Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

scudzilla wrote: »
    Axl rose from 29yrs ago and todays Axl are 2 totally different beasts

Yeah that's true now that you mention it. I still think it'd be interesting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I got that Concert from TTD a while back, they played that in the encore, and it was definitely when Axl (and the rest of the band) were beginning to head into their peak. Amazing performance whether or not you like them. - Also worth downloading now, very good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Allyall wrote: »
    If it does happen, i'll be very surprised if it lasts.

and...

:D:D:D

Jaysus. I've heard more musical ability from people getting sick than those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Axl rose.......axl f*cking rose?!?!?!

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I cant stand Axl just something about that prick. Time to call it a day Angus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

jonon9 wrote: »
    I cant stand Axl just something about that prick. Time to call it a day Angus.

AC/DC simply won't be AC/DC anymore. It won't be a decision based on music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

McDave wrote: »
    AC/DC simply won't be AC/DC anymore. It won't be a decision based on music.

Trouble is that there's been people who've said this since Bon died. You'll get real hardcore fans of the band in Australia who simply lost interest when that happened and will use much the same line. Whether an individual accepts the band, using a certain lineup, as being AC/DC is all very, very subjective. AC/DC will be AC/DC until they stop functioning under that name. Whether people will want to listen is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

briany wrote: »
    Trouble is that there's been people who've said this since Bon died. You'll get real hardcore fans of the band in Australia who simply lost interest when that happened and will use much the same line. Whether an individual accepts the band, using a certain lineup, as being AC/DC is all very, very subjective. AC/DC will be AC/DC until they stop functioning under that name. Whether people will want to listen is another matter.

They certainly changed after Bon died, although a fundamental change was already well under way when they retained Mutt Lange. They weren't going to stay the same even had Bon lived on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Seeing the Coachella Rosie clip, Axl does have the pipes to pull off an AC/DC show. Whether he has the temperament is another thing, because the band's legacy has already gained an unwelcome tarnish from this last month and a bit. It doesn't need the added much of late starts, Axl rants and mini meltdowns. It's possible that there could be a fairly vocal contingent of some AC/DC audiences bad-mouthing Axl at these gigs. If that comes to pass, it would be interesting to see how Axl handles it.

I'm already seeing criticism about how AC/DC are money grubbing and so forth. TBH, if they were that, truly, then they wouldn't have hired Axl Rose to do these shows, because the man is not known for his low price tag. I'm sure he's a massive fan of AC/DC and excited to sing with them, but I don't think his ego would let him lowball his perceived worth just for that reason.

But hiring Axl for these gigs comes across as a big old Rock love-in, which is saddening. They're reaching for the icon, rather than plucking someone out of obscurity. On the one hand, this is understandable because I think they're trying to give these remaining shows a bit of box office oomph, but it's also out of step with their unassuming working-class roots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

You AC/DC fans crack me up. It is like as if you are stuck in a time bubble from 1993 or earlier the way you talk about Axl Rose.

He's a pussycat these days in comparison to his younger days. You do realise that he has performed countless tours in the past decade with all but a handful of very minor incidents. Not all of them were his fault either.

You think he is going to rant at an AC/DC gig where he is the guest? Oh no a rant, its the end of the world! :D He hasn't done a "rant" at a GNR show in years by the way, and if he does do one at an AC/DC gig it is more than likely due to dickhead "fans" giving him abuse. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and judging by the ill-informed comments on here from certain posters lot I can't say I'd blame him one bit.

As for late starts they are also increasingly rare. Anyway nothing screams rock n roll more than being in bed before midnight with your horlicks. And for 10 shows Axl can and will be on his best behaviour.

He reached out to AC/DC and offered his help and they gladly accepted. But judging by the whining and moaning it is probably for the best that AC/DC is as good as dead after these shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Axl to take Brian's place for the remaining gigs, confirmed by Rolling Stone Magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Red King wrote: »
    You AC/DC fans crack me up.

We all have things that we find amusing. For example I find your fanboy idolisation of Axl in vehemently defending every accusation against your hero very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

You AC/DC fans crack me up. It is like as if you are stuck in a time bubble from 1993 or earlier the way you talk about Axl Rose.

1993? Have some respect. I'm stuck in '77. Ain't a bad place to be.

We all have things that we find amusing. For example I find your fanboy idolisation of Axl in vehemently defending every accusation against your hero very funny.

What are you, 12 or 13? Fanboy idolisation? Is that what you call pointing out blatant ignorance from people whose view of the situation is 25 years out of date?

As for my hero? Not even remotely. I AM a huge GNR fan and love their music. But if you even knew half the stuff I've posted online about Axl Rose you'd know how far off that remark that comment is :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I've a ticket for Manchester so I've mixed feelings about this, I'm disappointed that Brian is officially out but also I'm intrigued as to what this will be like, if Rose is on his best behaviour it could be brilliant, a memorable once off, but knowing what he's like it could be a car crash too.

I've a non-refundable flight booked and it would be hard to get rid of the ticket so I might as well just go anyway and see what happens, if I knew this would happen I wouldn't have bothered getting one, I'd love to see how this whole saga would have played out if Malcolm was in full health.

I'm sure you could get a refund on the ticket, but I'd probably go too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Don't think that's possible, I'd be down a 100 Euro on the flight, might as well just go anyway and have an interesting experience, if only I could get in a time machine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm sure you could get a refund on the ticket, but I'd probably go too.

Better to get your refund now, rather than have to fight with the promoter after a) Axl doesnt show up or b) Axl throws a strop and walks off stage after ten minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Better to get your refund now, rather than have to fight with the promoter after a) Axl doesnt show up or b) Axl throws a strop and walks off stage after ten minutes.

Angus know's what's he's like and will not let it happen. Axl has prob signed contracts and is getting paid ****loads to do these gigs (Axl's tech a hired hand and is not the boss at these acdc shows)

I think Axl has changed and seems to be enjoying being on stage with slash and duff and may of copped himself on

You guys needs to educate yourselves as to the last time Axl didn't show for a gig or walked off and didn't finish the show. Jesus.

You guys needs to educate yourselves as to the last time Axl didn't show for a gig or walked off and didn't finish the show. Jesus.

Exactly. Its not every decade he wastes millions recording a ****e album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

happy i got to see AC/DC in the aviva last year but would love to see them with Axl rose dis year.

Angus is not a young man anymore either are the rest of the band and whats best for business is too end ACDC after the tour. Id invite Brian Johnson to some of the shows (1 or 2 songs wont do his hearing any harm).

Dvd boxset should be brought out after the tour.
    Disc 1- Doc on the bands whole career
    Disc 2- Live concert with Bon Scott
    Disc 3- Live concert with Brian Johnson (From the rock or bust tour)
    Disc 4- Live concert with Brian, Mal and Phil
    Disc 5- Live concert with Axl Rose

Axl is prob getting paid Millions of dollars to do this tour

I'd like to see Axl Rose perform with them, but it would be more out of curiosity than anything else.
    I can't picture him singing many of the songs, I'm half picturing a car crash tour. If one gig goes bad, it's going to get worse..

AC/DC Reportedly Auditioned Tribute Band Singer to Replace Brian Johnson

Statement from Brian via Ultimate Classic Rock
    As many AC/DC fans know, the remaining shows for the 2016 AC/DC Rock or Bust World Tour, including 10 postponed U.S. shows, are being rescheduled with a guest singer. I want personally to explain the reason because I don’t believe the earlier press releases sufficiently set out what I wanted to say to our fans or the way in which I thought it should be presented.

On March 7th, after a series of examinations by leading physicians in the field of hearing loss, I was advised that if I continue to perform at large venues, I risked total deafness. While I was horrified at the reality of the news that day, I had for a time become aware that my partial hearing loss was beginning to interfere with my performance on stage. I was having difficulty hearing the guitars on stage and because I was not able to hear the other musicians clearly, I feared the quality of my performance could be compromised. In all honesty this was something I could not in good conscience allow. Our fans deserve my performance to be at the highest level, and if for any reason I can’t deliver that level of performance I will not disappoint our fans or embarrass the other members of AC/DC. I am not a quitter and I like to finish what I start, nevertheless, the doctors made it clear to me and my bandmates that I had no choice but to stop performing on stage for the remaining shows and possibly beyond. That was the darkest day of my professional life.

Since that day, I have had several consultations with my doctors and it appears that, for the near future, I will be unable to perform on stage at arena and stadium size venues where the sound levels are beyond my current tolerance, without the risk of substantial hearing loss and possibly total deafness. Until that time, I tried as best as I could to continue despite the pain and hearing loss but it all became too much to bear and too much to risk.

I am personally crushed by this development more than anyone could ever imagine. The emotional experience I feel now is worse than anything I have ever in my life felt before. Being part of AC/DC, making records and performing for the millions of devoted fans this past 36 years has been my life’s work. I cannot imagine going forward without being part of that, but for now I have no choice. The one thing for certain is that I will always be with AC/DC at every show in spirit, if not in person.

Most importantly, I feel terrible having to disappoint the fans who bought tickets for the canceled shows and who have steadfastly supported me and AC/DC these many years. Words cannot express my deep gratitude and heartfelt thanks not just for the recent outpouring to me personally of kind words and good wishes, but also for the years of loyal support of AC/DC. My thanks also go to Angus and Cliff for their support.

Finally, I wish to assure our fans that I am not retiring. My doctors have told me that I can continue to record in studios and I intend to do that. For the moment, my entire focus is to continue medical treatment to improve my hearing. I am hoping that in time my hearing will improve and allow me to return to live concert performances. While the outcome is uncertain, my attitude is optimistic. Only time will tell.

Once again, my sincere best wishes and thanks to everyone for their support and understanding.

Love,
    Brian

Is that him saying "I'm still available for studio work with AC DC"? Trying to force their hand to keep him on for that, letting Angus continue on the road with a guest singer.

ush wrote: »
    Is that him saying "I'm still available for studio work with AC DC"? Trying to force their hand to keep him on for that, letting Angus continue on the road with a guest singer.

AC/DC wished Brian well in his 'future ventures', a term kind of synonymous with a parting of ways. However, it is possible to wish someone well in their future ventures without parting ways as well. It's not the kind of language you'd usually pick, but it's possible. It's a statement just vague enough to be malleable after the fact, anyway. I'd say AC/DC would be well-advised to hang back after this tour and wait for some dust to settle. Do AC/DC really want to go on with a gutted lineup? Would people buy into it without Brian Johnson singing?

Brian makes it clear that the situation is a fluid one. He hopes his hearing will return to a healthy level but that's a work in progress, not a guarantee. It's only my opinion, but I think Brian would reluctantly understand if AC/DC turned down the offer that he only sang on the records, and I can't imagine that forcing their hand had been any part of his intent when penning this statement.

I remember last year in the Aviva he was messing with his ear piece a lot, you'd hope he'll be able to comeback and they get to go out with Brian fronting the band.

• Advertisement

I remember last year in the Aviva he was messing with his ear piece a lot, you'd hope he'll be able to comeback and they get to go out with Brian fronting the band.

It would be great. I remember seeing something on BBC news roughly a year or more ago about scientists using silk for repairing burst eardrums, or they were working on it.
    You'd have to imagine also, before he gets too old, if he would be up for one last tour, and risk it. Doubt it, but it would be something I'd imagine is running through his mind a lot, or will.

Advertisement