones just arrived from FT but they ain't fitting together, (kayfun appears to be 510, not sure what Nemesis is?) do I need some sort of adapter? Damn you FT!

2126dug.jpg

2jcvx9j.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Looks like the collar from your nemesis is missing.

Can you physically screw the Kayfun on?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Collar removed to illustrate problem, they won't physically screw together, the screws keeping the KF base and the top battery contact in place are stopping thread engagement and it appears that neither can be permanently removed....

Cartos and Genesis clones connect to the Nemesis no problem, bottom screw on the KF appears to be the issue.

Update: I screwed both screws in as tight as they would go and managed to make contact but there's a gap of about 1mm between the units. Its a pity because both are quite well made (particularly the KF) although the Nemesis casing is very tight in terms of getting 18650s in and out. Have yet to get vaping....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Sounds odd.

I have the Kayfun lite and although the 510 thread was a bit bodged, screwing it in to an old ego battery eased the thread a bit. It still isn't perfect, but it fits perfectly on the nemesis.

OK, it pulls like a train, seriously good vape, may need to drop the nic level. The adjustments are worth the hassle, you just need to be willing mess about with for an hour or so to get both units to mate properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Nice 1,

I got my Vamo 5 yesterday and Nemesis today but still no sign of the batteries or tanks but hopefully I'll have them by the end of the week.

I must say that the quality of the Nemesis looks and feels good, can't wait to pass on the Ego's and start puffing on these bad boys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I have a kayfun lite and a nemesis from FT and had absolutely no issues getting the kayfun to fire. Also have a 69 mod from FT which it also works fine on.

Edit, you know the post on the nemesis is adjustable right? If you unscrew that a bit it should allow you to screw the KF down further and eliminate the gap you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Kayfun lite and Nemesis work fine for me. But Nemesis and kayfun clone won't play together, screws about a quarter turn, then locks...clone fits into everything but the Nemesis. All my other atties fit into the Nemesis...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

OK, it pulls like a train, seriously good vape, may need to drop the nic level. The adjustments are worth the hassle, you just need to be willing mess about with for an hour or so to get both units to mate properly.

Did you adjust the top contact pin ? the easiest way is to unscrew that , screw on your kayfun then screw up the nemesis contact snug

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

How long from "despatched to overseas" did it take for your order to arrive, if you don't mind me asking?

Status Date Status Description
    25-03-2014 Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)
    29-03-2014 Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)
    10-04-2014 Arrived at overseas (Country code: IE)
    14-04-2014 Product Delivered (Country code: IE)

This was the Vamo, the Nemesis was dispatched first and came a day later
    I still have 12 packages to come >.<, got a bit carried away when I saw all the shiny stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Thanks,

I ordered an SVD and a few other things on the 26th and on the 31st quantium tracking said that singpost had received the physical item. Singpost tracking didn't even say "information received" till the 2nd of April though. Last thing it said was "despatched to overseas" on the 3rd and nothing has come up since...

I am not a patient man, so I ended up buying a Smok Magneto, a Trident clone, and a Kayfun Lite+ clone (still wating on this) since then, though...

Edit: I also didn't know about getting packages under a certain amount so I hope I somehow slip by customs!! :(

Hopefully they will get through.

My 2 were unopened and FT had marked them as gifts with a value of about 3 Dollars.
    From reading the FT forum Chinapost seems to be the fastest to the UK with most being delivered in 7-9 days but no batteries of any kind or liquids allowed.
    I put in an order Sunday and selected them as carrier so we'll see.

ps

22 euros is the amount that's exempt from tax in case you didn't know the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Kayfun 3.1 and Nemesis clones just arrived from FT but they ain't fitting together, (kayfun appears to be 510, not sure what Nemesis is?) do I need some sort of adapter? Damn you FT!

2126dug.jpg

2jcvx9j.jpg

Did you back off the centre pin on the nemisis top cap first, then after the two are screwed together flush adjust the centre pin to make contact.

How long from "despatched to overseas" did it take for your order to arrive, if you don't mind me asking?

Ordered on the 12th of March, shipped on the 24th of March, received on the 14th of April.
    Did you back off the centre pin on the nemisis top cap first, then after the two are screwed together flush adjust the centre pin to make contact.

I actually did it the other way around but acheived the same outcome - first backed off the centre pin on the Kayfun and then adjusted the pin on the Nemesis top cap until contact was made.

After a day of Kayfun fun, its a challenge going back to clearos when out and about during the day, only drawback it the weight of the the thing, I wouldn't like to get a smack of one!

Advertisement