Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Rothmans wrote: »
    That's weird. So they took the wrong ones off ya?

Sounds like there was some real f ups there, jesus between that and the false fail email that went around there has been some real hash ups, and they're just the ones we know about!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HungryMantis

Sounds like there was some real f ups there, jesus between that and the false fail email that went around there has been some real hash ups, and they're just the ones we know about!
    Must be a good reason the results are delayed too after telling us the date they were supposed to be out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Exactly. Which makes me wonder about the bleep test and the BMI. I rang PAS, they said BMI wont be measured, but I'm not taking their word for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

newmug wrote: »
    Exactly. Which makes me wonder about the bleep test and the BMI. I rang PAS, they said BMI wont be measured, but I'm not taking their word for it.

In the Stage 3 presentation I was at, the lady from PAS said BMI was one of the most common things people fail on, so to work on getting it down if u need to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

BMI is a certainty

still doing it for GR medicals as recent as a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

That's weird. So they took the wrong ones off ya?

Im not too sure, may have been myself I pulled out the one I got on my LC results day and they accepted it I had no reason to think anything was wrong. Will drop mine into the office in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fitzzbill

Anyone know what your bmi has to be under?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

fitzzbill wrote: »
    Anyone know what your bmi has to be under?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057213528/4/#post90554824

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Not knowing whats going to happen is seriously scuppering alot of plans that I have made/would like to make

hurry up please PAS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Not knowing whats going to happen is seriously scuppering alot of plans that I have made/would like to make

hurry up please PAS!

Yeah, I think the worst part of this is that they know if we passed or not already, it's not like the other stages when they had to decide how many people they were letting through weeks after we did the tests etc. I'd just like to know if I passed or not, I'm happy to wait for the order of merit!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

Just got e-mail today looking for LC results and I did my interview on the 6th of May and my results were copied on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

TooLate wrote: »
    Just got e-mail today looking for LC results and I did my interview on the 6th of May and my results were copied on the day.

I reckon the confusion over original LC results with certain candidates has led to the delay. The obviously didn't take the right information of some people. They can't forward a panel to AGS unless they are sure everyone has met the qualifications requirements. So until this is sorted we will remain in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

octigen wrote: »
    I reckon the confusion over original LC results with certain candidates has led to the delay. The obviously didn't take the right information of some people. They can't forward a panel to AGS unless they are sure everyone has met the qualifications requirements. So until this is sorted we will remain in the dark.

Agreed! An update from PAS would be appreciated though. The waiting is distracting. I'm checking on here too often for news. It would be great to get a hard date on the results from PAS.

Anyone who had a black and white (photocopy) statement of their results have to get the coloured (orignial) copy and send them in. Just as well i had already ordered mine of examinations.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Yeah, it really isn't fair to be keeping us in the dark like this. We were told that we would receive results on the 26th. Would it not be common courtesy just to send us an FYI that there would be a delay, rather than keeping us worrying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

For the people who did bring the original copies of their LC results with them on the day, have they been sent back out to you yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Chem Lord wrote: »
    For the people who did bring the original copies of their LC results with them on the day, have they been sent back out to you yet?

Nope not yet!

BRB wrote: »
    Nope not yet!

I'd ring up about that. I got mine back within a few days. They might well have forgotten yours entirely and you could soon be getting an email for you to send your original LC into them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

I'd ring up about that. I got mine back within a few days. They might well have forgotten yours entirely and you could soon be getting an email for you to send your original LC into them :pac:

Then I'd ring them saying I'd get it to them right away. Once they send it back.

May ring them up in a couple days

Yeah it's been two weeks since I did mine and still no sign! Might give them a ring about it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

I haven't received mine either, seems like most people haven't received them back yet so wouldn't be too worried about it really

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

No nothing back yet and its being over 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

Mine were back within a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

I heard they are keeping the copies of LC etc of those who passed....

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

also your period of notice to your employer will be very short!

mickaleen wrote: »

We live in hope! :-D

Ah bollocks, where did ya hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

I heard they are only taking people that drink a minimum of 2 glasses of water a day!

All speculation, no one knows anything!

Stop scaring people with stupid rumours. They told us they would send us all back our results, I wouldn't say it means anything.

Shifty13 wrote: »
    I heard they are only taking people that drink a minimum of 2 glasses of water a day!

