Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Christ, I thought I did well coming out but the longer this wait goes on the more and more I'm replaying all the mistakes from the interview in my head, and the more I think I might have failed. Anyone else feel the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Christ, I thought I did well coming out but the longer this wait goes on the more and more I'm replaying all the mistakes from the interview in my head, and the more I think I might have failed. Anyone else feel the same?

Don't think that way pal, what's done is done, no point in mulling it over - it will only make the wait longer and worse. I believe that knowing how an interview went is one of the hardest things to try and think about, because generally, we are self critical.

Try forget about it, and think of the achievement of getting this far.

What happens happens - now back to my own prep! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I just got Form B emailed to me. I thought we were supposed to include details of all our first cousins, but it's just looking for aunts and uncles. Is that right or am I missing a section?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

jrobertos wrote: »
    Will be the end of the month officially. Was told to ring garda hq end of next week. They might be able to tell u how u did.

Is there any truth in this?? Has anyone rang them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I think mine went well and the interviewers were all very nice, but the more i think about it and read this thread i feel my job experience and lack of college lets me down and will go against me. But i cant do any more at this stage.

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    I think mine went well and the interviewers were all very nice, but the more i think about it and read this thread i feel my job experience and lack of college lets me down and will go against me. But i cant do any more at this stage.

It's tricky for people who are in college or havent worked much to have strong competencies. Im sure you did fine though. Best of luck

Archer3083 wrote: »
    I just got Form B emailed to me. I thought we were supposed to include details of all our first cousins, but it's just looking for aunts and uncles. Is that right or am I missing a section?

Yes, that's correct. Just aunts and uncles.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Yes, that's correct. Just aunts and uncles.
    Thanks for that. It seems I pestered my first cousins for nothing. Better safe than sorry sure! At least I have all the info now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jimjoebob09

Just filling out my interview form and I'm just a bit confused.. Regarding the competences/skill areas, are we Spose to put the situations on the form? Getting a bit frazzled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Shoden, just don't think too much about it would be my advice. You can never tell with competency based interviews. I've come out of competency-based thinking I aced it, only to be given a PFO. Likewise, I've come out of others thinking I made a balls of it only to be offered a job. You just can't tell tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 How banal...

Ah here, I know how you feel Shoden. I felt very disappointed leaving the interview in the first place though. I lost the ability to speak coherently! Just hoping enough good points were made to showcase my abilities and potential.

It is impossible to stop thinking about the interview. In one respect I can't wait to get the results but in another it's good to know I'm still in the race...

Longest wait yet. Goodluck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

I lost the ability to speak coherently!.

not good!:(

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 How banal...

Yeah, nerves got the better of me. I'm very happy with myself having reached this stage in the first place and it's all good experience. Looking on the bright side!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yeah, nerves got the better of me. I'm very happy with myself having reached this stage in the first place and it's all good experience. Looking on the bright side!!

I'm sure you were fine, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Ah here, I know how you feel Shoden. I felt very disappointed leaving the interview in the first place though. I lost the ability to speak coherently! Just hoping enough good points were made to showcase my abilities and potential.

It is impossible to stop thinking about the interview. In one respect I can't wait to get the results but in another it's good to know I'm still in the race...

Longest wait yet. Goodluck folks.

Listen, most people are feeling the exact same way as you, including myself! It's so easy to look at all the negatives of what happened during the interview when you are waiting for the results, all that is going through my head right now are all the mistakes I think I made. This is definitely the hardest wait yet, let's just hope we won't be waiting too long to hear back.

Keep yourselves busy ladies/gents... Time will go by faster!

And best of luck to everyone, be proud of yourselves that you have gotten this far... It's a huge achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

Hey folks, I have my interview today. I genuinely can't wait to have it out of the way! I think i'll feel about a stone lighter this evening ;-) Anyone have an idea of when the medical / fitness tests will begin? The bleep test is a killer! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Hey folks, I have my interview today. I genuinely can't wait to have it out of the way! I think i'll feel about a stone lighter this evening ;-) Anyone have an idea of when the medical / fitness tests will begin? The bleep test is a killer! :-P

Also have mine today. I was so calm yesterday. Nerves kicking in now.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Good luck to all today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hareton

Not long out of my interview now. Relieved is not the word.

• Advertisement

Hareton wrote: »
    Not long out of my interview now. Relieved is not the word.

Great feeling, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

When is last interview date? Anyone ask this question???

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

English interviews over on May 20th.

Interview done. Absolutely delighted it's all over.

Think it went well. Interview board were pretty nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Is there any truth in this?? Has anyone rang them??

I did my interview two weeks ago so I thought I'd chance my arm and gave the aoppointments office a ring today. I was told PAS will be giving out the results and I was given their contact number :( She did'nt know when results would be out. Ah well, and couple of weeks waiting so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

I was told today I'll probably hear around the 26th if I passed and medicals will be mid June starting around the 10th

Rushden wrote: »
    I was told today I'll probably hear around the 26th if I passed and fitness tests will be mid June starting around the 10th

Medical is first isnt it?? if theyre stuck for time theyll be doing medical and physical only a week or so apart i would assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Medical is first isnt it?? if theyre stuck for time theyll be doing medical and physical only a week or so apart i would assume.

Yeah I edited my post to say medical instead of fitness, yeah she said we'll be busy mid June to end of June if we pass because that's when the medical, fitness and meeting with the super will all happen

Rushden wrote: »
    Yeah I edited my post to say medical instead of fitness, yeah she said we'll be busy mid June to end of June if we pass because that's when the medical, fitness and meeting with the super will all happen

Fair play you got a fair bit of info. Thanks! I didnt realise they were still doing meetings with the supers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Cant wait for the result

would love to get the news next week

I wonder if they'll be by post with our leaving cert results or online.

BRB wrote: »
    Interview done. Absolutely delighted it's all over.

Think it went well. Interview board were pretty nice.

Ya ya, overall I'm reasonably happy with how it went. I felt one or two questions I rambled on and was a bit too vague. Anyone else here get that feeling? Other than that I thought it went quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

Chem Lord wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll be by post with our leaving cert results or online.

I did my interview on the first day and got my leaving cert back last week so the results won't come in the post with the cert

I did my interview on the first day and got my leaving cert back last week so the results won't come in the post with the cert

I'd say it was pretty nerve-wrecking opening that letter hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

Chem Lord wrote: »
    I'd say it was pretty nerve-wrecking opening that letter hahaha

Nah I recognised my own writing on the envelope so it was all good

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »
    Ya ya, overall I'm reasonably happy with how it went. I felt one or two questions I rambled on and was a bit too vague. Anyone else here get that feeling? Other than that I thought it went quite well.

Unfortunately I felt that's how my whole interview went

I did my interview two weeks ago so I thought I'd chance my arm and gave the aoppointments office a ring today. I was told PAS will be giving out the results and I was given their contact number :( She did'nt know when results would be out. Ah well, and couple of weeks waiting so!

What people used to do was ring Garda HQ to find out whether they passed or failed, rather than the PAS.

Hareton wrote: »
    Unfortunately I felt that's how my whole interview went

Ah no. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. Where do you think you fell down, out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

What people used to do was ring Garda HQ to find out whether they passed or failed, rather than the PAS.

That's who I did ring, the appointments office in Garda HQ.

Ah no. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. Where do you think you fell down, out of interest?

Ah just think a lot of the answers I gave were too generalised and there were some I couldn't answer. Can't really say more without giving too much away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I had the interview this morning.
    I think it went well enough.
    The interviews were really friendly and it was fairly relaxed.
    One or two times I couldn't think of an answer but they'd cut straight in after a second or two with another question so there was none of them long akward silences that happen in a lot of interviews.

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    I had the interview this morning.
    I think it went well enough.
    The interviews were really friendly and it was fairly relaxed.
    One or two times I couldn't think of an answer but they'd cut straight in after a second or two with another question so there was none of them long akward silences that happen in a lot of interviews.

It's such a blur tbh. I tell myself not to think back on it, but I can't help it haha. But where that 40 minutes went I just don't know.

It's such a blur tbh. I tell myself not to think back on it, but I can't help it haha. But where that 40 minutes went I just don't know.

Exactly how I felt about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

The relief of the interview being over was short-lived! The interview was a blur at first but I keep remembering things I said that I maybe shouldn't cause they weren't very strong answers and things I should've said that I didn't even get the chance to! :-(

The 40mins were a blink

the postmortem i carried out on what i said has been ongoing since i left the room

should be grand tho

• Registered Users Posts: 23 board_stupid

It's my big day tomorrow. I won't be getting much sleep tonight through nerves and revision/additional preparation. It's been so hard to juggle with final college exams but I have done my best to show that as a competency, so hopefully I can turn this negative situation into a positive and make a good go of it. Regardless, congratulations to all who have gotten this far, and I wish all of you the very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

best of luck tomorrow, give it that last push your nearly there

It's my big day tomorrow. I won't be getting much sleep tonight through nerves and revision/additional preparation. It's been so hard to juggle with final college exams but I have done my best to show that as a competency, so hopefully I can turn this negative situation into a positive and make a good go of it. Regardless, congratulations to all who have gotten this far, and I wish all of you the very best of luck.

Best bet is trying to walk in there calm. I did so much preparation through out 2 weeks and studying for college exams.
    Didn't do anything the night before or the morning of my interview. Just used the time to try and relax.

Best of luck, hope it goes well for you in both!

BRB wrote: »
    Best bet is trying to walk in there calm. I did so much preparation through out 2 weeks and studying for college exams.
    Didn't do anything the night before or the morning of my interview. Just used the time to try and relax.

Best of luck, hope it goes well for you in both!

I was the same, if your not prepared by then your never going to be prepared!

Had a big hearty relaxing breakfast and then headed in

cool - calm

enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

Is it true the board cant ask questions about current affairs??

• Advertisement
Advertisement