Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

I got an email from them today...

Sadly just looking for original copies of my LC and birth cert :(

Look at it this way, at least it wasn't to tell you you failed.

I presume you had that stuff with you on the day, is someone getting in **** up there, I wonder, for not photocopying a lot of this stuff on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

No wonder it's taking so long to give results if they're still chasing people down for things they should have had with them on the day of the interview! Perhaps they didn't factor in this! How ye don't have these sent in already, iv no idea! 🙈

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Look at it this way, at least it wasn't to tell you you failed.

I presume you had that stuff with you on the day, is someone getting in **** up there, I wonder, for not photocopying a lot of this stuff on the day?

Had my birth cert with me and it wasn't checked. Handed in what I thought was my original leaving results, but I guess not, so will have to request that now. Fingers crossed its a good sign.

teaisgreat wrote: »
    No wonder it's taking so long to give results if they're still chasing people down for things they should have had with them on the day of the interview! Perhaps they didn't factor in this! How ye don't have these sent in already, iv no idea! 🙈

As per my previous post, I had the documents with me on the day. I was only told today, almost a full month after my interview that they need more from me.

Had my birth cert with me and it wasn't checked. Handed in what I thought was my original leaving results, but I guess not, so will have to request that now. Fingers crossed its a good sign.

Ah, you were part of that unfortunate group between 07-11 (I think they were the years) that never got their cert?

No wonder all this **** is taking so long. Why the hell didn't they look at your birth cert like? What a joke.

• Advertisement

Yeah I did my LC during those years. The statement of results I got looks like an official document to me, but I guess they need something else. They could still issue the results of the interviews whilst waiting for the return of documents, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Ya they said results would still be issued but it would have to be in soon that you couldnt start templemore without it basically

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HungryMantis

Rang them this morning... Definitely no results until the start of June. Just gotta hang on in there I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

I got an email from them today...

Sadly just looking for original copies of my LC and birth cert :(

That has to be a good sign. Id imagine if you did bad in the interview they wouldn't bother asking for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

I was hoping, against my better judgment, that they might have been releasing the english stream results while still interviewing the irish stream.

I thought that was the end of the English steam and the Irish steam now we are all in the same boat. I know they have to have 7% Irish speaking but possibly more if they were better than people in the english stream. So realistically it could be any number of Irish speaking in the 105. So it makes sense that we have to wait until they are finished their interviews. Correct me if I'm wrong but if this is the case id say late next week is going to be the earliest we could hope for.

• Advertisement

r_k.com wrote: »
    I thought that was the end of the English steam and the Irish steam now we are all in the same boat. I know they have to have 7% Irish speaking but possibly more if they were better than people in the english stream. So realistically it could be any number of Irish speaking in the 105. So it makes sense that we have to wait until they are finished their interviews. Correct me if I'm wrong but if this is the case id say late next week is going to be the earliest we could hope for.

That makes perfect sense to me really, thank you.

The other thing to think about is that there are a few Irish speakers in the English stream too, as far as I'm aware it was only people who ticked the box for Irish but didn't make it into band 1 that made up the Irish stream. People who ticked the box and made band 1 stayed in the English stream as I understand it, so it could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

I had the same issue with the leaving cert results last week. Apparently some court case was taken in 2006 so everyone from 2006-2011 only got a copy of their results (in black and white) while it was being resolved. The original is the exact same document, only difference is that it is in colour.

To get it as quickly as possible, order it online from the Examinations Commissions website. I was told that I had to get the Statement of Results (there's a fee of €14.50 on that one, as opposed to the Cert of Results). When you order it you get a transaction number. Call the Examinations Commission, ask for the results section, and explain to them that you need it asap (they'll ask for your transaction number, name etc here). I told them that it was for the garda competition and they were very accommodating. It usually takes two weeks but when I explained the situation I got them in the post two days later.

I've just ordered the certificate of results which is free for those who did their leaving certificate between 2006-2011. Do I really need to pay for a statement of results which seems to be the backup document if you lose the certificate.

Here is the link for anyone else who needs these documents:
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=exr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I've just ordered the certificate of results which is free for those who did their leaving certificate between 2006-2011. Do I really need to pay for a statement of results which seems to be the backup document if you lose the certificate.

I think you need one or the other. I managed to wrangle my original lc the day before interview, and have had no issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

No you dot have to pay, the free ones come in 2 days aswel!

He real cert takes way way longer to get. Up to 5 weeks. And then theres a statement of provisional results which is the useless one we got originally. I'd suggest you order the statement of results and pay for it and then ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I paid for an original copy from examinations.ie and brought both with me, as far as i remember the receptionist took my orinigal black and white results and photocopied them. So maybe its a bad thing that i havent been contacted then.... Hmmmmm :rolleyes::o

He real cert takes way way longer to get. Up to 5 weeks. And then theres a statement of provisional results which is the useless one we got originally. I'd suggest you order the statement of results and pay for it and then ring them.

Mine came in two days. I didn't even ring them to speed things up, just ordered online. But ludvig, ringing up wouldn't do any harm

Carroller wrote: »
    I paid for an original copy from examinations.ie and brought both with me, as far as i remember the receptionist took my orinigal black and white results and photocopied them. So maybe its a bad thing that i havent been contacted then.... Hmmmmm :rolleyes::o

I doubt that tbh. In most cases, I think they are contacting people for forgotten documents (i.e. documents they forgot to photocopy)

Hate to be the bearer of bad news lads, but I got in touch with PAS for some clarification between 'certificate of results' vs 'statement of results' and I was told it is the "Statement of Results which comes at a fee" that is required.

