Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

Am loggin on here every twenty mins dreadin that I see ppl got calls haha

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Doesn't look like we're getting results today then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

jwm85 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like we're getting results today then :(

Don't think so either :( another day waiting !!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

redout wrote: »
    Yes, that is correct.

You're right, sorry guys. Interview results will be from Public Jobs.
    But everything after, i.e dates for medical & PCT will be from Garda HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

Yeah there is usually a text from public jobs that you have a new message first

Another day of hell!?

The waiting is driving me mad!
    Is everyone working on their fitness?
    Did the beep test the other day for the first time and only got to level 7.

Doing small bits, want to get word on interview first!

Was going to do a beep test but workin in health and fitness will all be in vain in I don't pass the interview !!!!!! So I'll stay unhealthy until I know!!! Then I'll do a rocky montage type work out and I should be fully fit and ready in like 12 mins!!?

• Advertisement

• Just a word of advice on the beep test - make sure you measure 20m precisely, even a tiny bit off the measurement makes a hell lot of difference in the results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Get in there!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Get in u beauty!!!!

Order of merit. Top 300 first :(
    Still through though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

Got through as well. I think it starts at 451 from this round?

Can someone explain this to me?? I placed 456. Have I a chance of getting in this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

aido112 wrote: »
    Can someone explain this to me?? I placed 456. Have I a chance of getting in this year?

Your 5th on the order of merit, its starting at 451 I believe

billie1b wrote: »
    Your 5th on the order of merit, its starting at 451 I believe

Yes but are they not just taking the first 300 to stage 5 for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Magic11

451 is like starting from 1 so it's all good! There would have to be 100 at least for medicals anyway so anywhere to 600 will prob be called

300 have gotten through from rounds 1 and 2. We're round 3, which starts off at 451. The ones left over have stumbled on background check, medical or physical I'd imagine.

Yep got in Myself it would seem!!! Number 512...what does his mean????

• Advertisement

But if 300 are already assigned to the college from round 1 and 2 that means the next two intakes this year are selected. So we're all looking at next year?

Yeah I assume the 300 are the Gardai already through on this recruitment drive!!!!!!! I made 588!!!!! Still in the requirement so I'm happy..... Jus Prob not that good at interviews haha

I read it as the first 300 have already been assigned to Templmore.Not sure if they have gone through yet or not. I suppose expect a phone call in the next few days to and go from there

Well done everyone by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thornthorn

Ahhhhh sweet relief!!!!! All I was looking for was the 'pleased to inform you' so I'm delighted! Placed 494. The wording is very confusing alright. I'm taking it that 451 is starting from scratch this round too.

Yeah well done folks

No they're not gonna a sign people from interveiws alone

No they're not gonna a sign people from interveiws alone

Are they not from previous rounds of interview/medicals etc

Ok so I'm guessing then the 300 already assigned are the 300 they took already. I'm in the 600 range so I'll be in the first 150 of this round! So maybe we will make it this year! What about the 151 after the first 300?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Magic11

Could it not mean that the first 300 that assigned are already in the college and have left or still in training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I made it also! I think that it starts at 451 but somebody said 80 are still leftover from the last batch. I presume they take 80 of the 125 places for July intake plus 45 of us should we pass BR, medical and PCT. Everyone else that passes will go in the next batch of 125 in around September October? That is my take on it. Anyways congrats to everyone......

Magic11 wrote: »
    Could it not mean that the first 300 that assigned are already in the college and have left or still in training?

300 have gotten in already so you can take them out of the order of merit. This round starts at 451 so there's 151 left over from the first 2 rounds. Some of them have gotten rejected and some are repeating the physical or getting laser eye surgery etc. Some have passed everything and are in the next intake in July.

I think once Ya got a positive email your golden for Medicals anyway!!!!!
    No to go study for the medical!!! Gotta practise my turn and cough!!!!!😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

So am I right in saying that the first 3 classes were 1-300? 151 were still in so now they will begin in July along with some of the order of merit? Then the next class will be taken from this round. Ie 451 - 5...
    So the next class will be a new round of interviews from the remainder of band one?
    How many are left in band one?

So am I right in saying that the first 3 classes were 1-300? 151 were still in so now they will begin in July along with some of the order of merit? Then the next class will be taken from this round. Ie 451 - 5...
    So the next class will be a new round of interviews from the remainder of band one?
    How many are left in band one?

No I think that the are 80 people from the 151 i.e. 350-451 still in and ready to go going by what someone posted here about a week ago. I think that 300-451 will have 80 people ready to go into the July class of 125. Then the remaining 45 from those of us who received results today and are successful with BR, medical and PCT. The remainder of those who are successful will go into the next batch of 125 in September October. That's is my take. I suppose the only way to know for sure is to ring Garda HR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

No I think that the are 80 people from the 151 i.e. 350-451 still in and ready to go going by what someone posted here about a week ago. I think that 300-451 will have 80 people ready to go into the July class of 125. Then the remaining 45 from those of us who received results today and are successful with BR, medical and PCT. The remainder of those who are successful will go into the next batch of 125 in September October. That's is my take. I suppose the only way to know for sure is to ring Garda HR.

Ah I see so 170 from this round of interviews? I'm assuming then they will use the last of band one for the next classes thereafter? Out of curiosity what's the fail/pass rate for the BR, Medicals and PCT? I'm assuming there will be fails and no shows

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Well if the emails ye received are correct and your band started from 451 and there is 80 of us left from band 1 ready to do then it must be around 40 percent failure rate seen as 300 have started templemore to date. Also the medical is fine, you've either got good eyesight/ hearing or you don't. I had to defer my PCT originally as I had a sports injury and was still rehabbing it, but I did the PCT and found it ok. As long as you do a bit of training for it you'll be fine and if you're regularly active you won't need too much training. I seen a few people fail the bleep test though so be wary I guess

StevieF3 wrote: »
    Well if the emails ye received are correct and your band started from 451 and there is 80 of us left from band 1 ready to do then it must be around 40 percent failure rate seen as 300 have started templemore to date. Also the medical is fine, you've either got good eyesight/ hearing or you don't. I had to defer my PCT originally as I had a sports injury and was still rehabbing it, but I did the PCT and found it ok. As long as you do a bit of training for it you'll be fine and if you're regularly active you won't need too much training. I seen a few people fail the bleep test though so be wary I guess

Anything else in the medical apart from eyesight and hearing? Do they take blood samples for testing?

Medicals still next week??? Does anybody know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

How many done the interviews this time round and how many passed ??

Anyone else fail? I'm heartbroken

Sorry to hear . Failed at the interview stage myself before. Go again if you can

Sorry to hear . Failed at the interview stage myself before. Go again if you can

Cheers, I'll definitely try again I'm only 25 so have a few years left :) still...today is painful! Best of luck to you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Cheers, I'll definitely try again I'm only 25 so have a few years left :) still...today is painful! Best of luck to you all!

Sorry to hear.

You are Very graceful in defeat, good on you

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

How many done the interviews this time round and how many passed ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

can i ask what group the most recent interviewees are taken from?

i am in band 1 stage 2 and was ranked 2008 but havent heard anything since last year

slingerz wrote: »
    can i ask what group the most recent interviewees are taken from?

i am in band 1 stage 2 and was ranked 2008 but havent heard anything since last year

Band 1, 1,200 - 1,800 were the last batch called to stage 3. I presume the next 600 or so will be called shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Band 1, 1,200 - 1,800 were the last batch called to stage 3. I presume the next 600 or so will be called shortly.

hopefully i will get included in that group so

Anyone know when we will get our medical date?? Cutting it fine to book the day off work.

Anyone hear about medical days?!?! Maybe tomorro we will find out!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement