Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

kev-bt wrote: »
    Hi lads and lassies, just received form B there and just a small question on it.

Do people with girlfriends/boyfriends have to fill out all their relatives info. I know if we were married we would have to fill them out but I am just wondering do we still have to fill them out since they are no direct relation to us?

I tried ringing PAS but couldn't get through to anyone. What did the previous gang do or what do ye think?

Thanks!

I was wondering this as well so just off the phone to Garda HRM as I had another question to clarify. She said no need to put down a girlfriend/boyfriend unless you are living together.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

Hi lads and lassies, just received form B there and just a small question on it.

Do people with girlfriends/boyfriends have to fill out all their relatives info. I know if we were married we would have to fill them out but I am just wondering do we still have to fill them out since they are no direct relation to us?

I tried ringing PAS but couldn't get through to anyone. What did the previous gang do or what do ye think?

Thanks!

I wouldnt bother including them. All your doing is adding to things that can hold up your vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Flynners89

Anyone have a number for pas or hrm? Need to call to clarify some things on form B.

Anyone here that has lived abroad or travelled? Did ye put down hostels etc that ye stayed in? I worked in New Zealand for a year and just kipped on mates couches and hostels so have no real address to give.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I put down 'Various hostels and camp grounds' for the times I was on the move in Asia/Australia/NZ. I only put down accomodation I had actually rented for a few months in Melbourne and Perth. Vetting was passed with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Would I be right in saying we need to have the Interview Form back on the 22nd of Aug and then bring Form B with us on the Interview day ??

So just 2 forms ?

Also Form B does not require information on 1st cousins ? Is this a change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

3fullback wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying we need to have the Interview Form back on the 22nd of Aug and then bring Form B with us on the Interview day ??

So just 2 forms ?

Only ever went out to aunts and uncles. Other half did it in 2006 and that's all he needed then too.
    Did the interview in May and I think I brought form b with me on the day. It was checked over while I was doing the interview. After the interview they (person checking form b) will bring you into an office and ask you any questions they might have about the information you've provided. In my case, i was asked to send back an email clarifying a few addresses

So just 2 forms ?

Only ever went out to aunts and uncles. Other half did it in 2006 and that's all he needed then too.
    Did the interview in May and I think I brought form b with me on the day. It was checked over while I was doing the interview. After the interview they (person checking form b) will bring you into an office and ask you any questions they might have about the information you've provided. In my case, i was asked to send back an email clarifying a few addresses

So just 2 forms ?

So just 2 forms ?

• Advertisement

So just 2 forms ?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

I finally finished the application form last night . I am so glad to have that out the way. Now I can concentrate on the interview itself . I can't stop thinking about anything else . How is everyone else getting on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    I finally finished the application form last night . I am so glad to have that out the way. Now I can concentrate on the interview itself . I can't stop thinking about anything else . How is everyone else getting on ?

Your interview panel will read through your application form in detail. Some interview panels will refer to your application form alot. Other panels will barely mention it but they will all read it. I hope you've done a great job on your form cos it's your first chance to make a good impression. The application form should not be looked as a formality or as something you need to get through. It is just as important as the interview it self!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Archer3083 wrote: »
    Your interview panel will read through your application form in detail. Some interview panels will refer to your application form alot. Other panels will barely mention it but they will all read it. I hope you've done a great job on your form cos it's your first chance to make a good impression. The application form should not be looked as a formality or as something you need to get through. It is just as important as the interview it self!

do the interview panel look at your background form?

carzony wrote: »
    do the interview panel look at your background form?

I don't know that. Some one from Garda HR does look over your background form while you're doing the interview. If there's anything wrong or out of place they'll clarify it with you so make sure you can get in contact with your family just in case information on family members is needed. I don't know if the panel read through your character references though.

Yes I am aware of that ,i spent a lot of time on it and I went over it repeatedly , making sure it was perfect , hence the relief that it is done . Everything I have done for this campaign has been done with 110% effort and care .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

These forms are giving me a wicked headache.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    These forms are giving me a wicked headache.

I know tell me about it . I still have to do form b , but I don't have too many relatives so it shouldn't take too long . I am preparing now for the interview itself . :/

Yes I am aware of that ,i spent a lot of time on it and I went over it repeatedly , making sure it was perfect , hence the relief that it is done . Everything I have done for this campaign has been done with 110% effort and care .

You're sorted so. Good luck!

You're sorted so. Good luck!

Thanks , what stage are you at ?

Thanks , what stage are you at ?

I've passed everything. I'm waiting for my call up in the 2nd batch. Everything has cleared now for me.

• Advertisement

I've passed everything. I'm waiting for my call up in the 2nd batch. Everything has cleared now for me.

Brilliant , well done .

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

With Form B do we just bring a copy of it to the interview or do we need to submit it to a Garda Station, get it stamped and then bring it to interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

With Form B do we just bring a copy of it to the interview or do we need to submit it to a Garda Station, get it stamped and then bring it to interview?

Just bring to interview

Representative from Garda HR will stamp and give you receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Just bring to interview

When are people doing interviews,just trying to figure out when the second batch will be taken on?

TooLate wrote: »
    When are people doing interviews,just trying to figure out when the second batch will be taken on?

There's plenty of people from the first round of interviews to fill the second batch of recruits and part of the 3rd batch. So realistic it's 3rd batch that ye're looking at.

TooLate wrote: »

Mid September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Jesus Christ filling out that form with our employment record makes me wish I was 18 again with no previous jobs to write about! I ve had more jobs than Robbie Keane has had football clubs and trying to write about them and make them sound relevant is torture!!!:D

Hi everyone , I was wondering what to do around getting a teacher /lecturer as a reference . It's been years since I have been at school / college so it's not possible . Anyone else have this problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Ring the school and explain what your doing. They'll give you a ref no problem.

mickaleen wrote: »
    Ring the school and explain what your doing. They'll give you a ref no problem.

It has been 14 years since I was at school though , I doubt that they would remember me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

For better or worse I've just posted off my interview form. Expected to feel more relieved but instead I just keep wondering what I could have done to improve it. Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

It has been 14 years since I was at school though , I doubt that they would remember me .

They'll have a record of you. They'll just give you a generic reference. Its the people they remember from 14 years ago that will have difficulty getting a reference.

Bloodwing wrote: »
    They'll have a record of you. They'll just give you a generic reference. Its the people they remember from 14 years ago that will have difficulty getting a reference.

Yes good point ;) thanks

Kablamo! wrote: »
    For better or worse I've just posted off my interview form. Expected to feel more relieved but instead I just keep wondering what I could have done to improve it. Ah well

As long as your interview is top notch , you will be fine . They only wanted an outline on your application form . You will be able to elaborate on your interview :)

Twas the guts of 17 years since I had been in school.....no hassle getting one...just rang them up and explained who I am/was...go for it....

Twas the guts of 17 years since I had been in school.....no hassle getting one...just rang them up and explained who I am/was...go for it....

Brilliant , thanks for your help :)

Do we have to get references from our chosen four referees? Or it is just sufficient to put down their contact details that are requested on the form and let Garda HRM contact them as is necessary?

Do we have to get references from our chosen four referees? Or it is just sufficient to put down their contact details that are requested on the form and let Garda HRM contact them as is necessary?
    All I did was contact the four people and asked their permission to put their names on the form. Just gave the names and phone numbers and that seemed to do just fine.

All I did was contact the four people and asked their permission to put their names on the form. Just gave the names and phone numbers and that seemed to do just fine.

Ya that is what I have as well as so I presume that is sufficient.

• Advertisement

I don't know a gard well enough to recommend me , do you think that will go against me ?

Hi everyone , I was wondering what to do around getting a teacher /lecturer as a reference . It's been years since I have been at school / college so it's not possible . Anyone else have this problem ?

I had this problem too. When I explained I asked if the principal of the local school where my kids go do instead.

eroc79 wrote: »
    I had this problem too. When I explained I asked if the principal of the local school where my kids go do instead.

That is a good idea , did you ask someone was that ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

When is everyone sending their forms in? It says have it in by tomorrow. Is that before 12am tonight or any time tomorrow?

The day I did my interview, I asked the person looking at the form. Sent in an email a day or 2 later with the information after I'd asked the principal if she'd mind. All fine. She got a call from the local garda station a few weeks later asking if she knew me.

The day I did my interview, I asked the person looking at the form. Sent in an email a day or 2 later with the information after I'd asked the principal if she'd mind. All fine. She got a call from the local garda station a few weeks later asking if she knew me.

• Advertisement

I think I'll do that then , it sounds better . Sorry just one more question :) did you also give in a written reference from her or was the phone call enough ?

I think I'll do that then , it sounds better . Sorry just one more question :) did you also give in a written reference from her or was the phone call enough ?

No. Just gave name,phone number and addresses for all my referees.

No. Just gave name,phone number and addresses for all my referees.

Ok , thanks very much for your help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 blake101

Hi WilcoOut, I'm trying to send you a private message but your inbox is full.....just wanna pick your brains!!

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Just bring to interview

• Advertisement
Advertisement