Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

jrobertos wrote: »
    Make sure ye have original leaving cert results. Few lads had issues today with copies or results they got from schools

they should be refused an interview on that basis

how people can go unprepared is beyond me

and anyone who is late should be refused at the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Make sure ye have original leaving cert results. Few lads had issues today with copies or results they got from schools

Sorry, this has me worried. The lc they're looking for is the white and gray one (A4 sized) that we got from our school on the day of lc results? because that's the only one I ever got.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Bart Mars

Rothmans wrote: »
    Sorry, this has me worried. The lc they're looking for is the white and gray one (A4 sized) that we got from our school on the day of lc results? because that's the only one I ever got.

Is it not the official cert you get from the Dept of Education posted out a few weeks post the school results sheet???

Bart Mars wrote: »
    Is it not the official cert you get from the Dept of Education posted out a few weeks post the school results sheet???

Did my lc in 2009, and we were never issued with one other than the one on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Did my lc in 2009, and we were never issued with one other than the one on the day.

Did mine in 2009 as well and don't remember getting any other results either. All I have is the white and grey sheet you get on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gally2

Rushden wrote: »
    Did mine in 2009 as well and don't remember getting any other results either. All I have is the white and grey sheet you get on the day

Same here, did the LC in 2009 and only got the white and grey one

• Registered Users Posts: 10 piercemc08

So I was 5 mins late getting into the interview as I'm a maintenance manager in a hotel and got called in on my day off, so upsetting...they made it into a competency though and said I'm responsible in my work etc as I'm on call 24/7. Should I just accept I've failed and move on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

piercemc08 wrote: »
    So I was 5 mins late getting into the interview as I'm a maintenance manager in a hotel and got called in on my day off, so upsetting...they made it into a competency though and said I'm responsible in my work etc as I'm on call 24/7. Should I just accept I've failed and move on?

No, you may get through anyway but because of the numbers involved I've been treating every stage as a bonus anyway, plan ahead without it either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

Gally2 wrote: »
    Same here, did the LC in 2009 and only got the white and grey one

To get the official cert you have to get onto examinations.ie and order it but it takes a few weeks to get it sent out. Might be able to speed it up if you tell them the reason that you want it for. I only got mine this year after my Dad kept plaguing me to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

It's A4 size. White grey green colour I think. They were taking them but said to get proper ones from the department cause they would b on to people again to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

Might work in ur favour. Ur dependable and that other stuff

It's A4 size. White grey green colour I think. They were taking them but said to get proper ones from the department cause they would b on to people again to get them

So basically the longer you leave it go without handing in the original the more likely you are to be in the intake in October and not July? [supposing you are successful]

Yeah I'm proud of myself for getting this far anyway. Just so annoyed with myself that I didn't get the job finished quicker I guess as the rest of the interview went great! Ah sure, I thought I failed the report writing on the last stage when I didn't get the 1st witness surname and got placed 120 so ye never know I guess. Gd luck to everyone anyway and whoever gets through congrats!!!

Yeah I'm proud of myself for getting this far anyway. Just so annoyed with myself that I didn't get the job finished quicker I guess as the rest of the interview went great! Ah sure, I thought I failed the report writing on the last stage when I didn't get the 1st witness surname and got placed 120 so ye never know I guess. Gd luck to everyone anyway and whoever gets through congrats!!!

I'm the exact same. I thought I failed my report writing too!

I have mine tomorrow now, can't wait to get it done!

Good luck! Just don't be late like this eejit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Just went onto the state examinations website and if you did the leaving between 2006 and 2011 you can order the certificate of results for free. http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=exr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Best of luck ShodenMcClane. And to any boardsies who have yet to do it. I'll be praying for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Best of luck tomorrow Shoden. We'll be thinking about you. Let us know how you feel when you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Good luck mate you'll rock it.
    Let us know how you feel it went afterwards!

Ha, wasn't expecting all the good wishes. I thought everyone on this thread was doing the interview.

Thanks everybody, and best of luck with yours everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

just to confirm . Is there 600 through to stage 4 which is the interview ?

Copaholic wrote: »
    just to confirm . Is there 600 through to stage 4 which is the interview ?

I thought it was 300? If its 600 then 300 to be chopped... its 300 being taken on i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

I thought it was 300? If its 600 then 300 to be chopped... its 300 being taken on i believe

Just slightly over 300 as far as i kno

To the best of my knowledge there is between 320-350 (judging by the fact that the highest seen on board was about 307) through to the interview so far from the english stream. We don't know how many people will go through other than they expect a class of 105 to start at the end of July, around 94 of which will come from the english stream. That's all we know for definite at the moment, as far as I know. Anything else is just speculation as far as I can tell.

