Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

newmug wrote: »
    +1. That's my fear aswell. Based on how they've selected people to advance so far, its a real possibility.

I dunno ye have alot of faith on how many people they are going to take on. I don't think there is enough money for all this and I think they will take on a novelty 105 and I'm not going to hold my breath for anything more after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Just to clarify, are you saying that 1-2% will fail at each of the three stage 5 tests or cumulitivly?

People who fail one of the PCT, Medical or Background check will be under 5% of the total number of people who pass interview.

r_k.com wrote: »
    I dunno ye have alot of faith on how many people they are going to take on. I don't think there is enough money for all this and I think they will take on a novelty 105 and I'm not going to hold my breath for anything more after that.

There is a chance you may be right but I think its unlikely. They cannot let the force drop below 13,000. In saying that If I am not in the top 100 I will be slightly disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

octigen wrote: »
    People who fail one of the PCT, Medical or Background check will be under 5% of the total number of people who pass interview.

You seem very confident on this, are you speculating or do you have some inside knowledge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Relax on the speculation youll only drive urselves mad

all will be revealed soon

• Advertisement

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Relax on the speculation youll only drive urselves mad

all will be revealed soon

You are, of course, right but I can't relax. Climbing up the walls. I was so relaxed at all the other stages because there was so many people I didn't think I had any chance in fandango of getting through the whole way. It's all very real now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

You are, of course, right but I can't relax. Climbing up the walls. I was so relaxed at all the other stages because there was so many people I didn't think I had any chance in fandango of getting through the whole way. It's all very real now though.

That's all true, but try take it handy and forget all about it (easier said than done), when the results come, they'll come, and that's all we can say. Throwing figures out, guessing, rumours etc - they don't help.. I know it's natural, just, in the past with other jobs i've gone for, doing things like that never ever helped, it dragged the process out and made the wait worse..

Enjoy your time

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

I'd be worried that if I was placed at lets say around 180 and around 100 got in that while I'm waiting for the next intake sitting 80th that 600 more people would be tested and 80 people would end up in front of me again and I'd be in 160th etc etc...
    I doubt that anybody from the second lot would be put ahead of anybody from our group if that happened. To say we got here in the first round would put us ahead of everyone from the next 600. That's what I reckon anyway.

You seem very confident on this, are you speculating or do you have some inside knowledge?

Granted I came across confident in last post. I should have said "in my opinion" as I am speculating.

I really don't think the figure will differ much from 5% though.

Anyway we just have to wait and see. So has anyone got anything concrete saying results issued on 26th or again is this speculation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I'd be worried that if I was placed at lets say around 180 and around 100 got in that while I'm waiting for the next intake sitting 80th that 600 more people would be tested and 80 people would end up in front of me again and I'd be in 160th etc etc...

I really doubt that'd happen. As someone else said, the first hundred in July, the second hundred in October, and any excess will go into the next class. Those who pass this round are essentially guaranteed a place at some stage imo.

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »
    I really doubt that'd happen. As someone else said, the first hundred in July, the second hundred in October, and any excess will go into the next class. Those who pass this round are essentially guaranteed a place at some stage imo.

I hope you're right but I have my worries!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

I have from a very reliable source again that july is the first then 18 weeks later and so on for intakes. Again though things can and sometimes do change.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 smc87

Sorry to be dragging this up again, I'm sure it's been answered already... Is the medical first, then fitness or is it other way around? I'm really anxious about the fitness, had no idea I would get this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 board_stupid

Hi guys and girls, who/what are the sources of those who said the results will be issued by PAS on 26th May? I was on the phone to Garda HRM today, and when I asked when results would be issued they said that they weren't sure, but they mentioned 3rd June as a possible issue date.

smc87 wrote: »
    Sorry to be dragging this up again, I'm sure it's been answered already... Is the medical first, then fitness or is it other way around? I'm really anxious about the fitness, had no idea I would get this far!

Either way there'll be a quick turnaround from one to the other, and your medical health and fitness are interdependent. You should be fine, hit the gym or use what facilities are available to you. Work on the push-ups and sit-ups and try some high intensity cardio.

Hi guys and girls, who/what are the sources of those who said the results will be issued by PAS on 26th May? I was on the phone to Garda HRM today, and when I asked when results would be issued they said that they weren't sure, but they mentioned 3rd June as a possible issue date.

It's been said to a few of us in interview for sure. Garda hq won't know for sure. Ring pas as it will be them who's releasing the results

Rothmans wrote: »
    It's been said to a few of us in interview for sure. Garda hq won't know for sure. Ring pas as it will be them who's releasing the results

Cheers! I thought the 26th seemed more likely, time is at an absolute premium and they've been able to mark each interview as they went along, rather than in a big batch like at the previous stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

I think the running of this competition is a bit of a shambles. From day one, nobody knows for sure what is going on, whether it be dates for results, how many candidates make it, when and exactly how many are each batch being taken for Templemore, just seems all very unprofessional to me. A quick example would be that I was told at my interview the results will be out the start of June, others were told 26th of May, another few were told ring Garda HQ the week after their interview. I mean come on, does anybody have any control over this competition??

Spoke to P.A.S., they don't have any "specific information", but it should be "not too long, they should be out within the next few weeks."

within the next few weeks."

That's code for "I just answer the phones and we haven't been told yet.", argh, more wait!!

• Advertisement

Either way there'll be a quick turnaround from one to the other, and your medical health and fitness are interdependent. You should be fine, hit the gym or use what facilities are available to you. Work on the push-ups and sit-ups and try some high intensity cardio.

I wish "should be" was a definite :)! Just been googling the bleep test, that's the only part I'm worried about, know I can do the push ups (girls ones!) and the sit ups, would imagine the push/pull thing will be okay too. Only worried about the bleep!

I wish "should be" was a definite :)! Just been googling the bleep test, that's the only part I'm worried about, know I can do the push ups (girls ones!) and the sit ups, would imagine the push/pull thing will be okay too. Only worried about the bleep!

The obstacle course is a bit of an unknown quantity too. Just in case you missed it though someone open up a thread specific to the physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Did my interview there today, happy with it and the prep seemed to pay off.I had them laughing a few times so thats a good sign. However you can never tell with an interview. I think I was probably the last of the english group as there was a few irish sitting at same time. Anyway best of luck to all and hopefully we will meet in templemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ItllBeGraaaand

Did anyone have any issues with their original leaving cert? Apparently if you did yours between 2006-2011 we never got original certs and you have to apply for them. Did my interview two and a half weeks ago nd PAS rang me last week so i had to go get the original and send it to them.

I'm in the same boat as you, had to apply for my original leaving cert from examinations.ie today. Just curious, how long did it take for them to send it out to you? It said in my confirmation email that it could take up to six weeks so I'm just wondering! Did you post it on to them then yeah? I'd be half tempted to drop it in to them myself because posting it out to them could take ages..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

I'm in the same boat as you, had to apply for my original leaving cert from examinations.ie today. Just curious, how long did it take for them to send it out to you? It said in my confirmation email that it could take up to six weeks so I'm just wondering! Did you post it on to them then yeah? I'd be half tempted to drop it in to them myself because posting it out to them could take ages..

Only took me 2 weeks to get it. Don't know where they came up with 6 weeks from. Also a nice phone call may speed up the process :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked. I've my interview coming up and I was just looking at the very bottom of application form B and it has room on the receipt for a "Station Stamp". Am I correct in thinking that the receipt at the end of that form is just going to be stamped during the interview and I'll get it then?
    Getting confused now as if I have to go to a station beforehand to get it filled in. I was always under the impression that I just print the form and bring it with me. Hoping some of you post-interviewees might be able to help. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked. I've my interview coming up and I was just looking at the very bottom of application form B and it has room on the receipt for a "Station Stamp". Am I correct in thinking that the receipt at the end of that form is just going to be stamped during the interview and I'll get it then?
    Getting confused now as if I have to go to a station beforehand to get it filled in. I was always under the impression that I just print the form and bring it with me. Hoping some of you post-interviewees might be able to help. Thanks!

No needs to fo to a station. Just fill in the form and bring it with thats all that needs to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Chirper wrote: »
    No needs to fo to a station. Just fill in the form and bring it with thats all that needs to be done

Chirper, thanks a million

At the end of my interview which was this week the lady told me that I would find out before the end of the month. So im presuming we will get news sometime next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ItllBeGraaaand

Shifty13 wrote: »
    Only took me 2 weeks to get it. Don't know where they came up with 6 weeks from. Also a nice phone call may speed up the process :D

2 weeks? :-/ That's still a long time, was hoping it'd be here by the end of the week ha. Would rather have it sent into them before the results come out.. That is of course, if they are out the 26th.. Thanks!

I wouldnt have any major fears over the bleep test. I have done bleep tests recently enough. Its an easy jog to about level 4. Handy enough to level 6/7. It begins to push you from there onwards however if you have some level of fitness it should be fine. You can download bleep tests on your smartphone and test yourself. Might give you peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

You can apply for a statement of results which is acceptable and that can take 2 weeks but if you ring them and explain they are pretty helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

I rang um with trans no straight away, got talking to yr one, had um next morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 D Weasel

timmy99 wrote: »
    I rang um with trans no straight away, got talking to yr one, had um next morning.

I cannot understand this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

D Weasel wrote: »
    I cannot understand this

I believe he is saying that he rang them. Gave them his transcript number. Got put through to whoever deals with issuing the certificates and had his the next day.

I think......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

I didn't even request it to come quicker and it came in 2 days. No harm in ringing them though I suppose!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

On a different note altogether, I had a look at the youtube clip for the fitness test. Somebody holds your feet during the sit-ups? Dafuq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

On a different note altogether, I had a look at the youtube clip for the fitness test. Somebody holds your feet during the sit-ups? Dafuq?

Much easier when someone is holding your feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Makes it easier! No reason for someone to fail that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

whoa

this place was a ghost town for so long and it has gone into abrupt meltdown in the past 24hours!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

timwynne wrote: »
    whoa

this place was a ghost town for so long and it has gone into abrupt meltdown in the past 24hours!!

Speculation and worry over results has turned us to this....

BRB wrote: »

AKA panic stations.

timwynne wrote: »
    whoa

AKA panic stations.

If its any consolation, going over past threads, boardsies have always been ahead of the curve, and with a 70 - 80 % pass rate we're surely shoo-ins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

totally understandable

yet hilarious all the same!

D Weasel wrote: »
    I cannot understand this

They called and had their results next day... It was the same for myself. I got on to a lady and explained the situation, next day they arrived! They're really helpful.. Just apply for them online, examinations.ie I think, and you get a code. Quote that when you call.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

I wonder will we get our results of the interview via email again? Also, are the medical and fitness tests separate to one another, as in, do you have to pass the medical first and then wait again to see if you're called for the fitness? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Just a quick question about form B.
    I had a few incomplete details on mine that I have to find.
    I was given a list straight after my interview but I can't remember how she told me to submit the details to them (It was straight after the interview so my mind wasn't all there). The form she gave me had an email address so I emailed the details yesterday evening. I haven't received a confirmation or anything so I just wanted to make sure I don't have to call or fax them.
    Did anyone else have to give more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I wonder will we get our results of the interview via email again? Also, are the medical and fitness tests separate to one another, as in, do you have to pass the medical first and then wait again to see if you're called for the fitness? Thanks.

Yes. After the interview I was told that if you were passed fit at the medical (In Phoenix park) you would be given details of the physical.
    The physical is going to be down in Templemore

Yes. Just send it to the email at the top right of the page she gave you. I had to forward on an address to them too. Didn't receive confirmation either. Don't worry, they'll contact you if they need you :-)

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    Yes. After the interview I was told that if you were passed fit at the medical (In Phoenix park) you would be given details of the physical.
    The physical is going to be down in Templemore

Great. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement