Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Most people who are going probably wouldn't know who their drummer was if it wasn't for that threatening to kill story a few months ago, hardcore fans of the band will notice the difference and are curious as to how it will affect their sound, I thought this was a discussion forum, if people aren't allowed to talk about something that affects the band then you might as well just lock this thread up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Most people who are going probably wouldn't know who their drummer was if it wasn't for that threatening to kill story a few months ago, hardcore fans of the band will notice the difference and are curious as to how it will affect their sound, I thought this was a discussion forum, if people aren't allowed to talk about something that affects the band then you might as well just lock this thread up.

Indeed, and another example would be the difference in the drum sound on Iron Maiden's albums with Clive Burr and Nicko McBrain and the difference in the sound of Jimi Hendrix's music on his first three albums compared to when he played with Buddy Miles in the Band of Gypsys.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

New video being filmed in LA next week. Wish it was Dogs of War but probably Rock the Blues Away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

New video being filmed in LA next week. Wish it was Dogs of War but probably Rock the Blues Away.

The sticker on the album I bought said something like "featuring the singles Lets Play Ball and Dogs of War" so it might be Dogs that they are shooting the video for. I hope it's that one too. Best song on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The sticker on the album I bought said something like "featuring the singles Lets Play Ball and Dogs of War" so it might be Dogs that they are shooting the video for. I hope it's that one too. Best song on the album.

That's what I was hoping, but it just "Dogs of War" and "Play Ball", it doesn't say singles. And apparently Radio stations have reported that RTBA is the new single. I would much prefer DOW, but I suppose RTBA is the most radio-friendly track on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,969 ✭✭✭✭briany

I suppose RTBA is the most radio-friendly track on the album.

RTBA sounds too much like an alternate version of Anything Goes off of Black Ice. Tbf Dogs has the same problem but it sounds a lot tougher than its "twin '.

Don't even care who the drummer is anymore, so excited to just see the band play now after all the photos floating around the net after the rehearsal today.

Looks like they're opening the show with Rock or Bust and playing Highway to Hell too.

I can't link cause I'm a new reg but there's now a photo online of Chris and Cliff together at the Grammys. I'm pretty pleased really. Slade drummed for a more important time in the band's history than Wright did, and a past AC/DC member is better than any cameo appearance from another famous band's drummer etc.

I can't link cause I'm a new reg but there's now a photo online of Chris and Cliff together at the Grammys. I'm pretty pleased really. Slade drummed for a more important time in the band's history than Wright did, and a past AC/DC member is better than any cameo appearance from another famous band's drummer etc.

Until I see a picture of Chris actually
    drumming with the band, or footage thereof, or get the official word, I wouldn't roll out the "Welcome back, Chris" banner because there's at least one other act he's been linked to (Tom Jones) that are playing at the Grammies, and Cliff and Chris are good mates I hear. Great news if true, of course, and I hope it's true but that's the only evidence I'll now accept after so much apparent intrigue surrounding the position.

• Advertisement

I love those rehearsal pictures. Like inside the album cover, I love seeing Angus rocking in his civilian clothes.

I love those rehearsal pictures. Like inside the album cover, I love seeing Angus rocking in his civilian clothes.

Yeah there's one of his doing the horns thing whilst rehearsing Highway to Hell, looks great. Can't wait.

Very happy for Chris. Hopefully it'll be a happy ending to his journey with AC/DC, and perhaps to his career overall as he's pushing 70 now. It's a pity for Rudd but it's hard to feel too sorry for him as it's a situation he created for himself. Hopefully he has the will and support to get himself back on the straight and narrow. Even then, should he be allowed back in the band, or reconsidered? It's like the stereotypical situation of the girlfriend who keeps ditching the nice reliable guy for the bad guy who invariably f's her over.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah it's only the drummer, sure no one is interested in talking about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Is it safe to assume then that Chris Slade will be manning the drum kit for the world tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Really enjoying the new album.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Is it safe to assume then that Chris Slade will be manning the drum kit for the world tour.

Yes. Slade officially announced his involvement for the upcoming tour on his Chris Slade Time line FB page. Phil's court date has been pushed back until April. He'll be in the dock while AC/DC rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Personally I cldnt give a **** about Rudd missing the tour. In fact, I am glad. During the last tour he just appeared not to give a **** and it pained him to be there.