On a side note, no one seems to know how many people got through to interview from the Irish stream.

How are they get 10 odd recruits from 300 interviews ?

sorry I meant 100 recruits

I'm not sure I understand your question...

if there are 300being interviewed then usually 1 in 5 is successful. this would be less than 100 recruits from band 1

I'm not sure I understand your question...

Same here. They want at least a hundred. I'd say the pass rates for these interviews will be in excess of 50%.

if there are 300being interviewed then usually 1 in 5 is successful. this would be less than 100 recruits from band 1

Usually one in two is successful at interview.

• Advertisement

ok that's a high pass rate at interview. which brings me on to my other question...where are the next recruits going to be plucked from will they be from s band 2 and not 600-3000 groups of band 1

ok that's a high pass rate at interview. which brings me on to my other question...where are the next recruits going to be plucked from will they be from s band 2 and not 600-3000 groups of band 1

I would presume the top 100 go in in July and the next 100 go in in October/ Nov?

I agree but where do the 100 going in the end of the come from ie band 2 or the remainders in band 1 600-3000?

I agree but where do the 100 going in the end of the come from ie band 2 or the remainders in band 1 600-3000?

They'll hardly skip the rest of band one tbh to get to band two.

was it not the 600 who only progressed and the 600-3000 failed to progress ?

was it not the 600 who only progressed and the 600-3000 failed to progress ?

No, 3000 - 5000 failed to progress. The 600 - 3000 are just waiting, like band 2.

Thanks Rothmans for clearing that up.
    As a result would it appear that they will go through 600 to 3000 (band 1) in bunches of 600 like they did with the first 600. if that's the case it will take a while before they reach band 2. what are your thoughts

As a result would it appear that they will go through 600 to 3000 (band 1) in bunches of 600 like they did with the first 600. if that's the case it will take a while before they reach band 2. what are your thoughts

I have no idea. But Alan Shatter said that this drive was to supply trainee gardaí over the next 3 years. But, now that he's gone, God only knows!

My thoughts are that the creme of the crop of the 320 getting interviewed will make up the class in July, there really is no other option at this stage with the timeframes involved.

After that, there will be another amount of people deemed to have passed but not good enough to make the top 100. These will form part of the panel for the October class (still no confirmation there will be an October class) that panel will be fleshed out by more people being tested/interviewed from band 1 600-3000. and so on over the next two to three years.

Mycro might even get a look in as things progress. That's how I see things going.

• Advertisement

My thoughts are that the creme of the crop of the 320 getting interviewed will make up the class in July, there really is no other option at this stage with the timeframes involved.

After that, there will be another amount of people deemed to have passed but not good enough to make the top 100. These will form part of the panel for the October class (still no confirmation there will be an October class) that panel will be fleshed out by more people being tested/interviewed from band 1 600-3000. and so on over the next two to three years.

Mycro might even get a look in as things progress. That's how I see things going.

They are only taking 100-105 in July though?

They are only taking 100-105 in July though?

Yeah, that's what they told us at the orientation.

Yeah, that's what they told us at the orientation.

How are you set for your interview tomorrow?

How are you set for your interview tomorrow?

I think well, but it's hard to tell! Best laid plans and all that! I've no idea really. I've been working on it and the background check form so much over the last few weeks that I'll be happy to have it done with tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to celebrate with a few cold ones tomorrow evening!

I think well, but it's hard to tell! Best laid plans and all that! I've no idea really. I've been working on it and the background check form so much over the last few weeks that I'll be happy to have it done with tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to celebrate with a few cold ones tomorrow evening!

Best of luck anyway and have a cold one for me

Well good luck to you. I'll have to hold off on the celebratory drink until I've mine done.

Again, the best of luck to ya!

• Advertisement

Well good luck to you. I'll have to hold off on the celebratory drink until I've mine done.

Again, the best of luck to ya!

Cheers, when are you up?

Cheers, when are you up?

Mid-week, next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Best of luck gents

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Best of luck to everyone, have mine next week.... Nervous is an understatement!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

2 quick questions about the vetting form.

What exactly does "Hospitalised" mean. Do you put every visit you ever had to A&E, any overnight stays or what?

Also for the spare time activities section, do you only put things down if you were actually in a club. It's a vetting form, not an application form so I assume they don't care about hobbies and stuff unless I'm actually in a club?

• Advertisement
Advertisement