Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Online - Access to our new home-page.

Options
  • 15-04-2014 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

We understand some of our Business Online Users are experiencing challenges when accessing the site for the first time following the changes to our home-page. To navigate through this screen, you may need to do the following: 

1.  Press CTRL and F5 (CTRL + F5) to refresh the page - if the old login screen is appearing.
    2.  Clear all temporary files - note that when you clear temporary files BOL needs to be added to compatibility view again.
    3.  Add to compatibility view.
    4.  Ensure to type the address www.boi-bol.com into the address bar and please do not select from favourites or access via a search engine.
    5.  Add Business Online as a trusted site.

For further information, you can check our BOL status link here

We thank you for your patience and reassure you that the Business Online Team are continuing to review the site and working on developments.

Thanks
    Tara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Available on Chrome or Safari yet?  or is that a stupid unreasonable request.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi stevieob,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

As Tara mentioned, our Business Online team are continuing to review the site and work on developments. There is no update yet for Business Online being available on Safari or Chrome, this is being looked into by the Business Online team. 

We will be sure to inform our customers through the usual channels when we have an update on this. 

If you need help with any other query please just ask us. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

When I logged in previously, I used a 10 digit password.

On the new home-page the password field only accepts an 8 digit password.

.....I'll call the help desk tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi KonFusion, 

Thanks for your post. 

We've checked this with Business Online who have advised that these passwords have always contained 8 characters. 

It may be a case that you've always typed 10 characters however only the first 8 would have been recognised. If you log on and use the first 8 characters of your password, this should work. If not, please call the BOL Helpdesk- contact details are here  

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Hi Tara
    I was wondering if one of the reps might be able to let me contact them via private message, I have a query about a possible issue with the new homepage that might be best not discussed on the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Hi,
    A number of our users have had issues with the changeover. Does BoI have a mechanism in place to notify system administrators of impending changes such as a mailing list, or of ongoing technical issues? If not, are there any plans to introduce such a service?

Thanks.

Hi northwestramble,

Yes you can send one of the reps a PM if you wish. 

Ectoraige, we have forwarded your query on and will post here when we receive more information. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah, 
    Thanks, can I send it to you? just went to try but it says not allowed. 

Hi northwestramble,

Can you try sending a PM to Bank of Ireland Billy? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Hi Sarah, thanks for doing that, I'll await their response.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sarah, sent off PM to Billy. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Is there a problem with BOL this morning?

I have been able to access since the page was updated but cannot today.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Valetta,

Thanks for the post.

Business Online is currently operating normally. If you are experiencing difficulties logging in at the moment, please take a look at the following help and support link:

http://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/payments-and-cards/online-banking/business-online/business-on-line-status/?utm_source=BOL&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=footer&utm_campaign=bol_status

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Nicola  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Thanks Nicola

I have updated to the latest version of Java and everything is working fine now.

Valetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oshow

Hello Nicola,
    Can you update me on the current status of Business online?

1.Not possible to access BOL homepage all day today
    2.BOL status page not updated since yesterday
    3.No answetr on BOL Phone Helpdesk, advising to go to homepage for support.. Arrgh.

25 end of month payments to process today.

Tom...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

oshow wrote: »
    Hello Nicola,

3.No answetr on BOL Phone Helpdesk, advising to go to homepage for support.. Arrgh.

Tom...
    try uninstalling and reinstalling Java.... worked for me the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Tom, 

Many thanks for your post. 

We've been in touch with the BOL Helpdesk who have advised that the website is fully operational. I know the Helpdesk was extremely busy today however they are available now until 6pm. If you can call when you have online access a representative will be happy to help. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oshow

stevieob wrote: »
    oshow wrote: »
    Hello Nicola,

Tom...
    try uninstalling and reinstalling Java.... worked for me the other day
    Thanks Stevieob, That worked.
    Pay attention users,  the Java update 7 V55 that you all installed in the last 10 days needs to be uninstalled and re-installed..

Another major glitch BOI are incapable of informing their customers about and wasting our precious time.

Tom. 

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KevHurley

Has anyone else experienced problems since the homepage was changed? Since the new homepage has been operational, I find logging in to be a nightmare. Ok, my computer is fairly old but the BOL homepage is using 100% of my cpu every time I visit it. So apart from the normal sluggishness which I have always experienced with BOL, I now have extra time to wait when I log on. Might not be a big deal but I've 3 accounts to log into and it all adds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi KevHurley[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you are experiencing delays logging in via Business Online.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This page [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]here[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] may help, it includes a link to help customers with technical queries.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any further help, our Business Online Helpdesk representatives can be contacted on 1890 818 265 and will be happy to assist.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the taking the time to post.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement