Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby sunglasses

Options
  • 15-04-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

With the good weather coming in (particularly today) I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get baby sunglasses, and hopefully not online, or actually are they ok for a young baby, my little guy is 13 weeks, but when I was out for a walk yesterday, he was in his pram and was being blinded by the sun, and I don't want to block his view with a blanket as he wants to look out and I want to see him too.

Any suggestions/ideas would be great.

I saw a brand called baby banz but only online and quite expensive too.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

With the good weather coming in (particularly today) I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get baby sunglasses, and hopefully not online, or actually are they ok for a young baby, my little guy is 13 weeks, but when I was out for a walk yesterday, he was in his pram and was being blinded by the sun, and I don't want to block his view with a blanket as he wants to look out and I want to see him too.

Any suggestions/ideas would be great.

I saw a brand called baby banz but only online and quite expensive too.

I used an umbrella over the pram when they were very little ,2 of mine would happily do with out the sunshine .

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I used an umbrella over the pram when they were very little ,2 of mine would happily do with out the sunshine .

Jesus I never even thought of an umbrella ha, thanks a mill! Serious baby brain, and here's me thinking "what could I use to block the sun"

Off to baby elegance I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Jesus I never even thought of an umbrella ha, thanks a mill! Serious baby brain, and here's me thinking "what could I use to block the sun"

Off to baby elegance I go.

Argos have the umbrellas for about €12 too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I never thought about it until we were on holidays in France with the 1st and another person gave us theirs when they were leaving:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Mothercare do a baby shade thing aswell, can't remember the brand name. It's about €40 though, couldn't find it cheaper online.
    I used it all last summer. It's a mesh cover that suits all buggies. Keeps the sun out but baby can still see out. Keeps insects out too if you're on holidays. Also suitable on windy days when umbrellas are often blown away.

• Advertisement

http://www.babytravelshop.ie/sun-protection-for-babies.html have a few things too. I find their prices high but they appear to have a sale on and good for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

I used a parasol or a sun hat. Both are perfect remedies and still allow bubs to have a good nosey around.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I always just used a sunhat and parasol for my little one.

Now she is 2 she wears sunglasses....all the time even when it's cloudy (which granted isn't very often here). Little diva :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I bought this sunshade last year when we were going on holidays with our 5 month old. I liked that it had a front panel which you could unzip she so wasn't always hidden underneath it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shade---Babe-Buggy-Sunshade-Black/dp/B000REHZCK/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1397632185&sr=1-1&keywords=outlook+shade-a-babe

Thankfully both of mine always had loads of hair because they both refuse to keep hats on.

Advertisement