Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thornthorn

kev-bt wrote: »
    Thought it would be sooner than July since first batch are finishing up in May, interesting to know. Anyone else hear anything about date of next intake?

I was told they were under serious pressure to get a class in for July too.
    I'd say there was just over 300 interviewed this time. They said that Garda HR would know the day after your interview whether you got through or not but PAS would inform us all at the end of the month. Ah I wanna know now!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

thornthorn wrote: »
    I was told they were under serious pressure to get a class in for July too.
    I'd say there was just over 300 interviewed this time. They said that Garda HR would know the day after your interview whether you got through or not but PAS would inform us all at the end of the month. Ah I wanna know now!

How would they be under serious pressure, are people failing the interviews, not showing up or what??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

mycro89 wrote: »
    How would they be under serious pressure, are people failing the interviews, not showing up or what??

Think its the latter.. I really do think people are not bothering anymore when the conditions of pay,allowances etc were made known and the increase in jobs too for people but thats just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

rocky911 wrote: »
    Think its the latter.. I really do think people are not bothering anymore when the conditions of pay,allowances etc were made known and the increase in jobs too for people but thats just my 2 cents.

How many are left from band 1 to be called forward at this stage? If they are struggling would they not call into play band 2 and 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

How many are left from band 1 to be called forward at this stage? If they are struggling would they not call into play band 2 and 3?

They will when they have all band one used, we don't know when that is going to be. I'm not sure but I think there is still over 1000 people in Band one to sit Stage 3 yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Band 3 wouldnt be touched at all I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

I'd very much love if results were out tomorrow! !

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

Hopefully. Its 2 weeks today since I had my interview.

I spoke to one of the women in the hr and she told me that their under pressure an that there are 250 places up for grabs! She also said that they had 245 interviews set up! I was on the third day and people were already not showing up for interviews.... Maybe 10, also that 80 people from the last drive were still in the running, like people who had medical reasons or so for not passing last time, and you can be sure not every one in that group will be be up to scratch! So there's a good chance I think!!!!

So you are saying we all have definitely got the jobs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

I'd say as long as you didn't make a complete balls of the interview, you're through!

That would be great :) if only though! !

Yeah caz I 100% didn't say we're all getting jobs haha!!! Just that we have a chance!!!! Like said, as long as you didn't compare yourself to robocop in the interview Id say you've a great chance!!!!!!!even Though people say I'm better then robocop!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

If there are 80 still in the running then surely they will take the bulk of the places for the July intake. They would have backgrounds completed. It would seem as though most people who recently interviewed will be waiting towards the latter part of the year. Also 80 from 250 leaves 170 places or thereabouts. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/minister-tells-new-garda-force-will-be-transformed-31167279.html
    This the first time it has ever happend ?

Three siblings in one class ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

D Trent wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/minister-tells-new-garda-force-will-be-transformed-31167279.html
    This the first time it has ever happend ?

Three siblings in one class ?

In the top class? Seems a liitle unlikekly That three siblings wouls form the top 100.

So the interview are all over..... So it's the waitin game now!!??? Anyone think their interview went really well or awful!?

So the interview are all over..... So it's the waitin game now!!??? Anyone think their interview went really well or awful!?

I was happy leaving the place so if you asked me then I would have said very well. The waiting process makes me think about parts of the interview I didn't do well in or things I could have said. I think I displayed most of the competencies apart from personal effectiveness, which I had a bit of a blank in. What the **** is personal effectiveness anyway?!!!

That's good to hear!!!!! I was raging that I was so nervous about it!!!!! Both e people were so nice!!!!! Yeah I verbally mopped myself into a corner once or twice but I think it went well!!!! I think personal effectiveness ha somethin to do with improving your skills or knowledge to improve your enviornment!!! Like work courses etc!?! Maybe

I was happy enough aswell. If I went back and did the interview again I wouldn't change a thing. Hopefully it was good enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Personal effectivness is mainly two things, how to improve yourself and how you can effect others by your attitude.
    Example 1 - Management Course (personal)
    You want to better yourself

Example 2 - You constantly have a bad attitude towards people/things and you're aggressive in your approach to everything

Example 3 - You are cool, calm and collected, you take every situation as they come and bring a positive attitude to it.

