Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I remember paying £8 for a ticket for the "for those about to rock" tour in the RDS.

They would want to have some serious under card and make it more of a day festival to justify that price.

Punchestown will turn out to be my last time seeing them live I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Thankfully I've already seen them on the BI tour, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I would like to see them again. It is a steep price but it's not that much up from tickets from the last tour, IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I think it was £15 on The Razor's Edge Tour back in 1991 - which was steep enough back then. So €87.50 + whatever is a lot, even though that's the going rate these days.

Having seen them twice before I won't break my heart over it if I don't go.

For anyone who hasn't seen them before I will say that they put on a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

peter1892 wrote: »
    I think it was £15 on The Razor's Edge Tour back in 1991 - which was steep enough back then. So €87.50 + whatever is a lot, even though that's the going rate these days.

£15.50, plus you had a chance to get an Angus Dollar...!!!!

2nkj5m9.jpg

The Angus Buck is one of the funniest things I've seen Rock music.

1990ACDCWorldTour-AngusDollarFront.jpg

tumblr_md0e2xS1Q91rjolieo1_250.gif

I don't know if Wikipedia is to be believed but,
    Coinciding with the Razors Edge tour, the Soviet Union disintegrated. As a token of thanks for his youthful followers, Boris Yeltsin arranged for AC/DC to add Moscow to the tour. The venue had to be relocated numerous times due to high demand, eventually settling on an airfield. Due to the volatile political and economic climate, the Russian ruble was suffering from severe inflation. For an extremely short period of time, Angus Bucks dropped on the crowd had more value than the ruble itself and were actually used for regular monetary transactions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I remember the build up to the Dublin gig on that tour and we had all seen the Moneytalks video and had heard they dropped dollars when they played the song so were expecting the same amount to fall and there was talk about getting enough to cover a bedroom wall etc but there was one measley bag full of notes that fell and there was an almighty scramble to get them. I only got the one in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I remember the build up to the Dublin gig on that tour and we had all seen the Moneytalks video and had heard they dropped dollars when they played the song so were expecting the same amount to fall and there was talk about getting enough to cover a bedroom wall etc but there was one measley bag full of notes that fell and there was an almighty scramble to get them. I only got the one in the end.

I remember that scramble, guy in front of me was getting trampled on, was real worried for him. I reached down and struggled to pulled him up. He gives me a big hug and then dives back on the floor.:D
    There was a lot of them (dollars) left behind on the floor afterwards.

They should bring that song back. AC/DC have such a great 'back line' of songs that never get play nowadays, Moneytalks being one of them. I think you could build a whole set list out of sub songs that would get a reaction. I think every one of the following songs were left off the BI tour (with good reasons to be fair, though)

So......

Moneytalks
    Sin City
    Shot Down in Flanes
    Walk all over you
    Hard as a Rock
    Problem Child
    If you want Blood
    The Razor's Edge
    Rocker
    Rock n Roll Damnation
    That's the way I wanna rock and roll
    What do you do for money honey
    Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution
    Stiff Upper Lip
    Beat around the Bush
    Heatseeker
    Who made Who
    Jailbreak
    Riff Raff
    Squealer
    Let's get it up
    Bad Boy Boogie
    Shake your foundations
    Live Wire
    Big Gun

And that's before you get to the so-called deep cuts. It's really a pretty amazing catalog that the band has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Down Payment Blues
    Cold Hearted Man (love Bon's voice on that song)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Roanmore wrote: »
    Down Payment Blues
    Cold Hearted Man (love Bon's voice on that song)

You've got my vote there. Two of the best songs off the (early UK release of the) album that for me defines them best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

adox wrote: »
    I remember paying £8 for a ticket for the "for those about to rock" tour in the RDS.

They would want to have some serious under card and make it more of a day festival to justify that price.

Punchestown will turn out to be my last time seeing them live I fear.

£8.50, actually. Not sure if extra ticket fees had been invented by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

If memory serves in right, if you buy your ticket with cash at Ticketmaster in Stephens Green centre, there's no extra charges.

It's been a while since I did it as most gigs I attend are usually pay at the door.

McDave wrote: »
    You've got my vote there. Two of the best songs off the (early UK release of the) album that for me defines them best.

They're both great songs, but I think only Down Payment Blues would be a back line type song, I think. Cold Hearted Man, though, hasn't been played in years, if it was ever played, that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I'll pay whatever money to see them, I think they're worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

ozzy jr wrote: »
    If memory serves in right, if you buy your ticket with cash at Ticketmaster in Stephens Green centre, there's no extra charges.

It's been a while since I did it as most gigs I attend are usually pay at the door.

For certain gigs they have no service charge at the Ticketmaster at St Stephens Green but there is a charge for various other gigs. I think it may depend on who is promoting the gig, and the venue.

Don't know what happened to the €87.50 tickets.

According to ticketmaster website, cheapest tickets are now €92.50

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Tesco TripleChicken

briany wrote: »
    They're both great songs, but I think only Down Payment Blues would be a back line type song, I think. Cold Hearted Man, though, hasn't been played in years, if it was ever played, that is.

I remember Angus saying in an interview that they don't play some songs because they were "Bon's" songs. Obviously had some special meaning or something to Bon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

well that was difficult to get - but I got em!! :D

I hate that counter on ticketmaster

"your wait is less than 1 minute..."

*4 minutes later*

"your wait is 3 minutes...."

• Registered Users Posts: 21 curfumsarinn

I'm having no luck - no matter what combination I put in. Is it sold out already ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I'm having no luck - no matter what combination I put in. Is it sold out already ???

Think so, no luck for me either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yeah sold out within a few minutes apparently!

Ok, well let the begging start now. I couldnt get tickets this morning, and am broken-hearted. I dont have a sob-story about needing them for a terminally-ill nephew, they were for me, my wife, my sister and her husband. I'll buy 4 together off anyone who has them, and will pay a little profit as well if you need it. I'll buy two twos as well, if you have them going.

And if this is outside the bounds of what should be posted here, sorry Mods, please dont bar me.

Ok, well let the begging start now. I couldnt get tickets this morning, and am broken-hearted. I dont have a sob-story about needing them for a terminally-ill nephew, they were for me, my wife, my sister and her husband. I'll buy 4 together off anyone who has them, and will pay a little profit as well if you need it. I'll buy two twos as well, if you have them going.

And if this is outside the bounds of what should be posted here, sorry Mods, please dont bar me.

It's because of that type of thing, people who don't need 8 tickets, buy 8 tickets and sell on the extra tickets for a profit.

Fair enough, but I'm not taking personal responsibility for the emergence and dominance of the free-enterprsie capitalist system. If there are less people interested in going than there are people who hold "extra" tickets, then they (the scalpers) will be left with tickets. They run that risk. My offer is made via a forum for fans, which I've read with enthusiasm, where I'm hoping to appeal to a kindred spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Got two standing tickets :D:D

The Ticketmaster website looked really crashy and dodgy during the waiting time... Nearly pressed back button/do over!

Better be worth the price now lads!

They'll be worth every cent. The Point show in '09 or thereabouts was the best gig I have ever been at, bar none. They might lose a little playing in a big stadium, the Point felt "proper", but it's still better than Punchestown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd suggest keeping an eye on toutless.com for tickets. No doubt as the gig gets nearer people will have to give it a miss for various personal reasons and tickets will surface.

Mod note:There is a thread for ticket requests/those looking to offload tickets, no touting allowed. Keep requests to that thread only so this one remains on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭flasher0030

They'll be worth every cent. The Point show in '09 or thereabouts was the best gig I have ever been at, bar none. They might lose a little playing in a big stadium, the Point felt "proper", but it's still better than Punchestown.

Punchestown. Jesus. That brings back some horrid memories. Rotten gig. Buses took forever to get there, forever to get home, and in between it rained practically all evening. The actual gig performance is a distant memory, unlike all the negatives associated with the day/night. Aviva should be better occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

My friend told me that tickets for the Aviva Stadium show sold out in 20 minutes.

• Advertisement

Does rain affect an open air AC/DC show, I wonder? If you have slanted rain coming in on the stage, that could create wet spots to slip on for Angus and I can't imagine a downpour would do him any good when he's out on the ramp and riser doing that extended solo section in Let There be Rock with his shirt off and all. And then there's all the electrical equipment and possibility of water causing things to short. They seem to be well able for it in either case. On the other hand I once saw a guy cancel a performance, well mid-afternoon 'audition', in the the downstairs of Doran's because there was a leak coming from the ceiling. I suppose Doran's don't quite have the same stage protections AC/DC might enjoy. I once played in slanty rain on the back of rickety lorry bed going through a pot holed main street. I had a short out that day on my pedal board and was afraid to touch my amp!

Advertisement