Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

I don't want to come across as too arrogant but I also feel I nailed the interview. It was certainly the best interview I've given and if I was to have failed it at least I know there was nothing else I could have done, gave it 100%.

Roll on the 26th for results!!

I know what you mean in a way. Im more confident in my interview than i was in all of the aptitude tests because i wasnt naturally good at those at all and i had a lot of very strong competencies prepared for the interview. It's hard to tell how you did in an interview though and how you came accross.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Is the 26th a confirmed date for results or speculation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

BRB wrote: »
    Is the 26th a confirmed date for results or speculation?

When I asked in the interview, I was told the 26th so it defo must be the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

do they actually ask you about all competencies given? I presume interpersonal is demonstrated throughout the interview.

timmy99 wrote: »
    do they actually ask you about all competencies given? I presume interpersonal is demonstrated throughout the interview.

Prepare them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

Sorry but where would I find the info on the training course and the subjects in Templemore, seached email and P.J to no avail. Cheers

timmy99 wrote: »
    Sorry but where would I find the info on the training course and the subjects in Templemore, seached email and P.J to no avail. Cheers

The original familiarisation booklet. You should be able to google it. They wont ask you about it anyway but i suppose its worth knowing what the subjects are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Win lose or draw I'm getting drunk next Monday.

The waiting is starting to get to me.... Also the lack of anything to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

The waiting is starting to get to me.... Also the lack of anything to discuss.
    How about that weather?.....

• Advertisement

It's ****, like this wait!

Crawling up the walls here! Anyone have any luck ringing hq? Or has anyone else had an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Rothmans wrote: »
    Crawling up the walls here! Anyone have any luck ringing hq? Or has anyone else had an interview?

Occupying myself in the gym and trying to keep my mind off it is about all I can do. Last interviews are tomorrow for English so we'll get word soon I reckon.

teaisgreat wrote: »
    Occupying myself in the gym and trying to keep my mind off it is about all I can do. Last interviews are tomorrow for English so we'll get word soon I reckon.

Gym and running. Can only do those for so long throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

I've was asked today to send a form of id to PAS so that they can photocopy it. Anyone else get a similar call or know what it's for?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

I've was asked today to send a form of id to PAS so that they can photocopy it. Anyone else get a similar call or know what it's for?

I had a missed call earlier last 3 digits 542 ..it was a dublin number so presuming it was them! No reply now unfortunately hmmm

Did you not bring photo I.D with you on the day of your interview?

How many people got this call? I'm worried that I didn't...

Chem Lord wrote: »
    Did you not bring photo I.D with you on the day of your interview?

I brought my passport but I wasn't asked for it at all

• Advertisement

Ah that's ok. I was asked for mine on the day. It was probably just for people that they forgot to ask so!

The lady at the desk asked for mine as far as I remember. I'd say it's good news however if they are asking for it off you now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Just looking for proof of ID...They used my drivers license on the day of the interview. Nothing to be worried about.

Chem Lord wrote: »
    The lady at the desk asked for mine as far as I remember. I'd say it's good news however if they are asking for it off you now :)
    Ya I'm taking it as good news anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Coppers?

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Coppers?

I won't be in Dublin. Maybe my kitchen.

• Advertisement

I won't be in Dublin. Maybe my kitchen.

Ill bring the buckfast

Did anyone have any issues with their original leaving cert? Apparently if you did yours between 2006-2011 we never got original certs and you have to apply for them. Did my interview two and a half weeks ago nd PAS rang me last week so i had to go get the original and send it to them.

Actually, speaking of that. I did mine on the 9th and I still haven't received my leaving cert back. Is anyone else in the same position?

Actually, speaking of that. I did mine on the 9th and I still haven't received my leaving cert back. Is anyone else in the same position?

I only got mine back two or three days ago and i did mine way before that so i'd say yours will be the end of this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

Santa Cruz banned for one week. Keep it civil lads.

Please don't reply to this message or to Santa Cruz as doing so will be deemed discussion of moderation and/or off topic and may result in cards.

Please continue to use the report post function if you feel a post breaches the charter :)

Thanks

-KERSPLAT!

• Advertisement

Out of a matter of interest, how did you feel your interview went?

Out of a matter of interest, how did you feel your interview went?

Not to sound cocky but I'm pretty sure I nailed it. Spoke nice and clearly, answered all the questions, dug myself out of a hole on one question, showed plenty of teamwork and made the board laugh

Not to sound cocky but I'm pretty sure I nailed it. Spoke nice and clearly, answered all the questions, dug myself out of a hole on one question, showed plenty of teamwork and made the board laugh

Sounds good!

There was one area where I thought I might have fallen down, but I think I probably displayed that competency over other examples, if you know what I mean. I hope they don't just mark you on each competency as they go along. i.e. I hope they wait until the end and discuss your overall performance, and that there might be a bit of give and take to allow for a certain degree of compensation between competencies, if you know what I'm trying to say?

Sounds good!

There was one area where I thought I might have fallen down, but I think I probably displayed that competency over other examples, if you know what I mean. I hope they don't just mark you on each competency as they go along. i.e. I hope they wait until the end and discuss your overall performance, and that there might be a bit of give and take to allow for a certain degree of compensation between competencies, if you know what I'm trying to say?

Ya I know what you mean. I'd say each member of the board will mark each competency and then they will come to a general agreement at the end. Also some of the competencies overlap so surely they will make allowance for that. Like you might mention something about serving the public while talking about personal effectiveness and you would hope that the Board would take note of that for when you deal with the serving the public competency. Although this is merely just speculation on my part.

Ya I know what you mean. I'd say each member of the board will mark each competency and then they will come to a general agreement at the end. Also some of the competencies overlap so surely they will make allowance for that. Like you might mention something about serving the public while talking about personal effectiveness and you would hope that the Board would take note of that for when you deal with the serving the public competency. Although this is merely just speculation on my part.

I hope so ha

Oh, I wonder do they take the interview form into account too, because from what I've seen, some boards draw heavily from the form while others don't refer to it at all, which would make you wonder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 D Weasel

My sister isn't a boards user but she is bouncing off the ceiling waiting for the results !

D Weasel wrote: »
    My sister isn't a boards user but she is bouncing off the ceiling waiting for the results !

Today last day for english stream? Results are around the corner if so

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

OK so I had my interview. I know what everyone means by walking out crazy confident then analysing every last last word I said and thinking crap. But anyway I heard from a very reliable source that nearly 80% of the people doing the interview are passing it and if it was any other recruitment drive we would all be in the guards but seeing as they are only taking on such a low number it had to be in order of merit so there is no way anyone can get there results until everyone is finished (including the Irish seeing as they will make up 7% if not more of the 105 as well) but that would just be my guess.

r_k.com wrote: »
    OK so I had my interview. I know what everyone means by walking out crazy confident then analysing every last last word I said and thinking crap. But anyway I heard from a very reliable source that nearly 80% of the people doing the interview are passing it and if it was any other recruitment drive we would all be in the guards but seeing as they are only taking on such a low number it had to be in order of merit so there is no way anyone can get there results until everyone is finished (including the Irish seeing as they will make up 7% if not more of the 105 as well) but that would just be my guess.

I heard it was closer to 70%, whoever's right though that's between 224 and 256 people passing (based on 320 people doing interviews, not including Irish stream). What kind of % do people think will fail any one of physical/medical/background? If we say around 20% will fail any one of them that sill leaves between 179 and 205 people passing for 95 jobs (again not including Irish stream). They'd almost have / already have enough for the two classes.

P.s Feel free to call me out on the maths or to debate the figures I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

I heard it was only 30 percent lads, who knows??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 D Weasel

I heard it was closer to 70%, whoever's right though that's between 224 and 256 people passing (based on 320 people doing interviews, not including Irish stream). What kind of % do people think will fail any one of physical/medical/background? If we say around 20% will fail any one of them that sill leaves between 179 and 205 people passing for 95 jobs (again not including Irish stream). They'd almost have / already have enough for the two classes.

