Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

It would be cool if there was some young Irish metal/rock band who landed a support with 'DC. The Answer did a good job the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,969 ✭✭✭✭briany

MetalDog wrote: »
    It would be cool if there was some young Irish metal/rock band who landed a support with 'DC. The Answer did a good job the last time.

Yeah. It's a surprise The Answer haven't gone on to greater heights, really. I know they're probably doing pretty well making albums and touring the circuit, but I thought they'd be bigger, still.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I think The Strypes are probably the only real Irish rock band in contention to get the support slot, Angus mentioned them in an interview so they're definitely aware of them, although I imagine Bressie has been checking his phone every two minutes anxiously awaiting the call.

Regarding The Answer, to paraphrase eveyone's favourite football pundit they're a good band, not a great band, all their albums are solid enough, but none are consistant enough to be considered great, still they have some pretty good songs all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Vintage Trouble are support for 14 dates being announced next week.

Brian said last week on BBC radio there'll be a few songs they haven't played in a long time (not including Have a Drink on Me) so looking forward to seeing the new setlist next week.

Surprised about all the complaints on here about the setlist, I think it's pretty good. Sin City and Have a drink on me really cool additions, swapping the Jack out for High Voltage second night of Coachella was great. I hope they drop the strip thing and the Jack altogether. RnR train being kept in the setlist and at the end of the set is great. Also like the choice of songs from the new album, although Play Ball hasn't sounded up to par live yet really.

Would love to see Who made who played again. Good chance Bad boy boogie/anything off Powerage either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Vintage Trouble are support for 14 dates being announced next week.

A blues band in a stadium, odd choice won't mean anything to ourselves I believe the 14 dates are the first 14 (running to June 7th)

• Advertisement

Surprised about all the complaints on here about the setlist, I think it's pretty good. Sin City and Have a drink on me really cool additions, swapping the Jack out for High Voltage second night of Coachella was great. I hope they drop the strip thing and the Jack altogether. RnR train being kept in the setlist and at the end of the set is great. Also like the choice of songs from the new album, although Play Ball hasn't sounded up to par live yet really.

Would love to see Who made who played again. Good chance Bad boy boogie/anything off Powerage either.

Yeah, and it's a pity, because I thought that would be a good one to start the show off with. Unfortunately, Brian seems to be having trouble hitting the pitches and is causing the whole thing to come off a bit flat.

Hopefully Brian can shake the rust off because, although the Coachella shows were very good, he was shaky on a few tunes beyond Play Ball and would be the band's weak link at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

rob316 wrote: »
    Definitely Ive seen the Darkness play live a few times as support the last time was for Lady Gaga. They recently played Cypress Avenue in Cork that holds about 100 people so they are gone well off the radar.

They were road testing cos it'd been so long since they played, sure they played bucket loads of venues. They'd be perfect for support slot for AC/DC, so good live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    They were road testing cos it'd been so long since they played, sure they played bucket loads of venues. They'd be perfect for support slot for AC/DC, so good live.

yeah, road testing the new lady drummer.....she quit last week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

scudzilla wrote: »

Haha fair play to them...still class!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

scudzilla wrote: »

replaced by Roger Taylor's son already!

• Advertisement

Rumours on the AC/DC board picking up steam that a tell-all interview with Rudd will be aired on Monday on a show called "A Current Affair" on the Nine Network, in Australia. The interview is set to feature Rudd blasting Angus for turning his back on Rudd during Rudd's difficulties over the last few months. If it comes to pass as the rumour goes, then it'll effectively end any goodwill that existed between the parties and Rudd will never again be anywhere near the drum stool for AC/DC as it's a transgression that Angus (or George) is unlikely to forgive.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Rudd dug the hole for himself, no one else to blame for this mess, he's facing serious charges and he was acting the bollox when they were recording too, he obviously wasn't reliable, the band were right to move on without him.

I think this will be their last tour so it doesn't really matter if Rudd has ruined his chance at ever getting back in the band again.

Not a rumour, it turns out.

Here's the promo...

I'm sure all this drama is turning Angus' stomach :p

The band were rehearsing yesterday in the stadium, no pics of the setup but they played Rock or Bust first and also ran through Dog Eat Dog. Everything else they had played at Coachella.

Setlist appears to be floating around online. It's basically the second night at Coachella with a few songs moved around. Rock or Bust is still first. The Jack remains replaced by High Voltage. No Dog Eat Dog despite it being rehearsed lots before the dress rehearsal yesterday.

The P*ss-break remains replaced by High Voltage.

Fixed :pac:

I think a lot of the more hardcore fans were hoping the band would push the boat out a bit more with songs. When Brian said, on a recent radio interview, that there'd be a few surprises, I kind of get the feeling that he meant the same surprises every night in Have a Drink on me and Sin City. Surprises to the casual fan who don't necessarily follow the band, which would make up the majority of most of the concert audiences they play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Here's that interview Briany was talking about

On setlist.fm the following note is listed on the set list for the Arnhem gig so they might swap a song or two out at some stage over the tour.

Note: Printed setlist listed Miss Adventure, Rock the Blues Away, Dog Eat Dog & The Jack as "Extras"

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Well, 8 days til the Aviva gig, I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

5 days til Hampden :)

• Advertisement

Yeah heading to Hampden first too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looking forward to the dublin gig but have a strong feeling this will be there last irish show. going up on a private bus from waterford. dont really drink at concerts but i have a feelin there will be a few drunken scumbags around who no interest in the gig

PTH2009 wrote: »
    but i have a feelin there will be a few drunken scumbags around who no interest in the gig

So the same as every other gig then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

dont really drink at concerts but i have a feelin there will be a few drunken scumbags around who no interest in the gig

I reckon this gig will be full of drunken, day tripper, fair weather friends, "ah sure its a bit of craic" type of fan .... absolute fcukin headwrecks.....

.... but they paid their money - they can do what they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I'm going without a ticket, hope to pick one up there or somehow get into the stadium. Only live down the road, so no big deal if I don't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

dont really drink at concerts but i have a feelin there will be a few drunken scumbags around who no interest in the gig

Well you'll always have some clowns at every gig but I'd reckon for this there won't be too many. Can most scumbags afford the ticket prices, I'd hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Well you'll always have some clowns at every gig but I'd reckon for this there won't be too many. Can most scumbags afford the ticket prices, I'd hope not!

Maybe the term scumbags is a little harsh, but you'll find an asshole at any type of gig. It's just that it is more likely that outdoor gigs will be even more populated by assholes, who don't mind interrupting other peoples enjoyment of gigs, for example by pushing their way through the crowd on top of people who may have stood queuing for hours to get a good standing spot near enough to the stage to have good view.

Or assholes who talk really loudly on their phones, or to each other, while the headlining band is playing, talking really loudly on their phones, even though they can't hear each other, trying to find where they were standing before losing their mates etc, spilling their drinks, pissing into their plastic glasses and throwing it over the crowd etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

i have a feelin there will be a few drunken scumbags around who no interest in the gig

I say if you can't beat them - join them.
    I can't fúcking wait for it - pub at 2pm - AC/DC at 9pm :D
    It's all about managing the pace.
    It's gonna be epic - The greatest rock band in the world.
    Will be my 3rd (and probably last :() time seeing them.

Shot down in Flames :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Someone has had a laugh at editing the setlist for Hampden :D

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/acdc/2015/hampden-park-glasgow-scotland-13c955cd.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Setlist appears to be floating around online. It's basically the second night at Coachella with a few songs moved around. Rock or Bust is still first. The Jack remains replaced by High Voltage. No Dog Eat Dog despite it being rehearsed lots before the dress rehearsal yesterday.

Okay, I am off to learn the tracks from the new album as I just couldnt be arsed with the new album even though I bought it. Will be 3rd gig next Wed.

Advertisement