Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

I wonder if we will this year considering the time frames involved.

Okay Johnny Drama!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I wonder if we will this year considering the time frames involved.

That's a very good point! I'd imagine you'd be put on a panel for a later intake, but God only knows tbh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/600-applicants-vying-for-place-in-garda-training-college-30118980.html

Just came across this online. Ye may have seen it already. Nothing we didnt know already but still found it interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

octigen wrote: »

It's no secret, They were so focused on getting numbers up in the celtic tiger years.

I'v dealt with many garda who couldn't even figure out how to fill in basic paper work for me.

I know a lad who waited weeks for his background checks only to be told the local garda sent them off without him and his sergeants signature. How you could make that mistake i'll never know.

• Advertisement

Just tried the MST there. I got to level 7 (absolutely gasping for breath after). That's not bad considering I haven't been able to practice for the last 3 weeks due to injury. Hopefully by the time the physical comes (God willing :p) I'll be able to get up to 8.7. The turns aren't half as bad as I thought they'd be!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Rothmans wrote: »
    Just tried the MST there. I got to level 7 (absolutely gasping for breath after). That's not bad considering I haven't been able to practice for the last 3 weeks due to injury. Hopefully by the time the physical comes (God willing :p) I'll be able to get up to 8.7. The turns aren't half as bad as I thought they'd be!

Snap, got to 7 aswell today. Every time I practice, I seem to improve. If I'm lucky enough to pass the interview, I'll be ready within a couple of weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

What are ye using to mark out the area? A rough guess of 20m or are ye being scientific about it?

What are ye using to mark out the area? A rough guess of 20m or are ye being scientific about it?

I go to the local park, measure approx 20-21 large foot steps across and mark each end with footballs. I have a recording of a beep test on my phone, so I use that for the audio.

Used a measuring tape myself out the back garden, so more or less 20m, give or take a few inches. If I pass the interview I'll probably try get the use of a PE hall for one or two practices, to simulate the actual test!

• Advertisement

Chem Lord wrote: »
    Snap, got to 7 aswell today. Every time I practice, I seem to improve. If I'm lucky enough to pass the interview, I'll be ready within a couple of weeks :)

Yeah, if we pass interview, I'd say the earliest medical will be the 10th, and the earliest physical a week after, so we should have plenty of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Chem Lord wrote: »
    Received my results back in the post today after about two and half weeks. Has anyone else received theirs?

Haven't received my LC results yet. Did my interview over two weeks ago. Anyone else in the same boat?

almeraguy wrote: »
    Haven't received my LC results yet. Did my interview over two weeks ago. Anyone else in the same boat?

Same as me

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Same as me

Yup, same here. Did mine in the second week of June still no sign.

Yup, same here. Did mine in the second week of June still no sign.

I presume you mean May. Mine came back yesterday and my interview was 2 & 1/2 weeks ago.

I presume you mean May. Mine came back yesterday and my interview was 2 & 1/2 weeks ago.

Ha, yeah sorry. Just awake!

Cheers guys. Good to know I'm not alone.

I appreciate the fact that we don't want to identify ourselves In any way, shape or form on here. With that said.
    Octigen, would you say your form B was relatively short? I respect that you may not want to answer that.

Mine was verging on long. Large family and lots of previous addresses.
    I'm wondering do we get lc results back once background is checked....

PAS, we know you are reading these, please send us an update on progress!

I appreciate the fact that we don't want to identify ourselves In any way, shape or form on here. With that said.
    Octigen, would you say your form B was relatively short? I respect that you may not want to answer that.

Nah, I was told the back ground checks could take up to two months, I just wonder if they start them after the interview or after PAS gives them the names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Would they do background checks on everyone regardless of pass or fail?

Carroller wrote: »
    Would they do background checks on everyone regardless of pass or fail?

I seriously doubt that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

HQ will already have a list of pass or fails. They might not have merit places yet but they definitely know who has passed and background checks will be well underway

HQ will already have a list of pass or fails. They might not have merit places yet but they definitely know who has passed and background checks will be well underway

That's probably the case, however when I rang them (AGS HQ HRM) about a form B issue they claimed they weren't being told who passed until early June, they could have just been saying that to avoid phone calls though, so who knows!

That's probably the case, however when I rang them (AGS HQ HRM) about a form B issue they claimed they weren't being told who passed until early June, they could have just been saying that to avoid phone calls though, so who knows!

Interesting..... when i talked to the garda taking forms at the interviews she said they would be getting our results a week after the interviews as they were progressing and get background checks started as they didn't have much time to play around with.

If they want a class for the end of July then they would want to have the results of the background checks soon.
    I would agree that that they would have a pass/fail list already. The interview felt like a tick the box exercise.

Under 20 relations including parents, siblings and aunts & uncles so i guess that would be around average.

You must have them on speed dial Shoden!

am i the only person round here who is calm about this? I bitterly wanted to know a while back but now i can wait

theres a process being carried out and all the phone calls and emails wont change that

we will all find out together and what a great day that will be

Under 20 relations including parents, siblings and aunts & uncles so i guess that would be around average.

Cheers man! It looks like my theory isn't holding up to scrutiny. Hopefully I'll get the chance to hone my detective skills in the future :-D

Thanks to all the contributors on here. This community has been keeping my spirits up over the last few years waiting for recruitment to restart and over the last few months waiting for results and preparing for tests/interviews. Keep up the good work folks.

WilcoOut wrote: »
    You must have them on speed dial Shoden!

am i the only person round here who is calm about this? I bitterly wanted to know a while back but now i can wait

theres a process being carried out and all the phone calls and emails wont change that

we will all find out together and what a great day that will be

I'm pretty calm now. Was climbing up the walls last week alight though. And no, I only rang them once and that was about a form b issue.

I'm pretty calm now. Was climbing up the walls last week alight though. And no, I only rang them once and that was about a form b issue.

Good stuff

first one in pollys is on me!

• Advertisement

Just got my LC back. Crumpled as feck. Nice one lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Just got my LC back. Crumpled as feck. Nice one lads!

You wont be complaining if you get in :D

Shifty13 wrote: »
    You wont be complaining if you get in :D

I won't need it again if I get in. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Minevah

4 weeks ago today interviews started.......this is a very very long wait?!

Is the consensus we should have them by end of next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Did my interview on the 20th and received my lc results back today , they were fairly on the ball for me! Now hopefully we get results Tuesday.

Minevah wrote: »
    4 weeks ago today interviews started.......this is a very very long wait?!

Is the consensus we should have them by end of next week?

Most were told end of May at their interview. Then people who contacted PAS last week were told it will be early June. Taking these points into account and the fact that the first intake is last week in July it would be a reasonable assumption to make that results will be out by next Friday the 6th at the latest.

But we can't be sure. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Minevah

Most were told end of May at their interview. Then people who contacted PAS last week were told it will be early June. Taking these points into account and the fact that the first intake is last week in July it would be a reasonable assumption to make that results will be out by next Friday the 6th at the latest.

But we can't be sure. :mad:

There must be a hold up somewhere, I was asked to send in my ID again so maybe they are double checking everything before they release any results!

Minevah wrote: »
    There must be a hold up somewhere, I was asked to send in my ID again so maybe they are double checking everything before they release any results!

PAS are handing over candidates in order of merit to AGS and if there is any discrepancies on identification, DOB, or LC results the blame will place at the PAS door. Do you have to post it or what's the process? Did they take it on day of interview? Until all this confusion is cleared we won't be hearing anything.

Is there many people being asked to send in information again?

Woop woop. Anyone else get the good news!?!

Woop woop. Anyone else get the good news!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

RESULTS!!!! I made it!!!!!

Mixed news. Passed but not in top 200.

BOOM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 babybell

Ya I got the good news Top 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

Result!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Top 100. \o/

5a61d944bf4bc73650ce9835d13fa73ea0ded0d7ac76701986377ef0ec60be9b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

I passed top 200

• Registered Users Posts: 38 babybell

Anyone else know if positions will change as a result of physicals or are the just a formality that u need to pass

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

babybell wrote: »
    Anyone else know if positions will change as a result of physicals or are the just a formality that u need to pass

Given it's entirely pass/fail and based only on reaching a set target I'd imagine there's no way to seperate people.

We all have to do 35 sit ups etc. so they would be splitting hairs if they used time to seperate us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Mr Steak

What do the being in the top positions or not actually mean?

• Advertisement
Advertisement