• Advertisement

Hate to be the bearer of bad news lads, but I got in touch with PAS for some clarification between 'certificate of results' vs 'statement of results' and I was told it is the "Statement of Results which comes at a fee" that is required.

Supposedly free if you did the LC in one of the years that they weren't issued though!

Ring back. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a mistake. The familiarisation material states 'Leaving Cert', (which includes a statement of results, as part of it). The SEC website says that the statement of results is to be used in case you lost your original LC. I did my interview late in the process, and my original LC was what they were looking for. It was taken, then sent back to me a few days later, with no mention of a statement of results.

Supposedly free if you did the LC in one of the years that they weren't issued though!

I did mine in 2008, Ordered off Examinations.ie and then found orignial copy handed to me on the day. exact same as what i ordered just in black and white.

Had to pay also

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

Spoke with a guard the weekend who was telling me that in her station that they have someone coming in next week to meet the super as he was successful in the interview.....anyone else hear anything like this????

TooLate wrote: »
    Spoke with a guard the weekend who was telling me that in her station that they have someone coming in next week to meet the super as he was successful in the interview.....anyone else hear anything like this????

Was that for the GR perhaps?

Must be the GR. Garda HQ apparently don't even know the results of the interviews yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Must be GR

Gave the MST a lash today, 8.5k start and increasing 1k per minute. Didn't think I was unfit but it's not the easiest to reach level 9... 16.5k is an awful belt to be running at after going for 7mins on an increase. Throw some turnabouts in and it's fair tough.
    Anyone know if you've to bend and touch a base line when you turn or just turn on foot and go?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Gave the MST a lash today, 8.5k start and increasing 1k per minute. Didn't think I was unfit but it's not the easiest to reach level 9... 16.5k is an awful belt to be running at after going for 7mins on an increase. Throw some turnabouts in and it's fair tough.
    Anyone know if you've to bend and touch a base line when you turn or just turn on foot and go?

Is this the bleep test? how did you do this? In a gym or outdoors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Don't think you've to bend and touch. A standard bleep test increases by 0.5km per level. Does the garda test actually increase by 1km per minute or is it a misprint on the site. 16.5km/h is a serious pace to be running and is level 17 on a standard test. Can see a lot of people failing if it increases that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

mfergus wrote: »
    Pretty sure that the army...

Apart from the err fighting and killing people bit....Nothing like the army apart from the one instance you're talking about.

octigen wrote: »
    Is this the bleep test? how did you do this? In a gym or outdoors?
    Ran it on a treadmill manually increasing it every minute. Bar the turns I'd say it should be fairly similar.
    Rushden wrote: »
    Don't think you've to bend and touch. A standard bleep test increases by 0.5km per level. Does the garda test actually increase by 1km per minute or is it a misprint on the site. 16.5km/h is a serious pace to be running and is level 17 on a standard test. Can see a lot of people failing if it increases that much
    I was thinking that myself, about a lot failing it. Hadn't thought it could be a misprint but maybe you're right.

Ran it on a treadmill manually increasing it every minute. Bar the turns I'd say it should be fairly similar.

You'd be surprised how much harder the turns make it, the constant stopping and having to build your speed back up takes a lot out of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

I was thinking that myself, about a lot failing it. Hadn't thought it could be a misprint but maybe you're right.

haha,

Sorry but i had to laugh. I did the exact same as you and though it would be the same.

Turns out i got halfway through the bleep test and i had to stop. It's a lot harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

I reckon it's def a misprint. I did the beep test for CFB. That was level 10. Guards wouldn't need to be as fit as firemen

• Advertisement

jrobertos wrote: »
    I reckon it's def a misprint. I did the beep test for CFB. That was level 10. Guards wouldn't need to be as fit as firemen

It's only 8.1 for AGS though isn't it?

It's only 8.1 for AGS though isn't it?

8.7 but if it increases by 1km per level instead of 0.5 you're nearly skipping a level each time. So doing 1,3,5,7...etc rather than 1,2,3,4...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

Ya it's 8.7 for men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Except for the armed support/ERU lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

D Trent wrote: »
    Except for the armed support/ERU lads

Yes except for the small elite units

• Advertisement

I did the same and i wasnt very fit there and i only started to find it hard at level 10

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Yes except for the small elite units

ERU are elite

RSU not so much

They must be reading here... Just got an email asking for my original LC results even though I brought both on the day

They must be reading here... Just got an email asking for my original LC results even though I brought both on the day

Did they not take the LC results on the day? I still haven't got mine back...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Did anyone else not get their stuff back yet? I had my interview on 6th May, they kept all the originals of my LC, birth cert etc. and said they'd post it back to me - no sign of it yet!

Did they not take the LC results on the day? I still haven't got mine back...

They took my copy of results I received on the day in 2008. I had ordered them of examinations.ie too and brought both but they took the black and white copy and emailed me today

newmug wrote: »
    Did anyone else not get their stuff back yet? I had my interview on 6th May, they kept all the originals of my LC, birth cert etc. and said they'd post it back to me - no sign of it yet!

I had mine around then too, and till haven't got anything back. Only my LC got taken though. MY birth cert was just photocopied and given back to me on the day.

I had mine around then too, and till haven't got anything back. Only my LC got taken though. MY birth cert was just photocopied and given back to me on the day.

I got mine back a few days after. Likewise, they didn't take anything but my LC.

They took my copy of results I received on the day in 2008. I had ordered them of examinations.ie too and brought both but they took the black and white copy and emailed me today

That's weird. So they took the wrong ones off ya?

Same here. They gave me back the birth cert straight away though but kept the LC and no sign as of yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement