Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Kizzy08 wrote: »
    No they kept them

Was that the pj receptionist or the background form person ?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Kizzy08

3fullback wrote: »
    Was that the pj receptionist or the background form person ?

The pas receptionist

Did they not just photocopy them ?

Have you not done your interview yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

Hi all. Just wondering what stages ye guys are at. I did the interview last round but still waiting for medical and physical. Hopefully they gonna do them soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

jrobertos wrote: »
    Hi all. Just wondering what stages ye guys are at. I did the interview last round but still waiting for medical and physical. Hopefully they gonna do them soon

Same boat myself, haven't heard anything - I spoke to HR about 2 weeks ago and they said fitness may be around end of October - just a guesstimate

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

djor88 wrote: »
    Same boat myself, haven't heard anything - I spoke to HR about 2 weeks ago and they said fitness may be around end of October - just a guesstimate
    I was going to say that. The last time people were called for medicals etc fairly soon after the interview results were out. If memory serves me right the interview results were out the Friday 30th of May and I know some people were having medicals on June 10th and called for Physicals on June 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

djor88 wrote: »

And has ur vetting come back. I rang them 2 weeks ago and mine was still not back

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Same here....still waiting....

jrobertos wrote: »
    And has ur vetting come back. I rang them 2 weeks ago and mine was still not back

Hi - yeah my vetting is well back, I deferred my original fitness test due to an injury, i've done medical, just fitness to do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Have anyone's references been contacted yet?

Kablamo! wrote: »

No , mine havent . Have yours ?

Anyone know when results will be out ?

Anyone know when results will be out ?

I was told first week in October in the interview . My friend emailed pas and he was told late October and garda hq said mid October so any time in the next 33 or so days . The wait is a killer :(
    I personally think sooner rather than later .

I was told first week in October in the interview . My friend emailed pas and he was told late October and garda hq said mid October so any time in the next 33 or so days . The wait is a killer :(
    I personally think sooner rather than later .

Awh Christ !

Awh Christ !

I know ! :(

• Advertisement

No , mine havent . Have yours ?

Nope. Glad I'm not alone. Feeling less and less hopeful as time wears on!

... And if I ask my references if they've been contacted yet once again they're threatening to give me bad references hahaha

... And if I ask my references if they've been contacted yet once again they're threatening to give me bad references hahaha
    Ha ha . Yes the more time goes on , the less confident I get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

I don't think they contact the references until you get passed the interview. So you'll hear first

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

It's the local garda that will call your references before you get called in to meet the sergeant and super. This was the case for me during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liverpoolfc88

Anyone hopeful for results of the interview today? I was told early October. eeep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Anyone hopeful for results of the interview today? I was told early October. eeep.

I was only talking about you guys and your results last night. It should be today....surely

I would love them to be out today but pas have always given results in the morning , so I'm not too hopeful . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ganks

surely they have to be out soon...this waiting craic is not easy!!

Ganks wrote: »
    surely they have to be out soon...this waiting craic is not easy!!

The waiting is awful :(

Fingers crossed the results will be out in the next few days!

Ganks wrote: »
    Fingers crossed the results will be out in the next few days!

God I hope so !

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

So...impatience got the better of me and I e-mailed public jobs to see if they could shed any light on a date for the results.
    Response?... "Results are expected to be released to your Public Jobs message board this month"
    So, I know they probably don't want to commit to a date but I thought they might say this week/next week, whatever.
    It could be another few weeks though by the looks of it.
    Which is killing me as I had my interview the start of Sept so I've been waiting a month already! We will be the most patient set of Guards to cross the doors of Templemore at this rate if we make the cut! :-)

jwt22 wrote: »
    So...impatience got the better of me and I e-mailed public jobs to see if they could shed any light on a date for the results.
    Response?... "Results are expected to be released to your Public Jobs message board this month"
    So, I know they probably don't want to commit to a date but I thought they might say this week/next week, whatever.
    Which is killing me as I had my interview the start of Sept so I've been waiting a month already! We will be the most patient set of Guards to cross the doors of Templemore at this rate if we make the cut! :-)

No!!! Boo !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jenny13

jwt22 wrote: »

My interview was at the start of September too, and the wait for results is just horrible!!! Hope all goes well for you and everyone else waiting on results

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Results are out Mid October they said when I emailed them!

• Advertisement

Good luck to all getting their results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Awwwww Yissss,
    Further to your participation at Stage 4 of the selection process for Garda Trainee 2013, I am pleased to inform you that following the interview you have reached the qualifying standard.

I qualified! I'm over the moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Congrats lads and lassies :) not far to go now!!!

yoppp me owl sons! delighted to get through the interview stage! congrats to all and commiserations to anyone who failed at this hurdle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Once ye have passed this is that next stop temple more ???

Pass!!! Over the moon doesn't even come close!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Flynners89

Passed :) absolutely delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Happyturtle00

Couldn't be happier right now! Great news on a dreary looking Wednesday :)

• Advertisement

Interview passed words cannot describe... The dream is slowly becoming a reality!!! Welldone lads and ladies!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Me too!! Delighted!!! Any idea as to when the medical and fitness test will be? Is it after they release the "order of merit"?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Can anyone tell me what the sight requirement is? I'm getting conflicting information.

eroc79 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the sight requirement is? I'm getting conflicting information.

http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/Competition%20for%20selection%20of%20Garda%20Trainees.pdf

Click this link (hope it works) and see section 6.

I just printed this sheet and brought it in to my optician for a test and he said I was fine. I wear glasses for driving and distance just to sharpen things up but he said I will pass the eyesight no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chazzbucket2

Passed the interview :) does anyone know how many fail it?

Lads just wondering in reference to the fitness test, are the sit-ups, pressups, beep test added on to the obstacle course/push and pull? Do we have to do all of them? Or has the obstacle course been got rid of do ye know? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Lads just wondering in reference to the fitness test, are the sit-ups, pressups, beep test added on to the obstacle course/push and pull? Do we have to do all of them? Or has the obstacle course been got rid of do ye know? Cheers.

Yea Brownfox.. you do all them. If you check youtube for them they come up. Type in garda fitness and you'll see the obstacle course, then the bleep and muscle endurance. You'll also see a chap doing the push pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Gutted. Failed interview. I have looked for feed back to see where I was unsuccessful. Did many fail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Question about the core competencies commitment to the role is this questions like what do you know about the guards etc?

Also personal effectiveness is this how well you do things?

Interviews are over I taught ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Some are still going on

• Advertisement
Advertisement