Ok Slade has not toured with them in nearly 25 years but at least he will look like he is enjoying himself.

I see a few moans around the 'net (from disgruntled Rudd fans, maybe?) about Slade signing stuff 'he wasn't on' at the Grammy meet and greet. Is that cool? Doing that? I don't see the problem, myself. It would preclude Brian, Stevie and Cliff from signing stuff, too, if it were. I wonder, though, do guys ever get annoyed having to sign stuff that doesn't feature them?

Just a heads up/reminder, if anyone is interested - Slade's son, Jack Slade, is posting on the AC/DC forum under the name 'IamDrummist' and releasing little tidbits of info about the rejoining process etc. Interesting times for the band.
    Personally I cldnt give a **** about Rudd missing the tour. In fact, I am glad. During the last tour he just appeared not to give a **** and it pained him to be there.

Ok Slade has not toured with them in nearly 25 years but at least he will look like he is enjoying himself.

Rudd's always had that expression on his face, in fairness. That workmanlike, fag on, bored demeanor. It's part of his thing, but I always did enjoy Slade's snarling grimace more. Rudd dug his own hole, though. Unlike the other lads, he couldn't keep himself on the straight and narrow. No-one was forcing to take the path he did.

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone..."

• Advertisement

I like Rudd's bored off his tits expression, he is my favourite drummer, while this isn't unexpected I'm still a bit disappointed, but he only has himself to blame for this situation the f*cking idiot.

On the other hand it's great for Slade especially after how it ended for him the first time, I'm sure it'll still be a great show regardless of who is behind the kit, I haven't listened to Live for a while, I'll have to dig it out now, hope they bring back The Razor's Edge to the setlist, it's an underrated tune.

Highlights are on 4 music tomorrow night. Hopefully it'll just be on youtube in the morning anyway, and there's a few streams about as well apparently if anybody's staying up.

Won't bother linking cause I can't embed, it's on youtube now anyway. It was good I thought. Sounds like the chorus of Rock or Bust is a bit of a mouthful for Brian, I'm sure it'll come much easier when they start tour rehearsals properly. Highway to Hell sounded great, as did Slade.

That was an awesome performance. The Grammys are such a steile environment, though, and very 'establishment'. Slade killed it. That version of HtH was played with a real 'lazy snare' and that is exactly how you want it . Dragged, lurching and a bit evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Grammy highlights on Net 2 tonight (Mon 9th Feb) at 7.30pm.

AC/DC open the show, we can turn it off after that.

I'm more interested in how Stevie Young fills Malcolm's shoes than the drumming issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Or just watch it now and not bother waiting until 7:30 to watch it on RTE 2

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-ac-dc-kick-off-grammys-with-devilishly-explosive-medley-20150208

poundhound wrote: »
    Grammy highlights on Net 2 tonight (Mon 9th Feb) at 7.30pm.

AC/DC open the show, we can turn it off after that.

I'm more interested in how Stevie Young fills Malcolm's shoes than the drumming issue.

I'm just listening back to the performance and I think Stevie filled Malcolm's shoes very well. Really, if you gave 99.9 percent a blindfold test on it and told them it was Malcolm, they wouldn't know the difference. That's as a live performer, though. I wonder what'll happen if the band consider writing songs again, considering that the band's creative core was Angus & Malcolm. Would Angus & Stevie be so good? Hard to say.

Kind of annoying how they had to cut out parts of their songs so they could fit in this paltry time slot they were given. To be honest, if whoever called them and offered the gig said they'd have less than six minutes to perform, the band would have been well within their rights to tell the guy to f*ck right off.

Overall a great performance, particularly when you consider it was rusty one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Malcolm was a rhythm guitarist in a band that plays 3 chord songs. I could have replaced him and you'd not hear the difference.

Yeah and you could replace Angus and Cliff as well and the replacements would sound exactly the same too, sure look at Guns N Roses aren't they better than ever...

Why do people insist on discussing boring sh1te like member changes and setlists on this thread, can't you do it somewhere else?

• Advertisement

Ahh but he played them so well.

Advertisement