All speculation, no one knows anything!
    Stop scaring people with stupid rumours. They told us they would send us all back our results, I wouldn't say it means anything.

Oh God, I hope so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Ah bollocks, where did ya hear that?

I was only messing Rothman, your still in the mix....I was bored is all....

I was only messing Rothman, your still in the mix....I was bored is all....

Thank God!!! My heart sunk.

Thank God!!! My heart sunk.

You're grand haha, don't be worrying. For those people who are being asked to send their original copies in at the moment, I suspect that's good news :)

Just on the PJ website there, looks like a new positition has opened up :P

308666.png

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HungryMantis

Got my LC back today after nearly 3 weeks. Some bit of progress anyway ha

You're grand haha, don't be worrying. For those people who are being asked to send their original copies in at the moment, I suspect that's good news :)

Hard to tell, i would have imagined they would have asked everyone who had wrong ones to send in their original, but if they already know who passed and who didnt, why would they bother :confused:

They have my copy they phoned me and asked me to bring my real 1 in but i told them im still waitin on them to come in the post hopefully tomorrow!!

fitzzbill wrote: »
    They have my copy they phoned me and asked me to bring my real 1 in but i told them im still waitin on them to come in the post hopefully tomorrow!!

When did you do your interview fitzzbill. Also, how long did it take for them to post your LC back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 board_stupid

Carroller wrote: »
    Hard to tell, i would have imagined they would have asked everyone who had wrong ones to send in their original, but if they already know who passed and who didnt, why would they bother :confused:

I'm in the same boat as you here, Caroller. This has done nothing to allay my fears that I made a complete balls of the interview. I was told by the woman at reception (before my interview) that I needed to send in a copy of my original LC results. I haven't yet (I only received a copy of my original results in the post yesterday), and I've yet to receive any word from PAS on the matter.

• Advertisement

Done it 2 weeks ago and they only have a copy of my results waitin for my actual results to come from examinations then i have to bring it into pas

• Registered Users Posts: 10 piercemc08

I brought my original lc results with me and haven't received them back yet!?! What does it all mean!!

Out of a matter of interest - Out of everyone who has been asked to send their LCs into PAS, did any of you provide the official (i.e the blue green cert) on the day of your interviews, or did all of you just provide your provisional (i.e black and white cert) on the day of interview, and that's why they are getting in touch as they haven't seen your official LCs?

Tbh nothin they hand the "panell" over to AGS and they do it then

Out of a matter of interest - Out of everyone who has been asked to send their LCs into PAS, did any of you provide the official (i.e the blue green cert) on the day of your interviews, or did all of you just provide your provisional (i.e black and white cert) on the day of interview, and that's why they are getting in touch as they haven't seen your official LCs?

I had both but i think i gave them the black and white cert, (I thought this was the official one as i got it on my LC results day)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

I got a call today to send in my passport 😓 im hoping it's a good thing. I'm pretty sure they got a copy on the day but my head was all over the place so can't be sure. I'd say late next week is the best we could hope for. On another note I tried the bleep test today I got to level 5.5 and I was on the way out. It's a different ball game on the road than on a treadmill. Luckily I just have to get to 6.6 iv never been so glad to be Female and over 26. Hopefully I'll need all this training :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

r_k.com wrote: »
    On another note I tried the bleep test today I got to level 5.5 and I was on the way out. It's a different ball game on the road than on a treadmill. Luckily I just have to get to 6.6 iv never been so glad to be Female and over 26. Hopefully I'll need all this training :)

Are there different levels for different ages? Where do you find that out? What does a 32 yo male have to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Are there different levels for different ages? Where do you find that out? What does a 32 yo male have to get?

8.1 for 26-35 year olds

Males over 25 have to get 8.1.

I can't post a link but google this and it's this first result
    What are the physical requirements? - of An Garda Síochána

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

8.1 its a big difference compared to the push ups and sit ups

Hey r_k, when did you do your interview?
    r_k.com wrote: »
    I got a call today to send in my passport 😓 im hoping it's a good thing. I'm pretty sure they got a copy on the day but my head was all over the place so can't be sure. I'd say late next week is the best we could hope for. On another note I tried the bleep test today I got to level 5.5 and I was on the way out. It's a different ball game on the road than on a treadmill. Luckily I just have to get to 6.6 iv never been so glad to be Female and over 26. Hopefully I'll need all this training :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement