Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best bank for new business account

Options
  • 15-04-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

what is best bank to start an business account with for a cafe bar business?
    best online option etc
    any info appreciated thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

AIB's online business banking is pretty good (at least compared to some of the others)

I'd recommend shopping around - banks sometimes do special offers for new businesses ie. free fees etc., for the first year

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Last time I checked AIB had two years free banking. BOI had 1 year.

AIB also seem to have a better online package for small businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

The charges vary quite a bit too between providers so do your homework there!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Michael_Dare

Depends if you're a company or a "trading as" business. AIB still do not have company debit cards, while BoI do. Drives me round the bend. 2014, and no company debit cards.

AIB's company Internet banking is ancient and looks it, while its "trading as" business web banking is the same as the personal banking site - so it's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

PTSB are chasing business customers aggressively lately with some good offers. PTSB also offer some good corporate deposit rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Fungus wrote: »
    PTSB are chasing business customers aggressively lately with some good offers. PTSB also offer some good corporate deposit rates.

The worst thing about them is that you need to go into the branch for practically everything though.

Advertisement