At this stage can only see 1 or 2 % fail medical physical etc

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Pass rate is between 70-80%. There will be 250 or so left for stage 5/6. I don't believe fail rate will be anything like 20%.. more like 5%. Medical is standard enough and I have seen some unfit people pass the physical in previous years! Also they want to pass you so anyone on the borderline will get through. So this leaves us with 230 people place in order of merit. 105 in July, 105 in October. Remaining 20 or so left on panel for Dec/Jan intake. In the mean time 600 of the 601-3000 group will be brought forward and process starts again. I see them bringing forward these people in groups of 600 to assessment centre until group is exhausted. Then if retirements are higher than expected they may increase numbers and bring forward the original band 2 to stage 2.

octigen wrote: »
    Pass rate is between 70-80%. There will be 250 or so left for stage 5/6. I don't believe fail rate will be anything like 20%.. more like 5%. Medical is standard enough and I have seen some unfit people pass the physical in previous years! Also they want to pass you so anyone on the borderline will get through. So this leaves us with 230 people place in order of merit. 105 in July, 105 in October. Remaining 20 or so left on panel for Dec/Jan intake. In the mean time 600 of the 601-3000 group will be brought forward and process starts again. I see them bringing forward these people in groups of 600 to assessment centre until group is exhausted. Then if retirements are higher than expected they may increase numbers and bring forward the original band 2 to stage 2.

They are really pushed for time. I would have thought order of merit is out the window and it would be a matter of background checks coming back quick enough for July intake.

I'd be worried that if I was placed at lets say around 180 and around 100 got in that while I'm waiting for the next intake sitting 80th that 600 more people would be tested and 80 people would end up in front of me again and I'd be in 160th etc etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I'd be worried that if I was placed at lets say around 180 and around 100 got in that while I'm waiting for the next intake sitting 80th that 600 more people would be tested and 80 people would end up in front of me again and I'd be in 160th etc etc...

+1. That's my fear aswell. Based on how they've selected people to advance so far, its a real possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

It’s all very hard to know people, pass/fail rates, are these guesses or from “reliable sources”?

I’d imagine they mark you on your competencies throughout the interview, there’d be a minimum pass mark to hit in each competency, at the end they may discuss you and your performance and come to a combined decision on whether you’re suited or not.. That would seem to make the most sense to me anyway.. But again, this is just my two cents, I’d have no idea on how many or what percentage are passing/failing the interview.

I suppose it’s in their interest to pass as many as possible, but if 80% of the candidates aren’t suitable or meeting their requirements, then they can’t just pass because they need the numbers, I would take all these pass/fail rates with a pinch of salt, it’s not like previous campaigns in my own opinion.

For my sake, I really hope that the pass rates are high – like a lot on here, I came out happy and relieved but then as you think on the interview, you analyse your performance and it’s natural to doubt yourself. I’m just going to use the power of positive thinking here until the results are out, what’s done is done.. Now let’s enjoy this time in limbo, when we can relax and know that we did a lot to get this far, and I suppose enjoy the thought that whether a good or bad result, we did ourselves proud to make it to the last 300 odd people from the original 25,000.

Well done everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Lads sorry to get off topic, but did everyone see that for the fitness test the speed increases 1 km per/hr every minute. I tried this last night and after 800 metres you will be running a velocity of 12km per/hr. Its a bit unsustainable.

Would i be right in thinking that they put down the wrong increase. most bleep tests are an increase of .5 km per/hr. Any ideas?

Well my source was pretty good but I don't want to reveal it for fear of getting someone in trouble!

On the plus side I had a dream last night and I placed 41st so I have that going for me at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

They are really pushed for time. I would have thought order of merit is out the window and it would be a matter of background checks coming back quick enough for July intake.

Your placed in order of merit and that decides when you go to Templemore. AGS trainee background checks will get priority over others and all should be back in time. Again 1-2% will fail in this area.

• Advertisement

Your placed in order of merit and that decides when you go to Templemore. AGS trainee background checks will get priority over others and all should be back in time. Again 1-2% will fail in this area.

Just to clarify, are you saying that 1-2% will fail at each of the three stage 5 tests or cumulitivly?

Advertisement