Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Rothmans wrote: »
    Hey r_k, when did you do your interview?

I did my interview on the 19th so hopefully they are nearly organised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

r_k.com wrote: »
    I did my interview on the 19th so hopefully they are nearly organised

Hopefully,

And hopefully they got everything they needed from me on the day, and that's why they haven't contacted me since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

r_k.com wrote: »
    . Luckily I just have to get to 6.6 iv never been so glad to be Female and over 26.

6.6 is a stroll in comparison to 8.7

lucky you!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

WilcoOut wrote: »

lucky you!

I know id be seriously nervous if I had to get to 8.7 its tough going. At least with the training its keeping my mind off waiting to hear. I feel like I'm doing something

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fitzzbill

8.7 for under 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HungryMantis

Is that 25 and under or 24 and under?

lucky you!

Hey Wilco,

Do they still have your leaving cert at PAS, or have they asked you to send it back into them? Same goes for passport. All this uncertainty has gotten to me.

Hey Wilco,

Do they still have your leaving cert at PAS, or have they asked you to send it back into them? Same goes for passport. All this uncertainty has gotten to me.

I have been asked for nothing Rothmans

I have been asked for nothing Rothmans

Thanks! And have they posted your LC back out to you yet?

Thanks! And have they posted your LC back out to you yet?

Nope not yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Chem Lord wrote: »
    For the people who did bring the original copies of their LC results with them on the day, have they been sent back out to you yet?

Yeah I got mine back within a week of interview - in a crumpled mess ... wasn't even in a 'do not bend' envelope. Cheers PAS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HungryMantis

Zadie10 wrote: »
    Yeah I got mine back within a week of interview - in a crumpled mess ... wasn't even in a 'do not bend' envelope. Cheers PAS!!!
    Did they not just send it back to you in the self addressed envelope from the day?

Did they not just send it back to you in the self addressed envelope from the day?

Yeah - which was just a regular one so whatever happened in the post meant got so crumpled. had to get the iron out!

Nope not yet

And one more question, did you give them the black and white one, or the official cert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

And one more question, did you give them the black and white one, or the official cert?

Rothmans, I gave the correct official one in on the day (2nd week of May) they took a photocopy of my ID (can't remember was it my drivers licence or my passport) and my birth cert there and then and I haven't heard anything back nor have I received my LC back in the mail. I hope this helps... I'm the same as you, I'm trying to work out what all this means too.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Rothmans, I gave the correct official one in on the day (2nd week of May) they took a photocopy of my ID (can't remember was it my drivers licence or my passport) and my birth cert there and then and I haven't heard anything back nor have I received my LC back in the mail. I hope this helps... I'm the same as you, I'm trying to work out what all this means too.

I'm in the same situation as you are.

And how had you felt your interview went?

Official (as far as I am aware!)

Official (as far as I am aware!)

So it was the blue-green cert, as opposed to the grey/ back & white one.

• Advertisement

So it was the blue-green cert, as opposed to the grey/ back & white one.

Cant remember

And how had you felt your interview went?

I think like a lot of people have said on here, I felt like it went well when i came out, but then I began the postmortem... :( So I really couldn't say - time will tell! How did u find it?

I think like a lot of people have said on here, I felt like it went well when i came out, but then I began the postmortem... :( So I really couldn't say - time will tell! How did u find it?

Same as yourself. It's just the fact that they kept others' LCs and sent ours back that has me worried now :( Why do they need to retain some, but not others? Why aren't they telling us anything.What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ItllBeGraaaand

Same as yourself. It's just the fact that they kept others' LCs and sent ours back that has me worried now :( Why do they need to retain some, but not others? Why aren't they telling us anything.What do you think?

Was it your original coloured leaving cert that you got back in the post? To be honest I wouldn't worry about it too much anyway. We'll all find out soon enough what the craic is with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 How banal...

I wouldn't read too much into it Rothmans. Could be that all your documents were perfect and they are progressing with the background checks.

Are people making back up plans in case they don't get through?

No idea. They called me then a week after the interview for my passport as they took a blurry copy the first time. I wouldn't worry about it to much. No point trying to figure the method to their madness (I doubt there even is one!) :)

• Advertisement

Was it your original coloured leaving cert that you got back in the post? To be honest I wouldn't worry about it too much anyway. We'll all find out soon enough what the craic is with it.

It was indeed. Have they sent yours back to you yet.
    I wouldn't read too much into it Rothmans. Could be that all your documents were perfect and they are progressing with the background checks.

Hopefully, hopefully!! Like above, have you gotten your LC back yet out of a matter of interest?
    No idea. They called me then a week after the interview for my passport as they took a blurry copy the first time. I wouldn't worry about it to much. No point trying to figure the method to their madness (I doubt there even is one!) :)

Well that must be a good sign that they asked you for your passport again. Maybe the fact that they hold onto the LCs doesn't have a great deal to do with it so??

I have back-up plans B, C, D & E :) I'm not even sure this is my A plan anymore - gonna wait for the results & see what happens. How bout yourself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I think its incompetence on PAS's behalf, nothing more. They unbelievably fcuked up all our results at the last stage, they're giving out incorrect dates and conflicting advice re BMI, bleep test etc., its not too much of a stretch to imagine some numpty obliviously photocopying the wrong info for random people, and now they've realised their mistake and they're scrambling to do a bit of damage control. That's it in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

newmug wrote: »
    I think its incompetence on PAS's behalf, nothing more. They unbelievably fcuked up all our results at the last stage, they're giving out incorrect dates and conflicting advice re BMI, bleep test etc., its not too much of a stretch to imagine some numpty obliviously photocopying the wrong info for random people, and now they've realised their mistake and they're scrambling to do a bit of damage control. That's it in a nutshell.
    The mistake at the last round (the email) was due to an external company that they hired to do this for them apparently. Got talking to the man at reception on the day of my interview.

Well that must be a good sign that they asked you for your passport again. Maybe the fact that they hold onto the LCs doesn't have a great deal to do with it so??

Oh look ... the mind boggles :) Hopefully this time next week we'll know!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

teaisgreat wrote: »
    The mistake at the last round (the email) was due to an external company that they hired to do this for them apparently. Got talking to the man at reception on the day of my interview.

Well who's to say A) this whole LC debacle isn't being handled by an external company? And B) that the man at reception was right?

Bottom line, there's blunders aplenty with PAS, they are the embodiment of a clusterfcuk. I wouldn't be one bit worried about LC's, passports, photocopies etc.

Ya, some blunders alright. I had cardiac arrest after getting our results the last time.
    Haven't got my LC results back yet. Plan on quitting the mundane job and leaving the country if I don't get through.

We'd want to know this time next week...they're really taking the PAS at this stage...doopitydoo.

Christ, I hope they don't come out this Tuesday. I have a stag this weekend. I shudder to think how bad I'll feel if I'm dying with a hangover depression on Tuesday and I hear I've failed.

Whether you pass or fail, good excuse for the cure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

I wouldn't read into these lc results too much. When pas rang me looking for them it was just to have everything in order whether you passed or failed. She said that results will be issued regardless of if they have all your documentation they just can't process you on to next stage.

Hareton wrote: »
    I wouldn't read into these lc results too much. When pas rang me looking for them it was just to have everything in order whether you passed or failed. She said that results will be issued regardless of if they have all your documentation they just can't process you on to next stage.

I spoke to PAS and they said if you have more that one syllable in your name and less that three then youve failed

anyone who was interviewed on an odd numbered date is being asked for their LC

Anyone who wore brown shoes is being asked for another copy of their ID

anyone who had a pinstripe suit and/or red windsor knotted tie is deffo through to fitness test and will skip the medical

anyone named shodenmcclane has failed also

wilcoout for commissioner they said, be grand they said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Mr Steak

I spoke to PAS and they said if you have more that one syllable in your name and less that three then youve failed

anyone who had a pinstripe suit and/or red windsor knotted tie is deffo through to fitness test and will skip the medical

Is any of that true?

Hilarious, is that the second or third time you've made pretty much the same joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Hilarious, is that the second or third time you've made pretty much the same joke?

Dont start fighting lads. You will be sitting next to each other in Templemore.

Just chill everyone

it all means nothing - thats what im getting at

just let it happen naturally, we'll be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I'm not wearing a tie at all!

djor88 wrote: »
    I'm not wearing a tie at all!

Lionel Hutz!?

Received my results back in the post today after about two and half weeks. Has anyone else received theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Received my results back in the post today after about two and half weeks. Has anyone else received theirs?
    Your certificates or the results of interview???

Your certificates or the results of interview???

No no, my original leaving cert results! Sorry if I scared anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

No no, my original leaving cert results! Sorry if I scared anyone!

Heart attack! Ya i got them back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Got mine back this morning too

• Registered Users Posts: 4 richie93

hey so does anyone know what date we think results will be out?

also for the medical, the eye test, is that with or without glasses/lenses???

richie93 wrote: »
    hey so does anyone know what date we think results will be out?

also for the medical, the eye test, is that with or without glasses/lenses???

That's the million dollar question. We'll just have to sit tight and wait on results!

Regarding the eye test, that's sans spectacles ha. But you are given the opportunity to get them lasered if you fail, I think.

• Advertisement

Regarding the eye test, that's sans spectacles ha. But you are given the opportunity to get them lasered if you fail, I think.

I wonder if we will this year considering the time frames involved.

Advertisement