Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

really really cannot focus the last two days in work

the wait is killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Scouser wrote: »

the wait is killing me!

I was talking to PAS about a different matter today and I asked them if they had a date for the results yet and their long winded answer certainly didn't make it sound like they were coming out Monday. I'd say next week could be a long one as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

I was talking to PAS about a different matter today and I asked them if they had a date for the results yet and their long winded answer certainly didn't make it sound like they were coming out Monday. I'd say next week could be a long one as well!

Ah no doubt about it, plenty of tidying up to be done post interview

I wish they would hurry up and tell me Im through though

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

This may sound like a stupid question, but with regards to the 20m shuttle test that is done in the PCT, I'm guessing you start off at level one and work your way up through the different levels until you've completed level eight? You don't just start at level eight and are required to complete that level alone?

Not trying to get ahead of myself, just want to be prepared incase I do pass the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Chem Lord wrote: »
    This may sound like a stupid question, but with regards to the 20m shuttle test that is done in the PCT, I'm guessing you start off at level one and work your way up through the different levels until you've completed level eight? You don't just start at level eight and are required to complete that level alone?

Not trying to get ahead of myself, just want to be prepared incase I do pass the interview.

You work your way up the levels!

BRB wrote: »
    You work your way up the levels!

Cheers, that's what I thought. Went out tonight to do a practice test... it was a lot harder than I expected.

Just to let ye know. In the thread about the fitness stage Wilcoout mentioned that the bleep test has been done away with. If you have any questions about it, direct them to him there after reading what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Scouser wrote: »

the wait is killing me!

Haha, I know exactly what you mean! I'm checking both boards and my emails every hour just in case. We should know better but its hard to get your mind off it!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

There's a standard format to the beep test.
    See here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Just to let ye know. In the thread about the fitness stage Wilcoout mentioned that the bleep test has been done away with. If you have any questions about it, direct them to him there after reading what he said.

Im just sharing what I heard with my own ears at the induction lecture at stage 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 board_stupid

It's purgatory. I was initially very disappointed, but I realise that at the time I was a nervous, sleep-deprived wreck. I have no idea how I got on, I prepared very hard though so I hope that sees me through. Either way, it would be nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Publicjobs said just this morning that results won't be until early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

teaisgreat wrote: »
    Publicjobs said just this morning that results won't be until early June.

Was that irish stream??

Was that irish stream??

No for everyone. I think they may be releasing them together.

I don't understand, surely they mark them as they go? Are the last interviews for the Irish stream not tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Yeah each board would mark them as they go but wouldn't all the boards have to meet once the final lot of interviews are finished to decide in what order people are etc. A knowledable ex member mentioned to me that normally they try to mix candidates ie have ex amount of the top candidates, ex amount of the middle candidates and ex amount of the lower ranked candidates included in the first batch to go into Templemore. That might explain the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

The first intake is supposed to be on the 28th July. They're going to be under huge pressure to get background checks, medicals and physicals done in time to allow people to give a months notice to leave their current employment.

They already know who has passed the interview stage when you leave your interview. Background checks would be started from a very early stage. Only 120 or so physicals and Medicals will need to be completed in June to cover the first batch of intakes. Plenty of time to get it all done by the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

I would imagine background checks would be starting after the interview stage. Don't see why they would waste time doing background checks on applicants that may or may not pass the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

mickaleen wrote: »
    Yeah each board would mark them as they go but wouldn't all the boards have to meet once the final lot of interviews are finished to decide in what order people are etc. A knowledable ex member mentioned to me that normally they try to mix candidates ie have ex amount of the top candidates, ex amount of the middle candidates and ex amount of the lower ranked candidates included in the first batch to go into Templemore. That might explain the delay.

I hope that's not true as that would be very unfair. It could mean somebody who did worse than me at interview could be in the college ahead of me? The list is meant to be in 'order of merit' so I hope that is actually the case.

Also, June before results? I've already been waiting over 3 weeks! Where did you hear this teaisgreat? It doesn't say anything on publicjobs.ie

Talking to one of the nurses in the medical center in HQ a while back and she said they were told to be ready for medicals at end of May/early June. Tight timing however, I'd imagine the background checks have begun already. They know who passed the interview, they just need to finalize the order of merit - not reason to delay security checks.

• Advertisement

Chirper,

Once you leave your interview the board know if you have passed or not. The board will pass on the names/details of those who have passed to start with background checks. Does that make sense?

Chirper wrote: »
    I would imagine background checks would be starting after the interview stage. Don't see why they would waste time doing background checks on applicants that may or may not pass the interview.

Whoever passed will already be told to hq and they will already be doing background checks the last few weeks!

I hope that's not true as that would be very unfair. It could mean somebody who did worse than me at interview could be in the college ahead of me? The list is meant to be in 'order of merit' so I hope that is actually the case.

Also, June before results? I've already been waiting over 3 weeks! Where did you hear this teaisgreat? It doesn't say anything on publicjobs.ie

Talking to one of the nurses in the medical center in HQ a while back and she said they were told to be ready for medicals at end of May/early June. Tight timing however, I'd imagine the background checks have begun already. They know who passed the interview, they just need to finalize the order of merit - not reason to delay security checks.

I rang publicjobs this morning and asked them. I explained that on my interview day I was told to expect results around the 20th and she said no no results won't be released til early June.

I rang publicjobs this morning and asked them. I explained that on my interview day I was told to expect results around the 20th and she said no no results won't be released til early June.

Was it chapter house or the helpline you rang because that helpline is useless they dont know anything!

Was it chapter house or the helpline you rang because that helpline is useless they dont know anything!

Chapter house, and asked to be put through to the office in charge of the garda trainee recruitment.

Chapter house, and asked to be put through to the office in charge of the garda trainee recruitment.

That must be the official line so!! God that sucks. I did mine 3 weeks ago and thought it could be the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

mickaleen wrote: »

From a reliable source I heard They score you out of 60. 10 for each competency. Your total score indicates where you place on order of merit and therefore decides if you are in first intake or not. This is what I heard and it would make the most sense to do it this way imo.

Anyway it looks like the start of June which means we have another 10 days or so of constant speculation to keep us going! :)

I know it's not going to happen but they could at least just bloody tell us if we passed or not and then release the order of merit whenever they feel like it at their leisure.

Chirper wrote: »
    The first intake is supposed to be on the 28th July. They're going to be under huge pressure to get background checks, medicals and physicals done in time to allow people to give a months notice to leave their current employment.

I was told by the Garda rep before my interview that the date confirmed is the 21st of July. For the orientation week or something along those lines.

Unrelated to all this but I was told by a member I trust that AGS were informed very late in the day about recruitment by shatter and that they still don't have lectures and staff in place. Don't know how true it is but that's what I heard.

• Advertisement

They don't have to put it in order of merit. They could just as easily use the background checks that come back the quickest.

BRB wrote: »
    They don't have to put it in order of merit. They could just as easily use the background checks that come back the quickest.

They don't have to do anything but it was fairly explicit in the original familiarisation book that after stage 4 PAS would hand over to AGS HQ a panel in order of merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

I was told by a reliable source that Rte will be filming a reality TV show for the first class

the gateman also told me that pollys are doing a 2 for 1 pint deal during the induction week

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maryfrancis

I know it must be hell waiting for results of interview but think it's worse waiting to do it !

WilcoOut wrote: »
    I was told by a reliable source that Rte will be filming a reality TV show for the first class

the gateman also told me that pollys are doing a 2 for 1 pint deal during the induction week

Now that would be cool

WilcoOut wrote: »

Surely after so many years of having no recruits the first one is on the house!:P

They don't have to do anything but it was fairly explicit in the original familiarisation book that after stage 4 PAS would hand over to AGS HQ a panel in order of merit.

They can still hand over a panel in order of merit. Since the last stage is in the hands of AGS, they can scrap the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

But there's also a plus side. It could mean you're put in ahead of the people who did better than you...

mfergus wrote: »
    But there's also a plus side. It could mean you're put in ahead of the people who did better than you...

I seriously doubt that's going to happen. The only people that might get in with worse scores as far as I can see it are Irish stream people to fill the quota.

• Advertisement

I know it must be hell waiting for results of interview but think it's worse waiting to do it !

Is your interview over? Are all interviews now over?? Anyone in the Irish stream still left?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maryfrancis

Tues morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Got a phone call from pas just there looking for original leaving cert results and my passport. It my own fault for bringing the wrong leaving cert results but I cannot find any mention in any material I've been sent regarding the interview about having to bring my passport.can anyone correct me on this??

A drivers licence will do you. Its just a form of photo ID they are looking for.

Hareton wrote: »
    Got a phone call from pas just there looking for original leaving cert results and my passport. It my own fault for bringing the wrong leaving cert results but I cannot find any mention in any material I've been sent regarding the interview about having to bring my passport.can anyone correct me on this??

Iirc the familiarisation material stated that you had to bring id

Rothmans wrote: »
    Iirc the familiarisation material stated that you had to bring id

Ok thanks. Still don't see where. Just annoyed now that I have to travel back to Dublin just so they can photo copy my passport.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks. Still don't see where. Just annoyed now that I have to travel back to Dublin just so they can photo copy my passport.

Hopefully its a good sign if they want your stuff after the interview!!

It's in the email we received on the 24th of April.

Rothmans wrote: »
    It's in the email we received on the 24th of April.

Thank you. Got it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I rang the helpline today and you're right, they had no idea when the results would be out or how they would be released (via phone, email, post ect).

Anyone know when the last irish stream interview is?

• Advertisement
Advertisement