Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The activity is vague, I'd imagine new music?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The activity is vague, I'd imagine new music?

yeah and maybe a new live DVD or something

Cant see them announcing a tour just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Looks like Airbourne's Joel O'Keefe knew something was going on with AC/DC after all. Seeing as he posted the leaked screenshots on Instagram 10 days ago.

https://pwrup.acdc.com/

Phil Rudd back on drums

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Power Up!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    Power Up!

The lads are showing there ages

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Musicman released a Cliff Williams signature bass as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Great to have them back

PsychoPete wrote: »

More of the same then. No bad thing.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Sounds like a real departure in sound and production..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

We Have Ways of Making You Talk podcast has a 2 part interview with Brian Johnson. Barely a mention of AC/DC, it's about military history, and he talks about his parents, his dads time in the army, how his parents met etc.
    Never knew his mother was Italian.
    Interesting listen, and didn't know Johnson was in the territorial army, parachute regiment.
    You can find it on apple or avast etc, wherever you like looking...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

The teaser sounds like real meat and potatoes stuff . Hopefully that was a snippet of a 2nd tier filler tune and they're holding back on the better stuff. If that's a song they intend to lead with, then the album would be pretty meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

briany wrote: »
    The teaser sounds like real meat and potatoes stuff . Hopefully that was a snippet of a 2nd tier filler tune and they're holding back on the better stuff. If that's a song they intend to lead with, then the album would be pretty meh.

They haven't released a classic albumin 40 years. I don't think anyone is expecting one. Itll be like the last album. Couple of decent new tune leading to (hopefully) a tour.

And hopefully not in the 3 Arena. Sound was pants the last time. What a diabolical venue.

The Nal wrote: »
    They haven't released a classic albumin 40 years. I don't think anyone is expecting one. Itll be like the last album. Couple of decent new tune leading to (hopefully) a tour.

And hopefully not in the 3 Arena. Sound was pants the last time. What a diabolical venue.

If they tour and they come to Ireland, there's only one place that they'll be playing. Slane.

If they tour and they come to Ireland, there's only one place that they'll be playing. Slane.

Hopefully it is slane and puts an end to the years of speculation

Anyway won't be til 2022 or God knows when

So are we suppose to forget all the ****ty things Phil Rudd did

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

PTH2009 wrote: »

I wouldn't say they should be forgotten, but they shouldn't be hung over his head either. He'd got himself into a bad state, but in fairness to him he also managed to pull himself out of it, too.

The band made the right call in 2014 to sack him. Bringing him on the road would have made the Rock or Bust tour even more disastrous than it was, in my opinion, but the arrest and his sacking from the band was, I'd say, a bucket of cold water to snap him out of his downward spiral and get back to being someone the band could play with. He's achieved that, so fair play.

Album's release date is apparently set Friday November 27th.

Shot In The Dark being released on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Yes. Why do you seem so bothered..:confused:

It was dealt with in NZ. End of.

No! Proper rock and roll drummer behaviour!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The Nal wrote: »
    No! Proper rock and roll drummer behaviour!

Name another drummer who has rang a compatriot and offered the compatriot a large sum of money to kill a worker or former worker. Just because the drummers album wasn't as successful as he/she thought it would be?

Name another drummer who has rang a compatriot and offered the compatriot a large sum of money to kill a worker or former worker. Just because the drummers album wasn't as successful as he/she thought it would be?

Very rock and roll that.

Keith Moon killed his bodyguard. Jim Gordon killed his mum. Hugh Whittaker from the Housemartins attacked someone with an axe and set fire to their house.

All part of a days work for a rock drummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Hopefully it is slane and puts an end to the years of speculation

Anyway won't be til 2022 or God knows when

You bought tickets for The Who didn't you?

ozzy jr wrote: »
    You bought tickets for The Who didn't you?

Yeah and the thing will bloody never happen

Excited to see what shot in the dark will sound like

Excited to see what shot in the dark will sound like

It'll sound like AC/DC. There won't be any surprises. It's like a paint-by-numbers at this stage...and I'll still buy the album when it comes out!

It'll sound like AC/DC. There won't be any surprises. It's like a paint-by-numbers at this stage...and I'll still buy the album when it comes out!

Exactly, AC/DC are like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was anyone expecting them to come out with an operatic prog metal concept album?

People sneer at bands who stick to a set formula their entire career and whinge if they do something completely different, one of those situations where you can't win, after all the drama surrounding ROB I'm delighted to get another album out of them, don't think anyone is deluded enough to think it'll be anywhere near their 77-80 heyday, but it's something to look forward to, if it's on the same level as SUL/BI then I'd be happy with that.

Album is now set for Friday, November 13th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Here's the full song, I would say those teaser clips ruined it, would have prefered to hear the full thing without them, it does sound a bit like Play Ball, and the solo bit is taken from Dog Eat Dog, looking at the tracklisting, Demon's Spell, No Man's Land and Through the Mists of Time look more like Iron Maiden song titles, no 'Rock' or 'Rock n Roll' in the song titles this time.

Advertisement