They're looking for you to be 1 and 3 not 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

That's good to hear!!!!! I was raging that I was so nervous about it!!!!! Both e people were so nice!!!!!

For soe reason I picture the interview people being very mean and awkward but this isnt the case? I've read on the forums the interview people are all quite nice actually..

carzony wrote: »
    For soe reason I picture the interview people being very mean and awkward but this isnt the case? I've read on the forums the interview people are all quite nice actually..

They were very nice and helpful. If you do your preparation and go in there relaxed, you'll do fine. I was a bit nervous but I made a conscious effort to be very calm the hour leading to the interview. I think the worst you can do is over-think and over-prepare it. They want you to do well.

Not that I really wanna do this to myself......but did anyone......or did any one hear of anyone gettin called forward for medical?!

Not that I really wanna do this to myself......but did anyone......or did any one hear of anyone gettin called forward for medical?!

Not yet we won't be called until we (hopefully) pass interview.

I know..... I'm jus wondering if anyone was told that the passed yet!!!!!

I know..... I'm jus wondering if anyone was told that the passed yet!!!!!

Oh ha I think we will be told by next Friday because medical is week after bank holiday the first week in may so hopefully we will get a weeks notice rather than a few days

There will have to be word tomorrow or Tuesday if medicals are beginning next Tuesday?

There will have to be word tomorrow or Tuesday if medicals are beginning next Tuesday?

I hope so anyway. I'm sick of waiting I just want to know!! :)

• Advertisement

All I want is a phone call and when I answer some one to say"we've been waiting for you to apply"

All I want is a phone call and when I answer some one to say"we've been waiting for you to apply"

Haha! :) exactly! ! Positive thinking ;)

If the interviews finished last Tuesday would they have results this week? It would seem very quick considering its been minimum 3 weeks every other time...maybe as there is less people at this stage :-/

Yeah I'd say they'll be early this week!!! Specially some the new Garda were being stationed and all this week!!!! Was Prob a bit of a busy week for them!!!

PAS were onto me on Thursday morning to confirm something, I asked about the results and they said it'd be most likely a fortnight as they had so many to go through and a good few things to confirm with people.

billie1b wrote: »
    PAS were onto me on Thursday morning to confirm something, I asked about the results and they said it'd be most likely a fortnight as they had so many to go through and a good few things to confirm with people.

Ah No way!! :(

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Ah No way!! :(

Yup thats what I was told but Garda HRM told me they would be between the 25th and 30th of this month, you just wouldn't know

• Advertisement

Ah be the Jaysus! This waiting game is a killer....

Also is it going to be a phone call/Email or public jobs message how you find out does anyone know

I heard it was both but Ya could expect a call off an unknown number!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

Also is it going to be a phone call/Email or public jobs message how you find out does anyone know

You should receive an email !

I have a awful fear of unknown numbers calling me!

• Advertisement

It is always a message on public jobs. You will receive an email though this can arrive several hours after the message has actually gone up on your message board. Some people will get a text if they have that facility set up. The people who hear first are always the ones eliminated. The later in the day the better your odds. That is the way all the previous rounds have tended to work.

The hr woman I spoke to told me that the Garda would let Ya know before public jobs would!

The hr woman I spoke to told me that the Garda would let Ya know before public jobs would!

When did she tell you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Everything after Interview stage is dealt with by Garda HR, not public jobs. You'll get a phone call first to check your availability, this will be followed up by an email.

madbadger wrote: »
    Everything after Interview stage is dealt with by Garda HR, not public jobs. You'll get a phone call first to check your availability, this will be followed up by an email.

Cheers, I thought it was same as previous results. Hopefully we hear soon I'm on my last nerve !!

I take it the medicals are not on next week if nobody has heard by now

madbadger wrote: »

The first batch of people who received interview results back last year was by email i.e. Message board - not phone call. AGS only take over after interview i.e. Stage V BR, medical and PCT.

The Public Jobs message board?

The Public Jobs message board?

Yes, that is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

My last two messages on public jobs came in between 4 and 5:30.
    I'm sitting here in work refreshing the page every 5 minutes! Although I do usually get a text when I get a message so a bit pointless really!

• Advertisement
Advertisement