Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

In the 60s. Delighted though July is not great for me with other committments so will be seeking defferral if have to - hopefully acceptable but will ask at medical/PCT. I suppose it comes down to vetting now about who is in July intake too!

Im the same as you dirty devil would be looking for a defferral if i was to be taken in July. Do you think they would accomadate this?

I know in previous campaigns defferals were allowed, not so sure about this time around though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭thedirtydevil

TooLate wrote: »
    Im the same as you dirty devil would be looking for a defferral if i was to be taken in July. Do you think they would accomadate this?

I know in previous campaigns defferals were allowed, not so sure about this time around though!!

I asked at the presentation and said it would be case by case decision based on merit as their focus was to get 105 into templemore for July. I suspect they wont have a problem finding people who happy to go in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

. I suspect they wont have a problem finding people who happy to go in July!

all of yas defer please! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

How are they going about vetting?! I lived abroad for few years travelling and have countless addresses, how they goin to check them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

How many passed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

timmy99 wrote: »
    How are they going about vetting?! I lived abroad for few years travelling and have countless addresses, how they goin to check them?!

I'm in the same boat. It's going to takes ages for ours I'd say!

mycro89 wrote: »
    How many passed?

Noone knows. Estimates are between 260 and 300 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

It was brought up at my stage 3 q&a and they said you'd want a very good reason to be deferring like finishing a masters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Im only 12 off the 100 so very confident still i could make july

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Boom in top 200. Probably means I won't be in first intake but I don't mind that as I'm working anyway so have something to be at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hareton

Anyone find out they failed?

Me!! Not unexpected to be honest. Congrats to those who passed!!

Hareton wrote: »
    Me!!

Sorry to hear it!

teaisgreat wrote: »
    It was brought up at my stage 3 q&a and they said you'd want a very good reason to be deferring like finishing a masters etc.

I'm doing my final accounting exams in September, do you think that would qualify as a good reason??

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

I'm doing my final accounting exams in September, do you think that would qualify as a good reason??

I imagine it would be. Considering there should be a class in October, I doubt it's a huge problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy99

Open day next week for all who passed, bit pointless we all know the story!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 macmacbowie

Congrats all.

I've to send off my LC certificate which has just arrived but don't have the address and details they gave me to hand. Anyone got these handy? :/

Would be mighty obliged as want to get them off before long weekend.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Just got word of an Open Day to familiarise with the physical test.

I rang to change the day I was allocated but the person responsible is off today so they took my number and will call me back. They are on top of their heads.

I wasn't expecting this - I've a full time job and getting the days off with short notice for the various stages has been difficult enough - this one is next Thursday and there's no point even asking for it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

timmy99 wrote: »
    Open day next week for all who passed, bit pointless we all know the story!!

Still some questions around bleep test. I think this is better. Will reduce the amount of people asking questions and making assumptions on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Just got word of an Open Day to familiarise with the physical test.

I rang to change the day I was allocated but the person responsible is off today so they took my number and will call me back. They are on top of their heads.

I wasn't expecting this - I've a full time job and getting the days off with short notice for the various stages has been difficult enough - this one is next Thursday and there's no point even asking for it off.

Did you get an email about the open day or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I didn't get any email about an open day.

Yea I got an email sorry. Maybe they are taking people in stages. I didn't just get top 100, I came in the 60s.

Got e-mail also down for Friday.. Reckon a lot of people will be looking for a switch to Saturday with work etc.

I rang straight away and was told about 30 people had already called.

I wonder is attendance mandatory. I mean I passed three aptitude tests - I'll figure it out on the day.

I rang straight away and was told about 30 people had already called.

I wonder is attendance mandatory. I mean I passed three aptitude tests - I'll figure it out on the day.

Did you get it changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Minevah

Did Irish candidates get their results today?

Wondering if the placings are based on total candidates or english stream only......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Koshea

Got the bad news this morning after 29 nail biting days, congratulations to all who passed, best of luck to all in the fitness test *munches down on the big dirty greasy pizza he's been eyeing up for the past month

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Just got the open day email now

Did you get it changed?

No - they took my details and said they will call back. The person responsible for the scheduling is not in the office apparently.

The person I spoke to was fairly cheesed off about the emails going out - they will not have a pleasant Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Minevah wrote: »
    Did Irish candidates get their results today?

Wondering if the placings are based on total candidates or english stream only......

Hi,

I know of someone doing Irish interview today. 7% of each class need to be Irish so will be a different order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hopeful8

Congratulations to all the successful applicants considering the amount of people that applied it's an unbelievable achievement. Ye're lives will never be the same again, ye will absolutely love it, there is truly no job like it.

• Advertisement

No - they took my details and said they will call back. The person responsible for the scheduling is not in the office apparently.

The person I spoke to was fairly cheesed off about the emails going out - they will not have a pleasant Friday.

Just phoned there, the lad I was talking to was sound, said the person dealing with it was off and he has taken over for today, said i should be ok to attend on Saturday instead of Friday and would contact me i there was any change to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Congratulations to all who made it and commiserations to those who didn't!

Not long now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fitzzbill

Been trying to find out does anyone know the minimum requirements for the bleep test? If ur under 25 is it a minimum of 8.7 or 8.9? Anyone confirm??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Strange how the open day in templemoore never said anything about a bleep test just the circuit and push/pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hopeful8

Carroller wrote: »
    Strange how the open day in templemoore never said anything about a bleep test just the circuit and push/pull.

Where are ppl getting the word of a bleep test? There was none in 07 wen I did mine, just obstacle course and push/pull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

hopeful8 wrote: »
    Where are ppl getting the word of a bleep test? There was none in 07 wen I did mine, just obstacle course and push/pull

Garda.ie

hopeful8 wrote: »

There's also none mentioned in the email today and people were told at stage 3 that there isn't going to be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fitzzbill

So there is no bleep test then? Have been hearing there is but hopefully not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

There's also none mentioned in the email today and people were told at stage 3 that there isn't going to be one.

Is the mst, mentioned in the email, not the beep test?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HungryMantis

Rothmans wrote: »
    That's it ya. The multistage fitness test

• Advertisement

It could be but why would they call it that in the email and "20M shuttle test /The Bleep Test" on the AGS site?

I'm not going to worry about it anyway. All will be revealed at the open day next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

That's it ya. The multistage fitness test

Yeah, then why is everyone saying it's not there? It explicitly mentions it in the email!

Yeah, then why is everyone saying it's not there? It explicitly mentions it in the email!

Well I for one didn't know it was called that and given that some people were told at stage 3 that there wasn't one I presumed against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

There is a lot of confusion over the new version of the PCT. I'm sure it will all be cleared up next week.
    If you are fit and healthy then you've nothing to worry about. You'll do grand. It's a cracking day out so get out for a run. I wish I could! rest rest rest for me for a while. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

It's there alright. The muli-stage fitness test is it.

You have to assume there will be a beep test given the video they went to the trouble of making at the beginning of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 smc87

I can't believe I'm this far.. Didn't expect it, thought I had made a mess of the report writing and that was me out! Well done to everyone!!!
    Just wondering, does anyone know what the ratio of men/women are through to this round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

smc87 wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm this far.. Didn't expect it, thought I had made a mess of the report writing and that was me out! Well done to everyone!!!
    Just wondering, does anyone know what the ratio of men/women are through to this round?

I was wondering that myself :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Mr Steak

Zadie10 wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself :)

Dirty feeker!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Mr Steak wrote: »
    Dirty feeker!

Oh my lord ... from a sociological perspective!! I'm old & settled :)

Advertisement