Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Until when weren't the results issued there last week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I think these interviews are for the people who resat they're stage 3 exams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I think these interviews are for the people who resat they're stage 3 exams

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

There's a documentary on tonight on TG4 on the 50 years since the Gardai moved the training facility from Phoenix Park to Templemore. On at 9.30. Could be worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Any idea when they'll be over ?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

3fullback wrote: »
    Any idea when they'll be over ?

We were told we are to get rankings from the interview in November so we presume interviews will be ongoing until close to then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ganks

Rankings are out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Are they starting afresh or a continuation?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Are they starting afresh or a continuation?

Was going to ask the same.. If starting afresh I'm fecked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Nidgy wrote: »
    Was going to ask the same.. If starting afresh I'm fecked!!

No it's continued mate, and even if it wasn't, the fact you've passed the interview should mean you'll be entering templemore at some point

• Advertisement

I believe they are a continuation!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Well that would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Everytime

I'm up in the 300's, that similar to everyone else ?

Everytime wrote: »
    I'm up in the 300's, that similar to everyone else ?

I'm the same...in the 300's too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

If these rankings are a continuation of the previous order of merit, at what number does this september interview batch start at? Sorry I cant word that any better but im sure somebody understands it!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

I was in the first set of interviews and as far as I remember there was 240 interviewed. Hope thats what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Lojak wrote: »
    I was in the first set of interviews and as far as I remember there was 240 interviewed. Hope thats what your looking for.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jmone

n32 wrote: »
    If these rankings are a continuation of the previous order of merit, at what number does this september interview batch start at? Sorry I cant word that any better but im sure somebody understands it!

There seems to be a good few of us (approx 10-15 people) who are still waiting on vetting who were in the top 100 in the Summer. Other than us, I suppose the class will be filled up from the recent interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

jmone wrote: »
    There seems to be a good few of us (approx 10-15 people) who are still waiting on vetting who were in the top 100 in the Summer. Other than us, I suppose the class will be filled up from the recent interviews.

Ye im in that group waiting on vetting myself, plus you have maybe another 20-30 who are repeating the physical.

• Advertisement

Anyone hear anything regarding physicals yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Ganks wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything regarding physicals yet?

I'm from group 1 and doing physical next week.

Anyone get called to meet a local superintendent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 animallover89

Hi just wondering if anyone could tell me about someone doing interview preperation courses? (Not career services) thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

At the start of this thread it seems as though people were ranked in how well they did in stage 3 (I assume the first two groups). I'm through to stage 4 but I did not get a rank, just my scores in the two exercises. Did anyone else get a rank?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

At the start of this thread it seems as though people were ranked in how well they did in stage 3 (I assume the first two groups). I'm through to stage 4 but I did not get a rank, just my scores in the two exercises. Did anyone else get a rank?

Hey I wasn't ranked either :-/

• Advertisement

• Same here, just got my scores, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Hi all congrats on getting to the next hurdle!!

The form b is asking for a reference from school/college. I have been out of education for a fair few years now. Do I need to revert back to my school or does it only apply to people still in education??

I'd prefer to put down a reference from school. In the college I went to, I never had any personal dealings with anyone and to be honest I'd be worried what they would say.

Anyone have any idea when interviews are starting/finishing??

Anyone have any idea when interviews are starting/finishing??

• Advertisement

• I've got mine scheduled for 20 April, so it's surely not finishing before that.

i got my interview date...am in thursday 9th!!!!! eeeek......
    I dont think there were ranks in this phase... as far as im aware, there was a passing grade and once you made that grade you got the chance for an interview. so say you needed 400 in each test. and if 1000 out of 1000 got the score, then 1000 have interviews. If im not mistaken.
    If im wrong im just makin this up!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Quick question with form b.

There's a section asking whether you have ever been subject of or involved in a Garda investigation.

I had my car broken into a few years ago(dint even remember the exact dates or anything) and had some items stolen from it.
    The Gardaí were called and came out to the incident and I gave them a statement of what had been stolen, but that's literally that last I heard of it and doubt there was any form of investigation.

Would you reckon that would fall under the category of what they're looking for or would that be a bit trivial and there's no point in putting it in. As I said, it was so long ago I don't have specific dates or anything for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Killinator wrote: »
    Quick question with form b.

There's a section asking whether you have ever been subject of or involved in a Garda investigation.

I had my car broken into a few years ago(dint even remember the exact dates or anything) and had some items stolen from it.
    The Gardaí were called and came out to the incident and I gave them a statement of what had been stolen, but that's literally that last I heard of it and doubt there was any form of investigation.

Would you reckon that would fall under the category of what they're looking for or would that be a bit trivial and there's no point in putting it in. As I said, it was so long ago I don't have specific dates or anything for it.

I'd include it. Don't worry about accurate dates (maybe just give the year if you can). they will find the details when they look you up on pulse so prob best to include it. My two cents.

Do you need to put N\A in sections not relevant to you on the form B or does it matter?

aido112 wrote: »
    Do you need to put N\A in sections not relevant to you on the form B or does it matter?

I just left blank what wasn't relevant to me. maybe I should put in N/A ?

I left it blank too. Doubt it will be an issue. Never said anything in instructions so should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

Any Idea how long it takes to find out how you got on in the interview.Done mine last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

I heard the interview results are due between the 25th and 30th of April with successful applicants getting their medicals a week later

Yeah I was told the medical would be the week after the May bank Holiday.
    Just thought maybe we would hear next week so as to give 2 weeks notice if succesful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Last set of interviews is on Tuesday the 21st, could very well have the results by midnight on Friday the 24th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I was speaking with the medical unit in Garda HQ. They said that they were told results would be end of the month and medicals a week later. So pretty much the same as what everyone else has heard.

Interviews finished up yesterday so? Hopefully they have word soon. A weeks notice for medical wouldn't be great work wise of course that's if I got through!!

Yeah it's gonna be a week anyway. Any idea how many interviewed and if they're looking to fill both intakes from this round?

Interviews finished up yesterday so? Hopefully they have word soon. A weeks notice for medical wouldn't be great work wise of course that's if I got through!!

Yeah same here, a weeks notice wouldn't be great!

Yeah it's gonna be a week anyway. Any idea how many interviewed and if they're looking to fill both intakes from this round?

No idea to be honest. Was told at the interview there would be intakes in July and September but not sure if that will be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

No idea to be honest. Was told at the interview there would be intakes in July and September but not sure if that will be the case

Thought it would be sooner than July since first batch are finishing up in May, interesting to know. Anyone else hear anything about date of next intake?

kev-bt wrote: »
    Thought it would be sooner than July since first batch are finishing up in May, interesting to know. Anyone else hear anything about date of next intake?

From an extremely reliable source and also what I got from the Garda rep after the interview, it's definitely July at the earliest and most likely won't be delayed.

Prefer to just find out now,the waiting is a killer

• Advertisement

Prefer to just find out now,the waiting is a killer

Same here...can't stand waiting for results!! Woke in a sweat earlier had a dream I didn't pass! Lol I'd love results this week but I'd say it'll be next week or the week after!

Advertisement